Kentucky-Indiana Toll Bridge on I-65

Kentucky - Indiana Bridge Question.... We drove to Indiana by way of I-65 over the weekend and stayed on the main bridge which, I "think" from the signs was a toll bridge. It had no toll booths, so I believe we'll get a bill based on our tag(s). Anybody have any experience with this? We don't have an EZ-Pass, but do have a SunPass, and I just checked that account, and no activity.

17 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Kentucky - Indiana Bridge Question.... We drove to Indiana by way of I-65 over the weekend and stayed on the main bridge which, I "think" from the signs was a toll bridge. It had no toll booths, so I believe we'll get a bill based on our tag(s). Anybody have any experience with this? We don't have an EZ-Pass, but do have a SunPass, and I just checked that account, and no activity.

We drove over it on our way to and from Michigan.   You drove underneath an array of sensors and cameras.   I also had my Sunpass but to date no activity has posted.   I just looked on the RiverLink website and apparently they don't take Sunpass.  I anticipate I'll receive a bill at some point.   I've driven highways with similar setups before and it's taken 6-8 weeks to get one.  

We just drove the same bridge a couple of weeks ago and yes you should receive a bill in the mail, we had EZ Pass and will have to see if they deducted for it yet, I think our charge was going to be close to if not more, around $10

16 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

We drove over it on our way to and from Michigan.   You drove underneath an array of sensors and cameras.   I also had my Sunpass but to date no activity has posted.   I just looked on the RiverLink website and apparently they don't take Sunpass.  I anticipate I'll receive a bill at some point.   I've driven highways with similar setups before and it's taken 6-8 weeks to get one.  

And I heard a MH & Toad is $11.00....😡

WOW according to the link to the toll rates you can charged even more with a roof top carrier, that's the first I have heard that one, bad enough we usually are always charged the rate for a tractor trailer but here they have every angle covered to make money!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

My lovely wife was giving directions while heading back form Mammoth Cave some how we ended up going over the bridge, turned around and came back over the bridge and we recieved not one, but Two bills in the mail about 2 months after our trip.....

On 7/26/2018 at 7:18 AM, dblr....Rennie said:

WOW according to the link to the toll rates you can charged even more with a roof top carrier, that's the first I have heard that one, bad enough we usually are always charged the rate for a tractor trailer but here they have every angle covered to make money!!!!!!

Wow.. that is crazy!

• 4 weeks later...

I did get the bill the other day. $14 and change for both trips. They had a picture of my truck and camper and a picture of the camper tag on the bill. I wonder though, if I was from one of those states that don't require trailer tags if they could have seen my truck tag?

Riverlink is such a pain in the rear. Sometimes you get the bill, 2 months later, other times nothing. When they first started the toll on the bridge, we crossed it numerous times and never received a bill. When we went to renew license plates, we found out there was this outstanding amount AND we were getting late fees. It took us a few months to get the late fees taken off and the original amout owed paid. SOOOO, if you do not receive a letter from Riverlink within a 2 month time frame, better call and see what the deal is.  

• 2 weeks later...

My wife has traveled this way for family visits a couple times since Riverlink went live and I've got a couple observations:

The first was right after it went live. It's a toll by plate/transponder system only, and after she crossed over, I looked up the info and it said that if you had no account that the system would monitor for a round-trip within I think a 2 week period and you would be mailed an invoice. The first sign of mail I got was a "2ND NOTICE" that tacked on another $5 administrative charge even though we never received a first notice. We called to complain of course, but after spending 45 minutes on hold we decided that we were beaten and paid the extra $5.

The next time she went I opened an account. Even if you don't have a transponder on your car, you can register your car plate and add funds to the online account. So I registered both our cars and put some money in... the system worked as advertised and recognized our plate on each crossing. Riverlink sent us two free transponder stickers in the mail a la the SunPass transponders. It wasn't clear from the website that they would do this but sure enough, two free stickers arrived in the mail a couple weeks after I signed up. I think between SunPass and RiverLink we've got most of the east tolled stuff covered now.