Annual Pass Renewal Question

Just got off the phone with Disney and had something interesting happen and want to know what you guys think. My AP's expired on 5/5/2018. I know that 6/5/2018 was my last day to renew. When I called in I asked her to check and see if they could be renewed and if not I would pay the full price to get my AP's back since we will be making a few trips down in the next 12 months. She put me on hold, came back about 5 minutes later and confirmed they were expired and said I would need to renew them (never said anything about a full repurchase). When she processed the order, she processed it at the renewal rate instead of the full rate which saved about $100 a ticket. After all was said and done I now have 4 ticket confirmations and will be picking them up at will call here thursday. I added them into the my disney experience app and they were for the platinum plus pass (what we wanted) and labelled as a renewal certificate.

My question is, when I pick them up will they be active already and back date to the day they expired when it comes to renewal? In other words will they expire on 5/5/2019 or 12 months from they day I pick them up? I wanted to see if this has happened to anyone before. Seems odd that they would sell me a renewal knowing I was outside the renewal window by a few months.