Hearthside Grove Motorcoach Resort, Petoskey, Michigan

We spent a week recently at Hearthside Grove in Petoskey, MI.  Petoskey is a beautiful town in the northwest part of the Lower Peninsula.  Hearthside Grove is a Class A motorcoach resort that offers ownership for those that wish to purchase a site, and also rents sites.  Owners can make various upgrades to their sites, including bungalows, outdoor kitchens, fireplaces, water features, etc.  Renters can rent a plain site from the resort's unsold inventory, or can rent an owned, upgraded site through the resort.  We opted to rent an upgraded site.  

Our site, while it had a bungalow, did not come with the use of the bungalow.  Some do, and you pay more for that.  But we had full use of the outdoor kitchen with grill, stove, griddle, fridge and bar area, a fireplace with built in fountains, a separate firepit, and various seating.  Both fire features were natural gas, and wood fires are actually not allowed at the resort.  

Here is our site, which was a "pull in" site.

XXMjntm3Yxg0xf2-nnjdGXS2L2vOTl4W9mAObUsz

YP2PwvjCHxCzAKfEfF0MaIjWe32Mv8VcO_QsghN_

h7E3NuWbUMmlDXKM8lg2Xh_vIbx-aYRqudEmP1SG

Here's a couple of pics from the website that show the bungalow better.

Hearthside-Grove-Motorcoach-Resort-78-8.

And the kitchen.

Hearthside-Grove-Motorcoach-Resort-78-11

Hearthside-Grove-Motorcoach-Resort-78-14

We really liked this campsite!  You could argue it wasn't really "camping", but we've done a lot of camping in our 50 years, and this was a very enjoyable way to spend a week. 

The resort overall is very nice too.  It has a very nice clubhouse, and a lot of amenities are included in the rates, such as laundry, coffee and sodas.  

Here's the inside of the clubhouse.

r31qmvDaB3ibMuYk39VeJitM1IX4BBjOQ5Mh8uTz

Theater inside the clubhouse.

Rm8MvTITJ-kpSZAnWp5dkdod0tg4LmjeovuckuHl

Bar inside the clubhouse where you can help yourself to beverages.  They often had food sitting out on the bar too....such as this large box of donuts.

4m9CA-Y_XpIG6BEDwu5yolk2ZTP753t5wJCeIm7W

Notice my coffee mug....gotta represent.

IEOKoP-Vp3VOzxkFU7--jQkIUFBWSdZ7AZpEg4Ns

The pool...

oXAtyjrGnu_I-7t0GjGdzoSb6RzeMGxQnD8ge0FH

One thing about this resort....while they allow gas class A motorhomes like ours, we were in a definite minority.  I think I counted 3 other gassers, and the rest of the motorhomes in the resort were diesels.  And not just any diesels.  Sure, there were an assortment of Tiffins, Newmars and other mass market diesel motorhomes.  But the majority of people who spend time here are in high-end motorcoaches such as Newell, Foretravel, Featherlite, Marathon, etc.  I've never seen so many $2-3 Million RV's in one place in my life.  And the custom coach builders know they have a captive market there, as they take turns throwing parties and demonstrating their coaches.  In the week we were there, we were treated to 3 catered events....a breakfast put on by Foretravel, a dinner put on by Marathon Coach, and a happy hour put on by Featherlite.   The breakfast had 3 chefs cooking up custom omelets....because who wants to wait in line for 1 chef?  LOL.

Check out this Featherlite.

wEDvfqhl7GyCqGg9AJT7ckcSPScsBjVHj0VJk4sU  

The best part was the bar that popped out of a basement compartment.  

KisJVw616gIkS5jaawv-APjAXSJ0EKc5bYNR_NUg

See those plastic tubes there behind the glass door?  That's where you put the booze bottles.  And here is the dispenser!

jUZ4oJJWidObhNDc24favX87jWFJhWXdmkBCqxiO

I need to get me one of those.  

Now if only I could afford a $2.5MM coach.... :))

Wow. Looks pretty swanky. I’m guessing it’s slightly more than the Fort 😂

Was there a lot of kids there is this more of an adults only type of place? 

Any idea what was in the bungalow ?

brian saw something about fishing in Michigan (I don’t know what part) but the water was super clear, so Michigan might be on the horizon for us for a trip. 

10 minutes ago, Beckers said:

Wow. Looks pretty swanky. I’m guessing it’s slightly more than the Fort 😂

Was there a lot of kids there is this more of an adults only type of place? 

Any idea what was in the bungalow ?

brian saw something about fishing in Michigan (I don’t know what part) but the water was super clear, so Michigan might be on the horizon for us for a trip. 

The thing is....we paid about 35% less than we've paid for a Premium site at the Fort.  

Here's some pics of the inside of the bungalow from the website.

Hearthside-Grove-Motorcoach-Resort-Lot-7

Some of the bungalows in the newer phase of the resort are unbelievable....LOTS bigger and more luxurious.   Check this pic out...

Hearthside-Grove-Motorcoach-Resort0001.j

Anyways....the fishing up there is supposedly pretty awesome.  There sure are a lot of people doing it.  And the boats....it's amazing how many boats are in that area, especially considering the short season.