Slinky Dog queue isn't wearing well

Looks like disney went with thin wraps for the different items in the queue. They are already scuffed, pealing, and generally look like poop for only being open a short time. I noticed this in multiple spots. If they wait a whole year before a rehab to fix this it will be really bad.

Of course anyplace that has lifted will quickly be peeled away in large chunks by the delinquents.

22 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Is it possible the queue theming wasn't ready for the opening so they put up cheap overlays with the intention of replacing them when the permanent displays are ready?  Or am I giving them too much credit? 

I’m gonna way too much credit 

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

Is it possible the queue theming wasn't ready for the opening so they put up cheap overlays with the intention of replacing them when the permanent displays are ready?  Or am I giving them too much credit? 

Always the optimist.  I bet you believe those ooey, gooey cinnamon rolls will be coming back too. 

Blake-  I'm surprised you didn't mention the failed fences and railings.  They have already had to block off an overlook that they built for the Slinky Dog attraction because the welds on the railings failed.  Also,  they are only operating one exit gate for the Aliens ride for the same reason.  They have Castmembers posted at all of the other exit gates blocking them off, and one gate that another Castmember opens and holds open for all of the guests to exit.  It is definitely slowing down the capacity for the ride.  It's unbelievable how cheap they went, and the dummies are already paying for it.  Sadly, I don't think they can afford to shut the whole place down to fix the problems, so it's going to be that way for a while.

TCD

8 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Blake-  I'm surprised you didn't mention the failed fences and railings.  They have already had to block off an overlook that they built for the Slinky Dog attraction because the welds on the railings failed.  Also,  they are only operating one exit gate for the Aliens ride for the same reason.  They have Castmembers posted at all of the other exit gates blocking them off, and one gate that another Castmember opens and holds open for all of the guests to exit.  It is definitely slowing down the capacity for the ride.  It's unbelievable how cheap they went, and the dummies are already paying for it.  Sadly, I don't think they can afford to shut the whole place down to fix the problems, so it's going to be that way for a while.

TCD

I didn't see those problems. In Disney's defense I'm sure they outsourced those to a contractor. They probably wouldn't spec any nondestrutcive exams on handrails. It would be easy for a shop to pump out some bad welds if they had a new guy or some other issue. Visually a bad weld can look like a good weld. 

19 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

Depending on where the bad welds are, they could either make new gates off site and install them after hours, or get a couple of crews in overnight to inspect, grind off the paint, re-weld and repaint before the hoards arrive.

On 7/14/2018 at 9:51 PM, ImDownWithDisney said:

No he would not be.  I'm surprised how thin this stuff is. It can't be more than a few mils...like a cheap trash bag. Major fail. 

Buzz Lightyear over at Magic Kingdom has always had that kind of "guest abuse" I don't ever know of a time when I haven't seen some peeling wallpaper in that queue