Camp site trailer restrictions

We are headed to Disney in November and we have a "pop up" site reserved, but we are in the process of upgrading our camper situation.  The travel trailer we are buying will be the same length and width of our current pop-up (or really close).  Will we be ok?  I called Disney but they said we have to have a pop up in the site.  We obviously don't want to travel across the country with a camper we won't be able to use...any advice?  Just do it and they won't care?  I saw somewhere else that it should be fine, but I would love some more expert advice.  Thank you!  

Technically the partial hookups are supposed to be for popups, campervans, and tents. Having said that, they have 50 Amp, 30 Amp plugs, have water, and cable. They do NOT have sewer, and there is not a dump station at the Fort. The driveways are much shorter than the other loops. I have seen everything from tents to teardrops, to hybrids, to motorhomes in those loops. If you use online checkin and get your site number before arrival and just park in the site, more than likely not a word will be said.

Alternatively, why not try and have a great travel agent work on upgrading you to a full hookup site for your dates. I recommend [email protected] to work on getting you the upgraded site. Then cancel your other site when you have your dates.

17 hours ago, Circusof6 said:

Thank you for your tips.  Unfortunately Ft Wilderness is sold out for the times we are going and since we are already this close to leaving and have all of our dining reservations, we don't want to change dates.  We read about not having sewer and we are ok with that.  

the fort is never "sold out" to the right travel agent.  Jason found me 2 weeks in late October - Nov when the website and Disney staff couldn't get me in...  Not sure what type of pixie dust he has but it works.

The fort is the biggest breaker of their own rules.  They really don't enforce the partial site restrictions, including allowing dogs in tents and pop ups. I've seen plenty of trailers and small RVs in the 1500 and 2000 loops.

Of course that doesn't mean you won't get a CM that is a stickler for the rules

Understand your concern but if your new trailer (congrats by the way) is approximately the same size as your popup I would just cruise on in. The response you got from the CM when you called was the stock answer they are probably required to say. There were plenty of trailers in the 2000 loop July 4th week along with Class B and Class C RV's that easily met the length requirements of a partial site. Don't know anyone that's ever been turned away at the gate. With the rates going up in 2019 I think we'll see a lot more smaller campers in the partial sites. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Disney change the descriptions/requirements for these sites. 

17 hours ago, Travisma said:

The fort is the biggest breaker of their own rules.  They really don't enforce the partial site restrictions, including allowing dogs in tents and pop ups. I've seen plenty of trailers and small RVs in the 1500 and 2000 loops.

Of course that doesn't mean you won't get a CM that is a stickler for the rules

I was pleased to see security driving around 1500 loop on the 4th. They seemed to be noting sites with multiple cars/ cars overhanging the pad, I also saw them stop and talk to someone with a dog in a tent.  They didn't seem that concerned by anyone's setup though, nothing extremely large in 1500 that I saw, although the site next to me did have a hybrid that was about 23ft, so guessing this was just within the limits, such that they are?

On 7/14/2018 at 5:19 PM, Travisma said:

Yep.  That and 4 families with 4 tents and 2 or 3 cars on one site (Did I just say, "on"?  I meant to say, "around" the site).  Plus, 2 RVs in one site: that one always amazes me.  

11 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Yep.  That and 4 families with 4 tents and 2 or 3 cars on one site (Did I just say, "on"?  I meant to say, "around" the site).  Plus, 2 RVs in one site: that one always amazes me.  

Don't forget the residential dishwashers discharging grey water all over the ground in an apparent violation of state law every Thanksgiving.    But, hey, I'm just being nitpicky.  

47 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Don't forget the residential dishwashers discharging grey water all over the ground in an apparent violation of state law every Thanksgiving.    But, hey, I'm just being nitpicky.  

I promise... I won't do it again 😎

• 8 months later...

Jason wasn’t any help to me, I got up with him about 6 months before and he told me no problems he could get more days for me. I sent him a text two months before my trip and he didn’t even know who I was. About a month before the trip I called Disney checking on something else, I told the agent that I was looking for more days at the Fort the agent got me one more day. I couldn’t get it because I had a agent. Jason never did find me any extra days. 

27 minutes ago, Spock said:

Jason wasn’t any help to me, I got up with him about 6 months before and he told me no problems he could get more days for me. I sent him a text two months before my trip and he didn’t even know who I was. About a month before the trip I called Disney checking on something else, I told the agent that I was looking for more days at the Fort the agent got me one more day. I couldn’t get it because I had a agent. Jason never did find me any extra days. 

Jason never stopped trying. Chances are you called me at my day job where I didn't have your information with me. Sorry I wasn't able to get you the days but I know for a fact I never promised I could get days. When I agree to take on trying I am straight up with people that I will do my best and check repeatedly but unfortunately what shows up for availability is out of my hands. If you had concerns with me it would have been great if you had expressed them to me. I would have been more than willing to release the reservation back to you so you could try on your own. 

42 minutes ago, Spock said:

Welcome to the forum. It’s a shame however your first post is on a post from last year and it is speaking negatively of a fellow member who plenty of us have used and have had positive experiences with. 

1 hour ago, Spock said:

It's funny you are the only one with that complaint over many years...

Oh, and mickey-welcome-sign.gif

Plenty of room on the 3000 loop for all dates.  Send me your dollar to save your spot 

4 hours ago, Spock said:

As a fellow travel agent, I have a huge problem with you bashing Jason like that. Before becoming an agent, he was mine and always took care of my family. When we look for availability, we're basically looking for people to cancel, so it is completely unfair for you to blame him that people didn't. I also know from personal experience that he doesn't promise things like that. While we may me technically "competitors" in some sense, we support each other, and what you are saying is completely ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

As a fellow travel agent, I have a huge problem with you bashing Jason like that. Before becoming an agent, he was mine and always took care of my family. When we look for availability, we're basically looking for people to cancel, so it is completely unfair for you to blame him that people didn't. I also know from personal experience that he doesn't promise things like that. While we may me technically "competitors" in some sense, we support each other, and what you are saying is completely ridiculous. 

I thought you  were a teacher.  And I also know Jason does not promise, he has tried for me before and got the dates and some times he couldn't. But he never promised,  he just said I will see what I can do.  And one magical time he got me a reservation with out me even asking, but that is just because he is the MAN. Thanks again Jason 

39 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

I thought you  were a teacher.  And I also know Jason does not promise, he has tried for me before and got the dates and some times he couldn't. But he never promised,  he just said I will see what I can do.  And one magical time he got me a reservation with out me even asking, but that is just because he is the MAN. Thanks again Jason 

Always happy to help people out when I can. 

1 hour ago, LONE-STAR said:

Sometimes we crazy folks have more than one job. Ha ha

7 hours ago, Spock said:

Geez...

A first post to remember. 

What did your mother tell you about saying something nice or not at all?