Help resort fast pass question

OK we have a up coming trip to the fort we have already made our fast passes. Well today I found out they are going to total our rv (which is unexpected ) I thought it could be fixed.

So my question is if I cancel my fort reservation and book a new reservation at Port Orleans riverside  will we lose our fast passes? I don't want to lose Slinky dog and Flight of passage.

24 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

So my question is if I cancel my fort reservation and book a new reservation at Port Orleans riverside  will we lose our fast passes? I don't want to lose Slinky dog and Flight of passage.

No, you will not lose your FP's. I've moved reservations around a lot.  They've never messed with my FP's. 

TCD 

8 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

No, you will not lose your FP's. I've moved reservations around a lot.  They've never messed with my FP's. 

TCD 

Thanks for  the quick reply. Now I just have to figure out how to break it to our daughter that we won't have our  camper and she can't bring her dog. 

9 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

OK we have a up coming trip to the fort we have already made our fast passes. Well today I found out they are going to total our rv (which is unexpected ) I thought it could be fixed.

What happened to your RV?

8 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Thanks for  the quick reply. Now I just have to figure out how to break it to our daughter that we won't have our  camper and she can't bring her dog. 

Riverside is currently pet friendly. An additional cost I know but wanted to be sure you were aware that it was an option. 

9 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

When are the reservations for or when did you book them?

Riverside has/had pet friendly buildings.  I know they were going to stop taking pets, but were honoring reservations made before a certain date.

Thanks for all the  replys. Everybody is fine. It is actually a tire blow out that did interior damage  on top of the outside damage. And since it knocked a couple of walls lose there afraid there is structural damage and they decided it would be better to just total it. I was shocked at first but the more I thought about it they are probably right.

15 hours ago, Travisma said:

When are the reservations for or when did you book them?

Riverside has/had pet friendly buildings.  I know they were going to stop taking pets, but were honoring reservations made before a certain date.

September, they were booked almost a year ago. 

Glad you all made it through the blowout without injury.   Those things can go wrong quickly, but I'm sure having an adequate tow vehicle plus experience on your part made the difference.   It does give you some insights into how most rv's are constructed though, that a simple tire blowout has resulted in the totaling of the entire thing.   That's amazing.  

11 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Thanks for all the  replys. Everybody is fine. It is actually a tire blow out that did interior damage  on top of the outside damage. And since it knocked a couple of walls lose there afraid there is structural damage and they decided it would be better to just total it. I was shocked at first but the more I thought about it they are probably right.

I've been thinking about lining my wheel wells with 1/8" plate. I think you've convinced me to do so. 

11 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

I've been thinking about lining my wheel wells with 1/8" plate. I think you've convinced me to do so. 

That's a good idea. And if the tires are near your dump valves I would put a guard around them also.

14 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Glad you all made it through the blowout without injury.   Those things can go wrong quickly, but I'm sure having an adequate tow vehicle plus experience on your part made the difference.   It does give you some insights into how most rv's are constructed though, that a simple tire blowout has resulted in the totaling of the entire thing.   That's amazing.  

I know it's crazy. I am not  even sure if I will  buy another one at this point. This was  our 3rd trailer since 2002 and I am not sure I want to do it again. 

21 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

They are still allowing dogs through October at least.

Thanks that's good to know but I really don't want to pay  $50.00 a night for our dog it's bad enough I will have to pay to park our truck.

On 7/21/2018 at 12:14 AM, LONE-STAR said:

Yikes - that's scary! Glad y'all were ok.

We blew a tire on the way down in October on 95 in FL. We were incredibly lucky that aside from ripping off a piece of trim, it didn't damage anything else. It was on the passenger's side, but there were still wires and whatnot close by that it could have destroyed. 

On 7/21/2018 at 10:56 PM, LONE-STAR said:

I know. Give me a week I will change my mind 

Yeah, the rest of the ride down DH was 100% sure he was selling it in FL and not towing it home.

I can see it out my window right now.  🙂

On 7/20/2018 at 11:14 PM, LONE-STAR said:

That sounds crazy but I can believe it after the little bit of damage my last blow out caused.  When making the repairs I saw just how poorly constructed it is.

On 7/21/2018 at 9:34 PM, LONE-STAR said:

I know it's crazy. I am not  even sure if I will  buy another one at this point. This was  our 3rd trailer since 2002 and I am not sure I want to do it again. 

I get that, we've only had ours for four years and I've already talked about it.  Especially when we go on a vacation without it and it ends up sitting for an extended amount of time.

WBI

We have always tried to make our vacation include the camper or at least I did. They gave me the salvage numbers today and it's not worth it. So now we have to clean it out and be camper less. It's hard to believe we won't have one. We could buy another one but at this point I think we will try life with out one and see what it's like.  Who knows maybe it will  be fun to unpack a suitcase then set down with a cold beer and look at the good job I did hanging up clothes. That just doesn't sound right. 

A few years ago I talked the wife into a quick trip staying at All Stars. She always get grossed out in hotels. Dragging our bags we walked past a room with 3 big Honda generators outside and huge power cables running into the sealed up door. They were treating for bed bugs. She wasn't happy lol and immediately disassembled our room looking for bed bugs. 

23 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

A few years ago I talked the wife into a quick trip staying at All Stars. She always get grossed out in hotels. Dragging our bags we walked past a room with 3 big Honda generators outside and huge power cables running into the sealed up door. They were treating for bed bugs. She wasn't happy lol and immediately disassembled our room looking for bed bugs. 

Come on I am trying to look forward to PORS .Which reminds me I need to get Jason my deposit.