EZ Pass to be accepted in Florida

It's about time!  We've had an EZ pass forever and it's worked all the way from Maine to ...the Florida border.  Now I can stop worrying if I have enough quarters in the console because I forgot I needed cash when we ventured out of the bubble. 

Central Florida Expressway Authority to Accept E-ZPass

Will be accepted on Metro Orlando toll roads beginning Sept. 1

By Cathleigh Winningham - Producer

ORLANDO, Fla. - There will soon be a new way for millions of drivers to pay tolls on local highways. 

The Central Florida Expressway Authority will soon be the first agency in the state to accept E-ZPass. 

Officials say about 35 million people in 16 states use the system. That includes drivers from North Carolina to Maine, as well as Illinois. 

The Central Florida Expressway Authority says about half of Florida's domestic visitors come from E-ZPass states, and about half of those travel to the state by car. 

The change goes into effect on Sept. 1. 

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/central-florida-expressway-authority-to-accept-e-zpass?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=snd&utm_content=wkmg6

Except the FL Turnpike....

E-ZPass does not capture tolls on roads outside of its network. E-ZPass customers traveling out of network on roads operated by Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise under the SunPass brand will be invoiced for tolls via Florida’s Toll-By-Plate program.

57 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

E-ZPass does not capture tolls on roads outside of its network. E-ZPass customers traveling out of network on roads operated by Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise under the SunPass brand will be invoiced for tolls via Florida’s Toll-By-Plate program.

Or anything else in the state outside of Central FL.  SUNPASS is used on the West coast.

4 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Almost as frustrating as I75, here in GA.  We have a PeachPass, but cannot use the new express lanes south of the city (the road we take, when driving down to the Fort), when towing our rig.  Soooooo frustrating. 

On 8/3/2018 at 11:10 PM, kadancer said:

My dad once thought his EZ Pass worked in FL.  Realizing the his mistake, he taped the quarters to an index card and mailed them in.  Really miss him.

Oh... that's one of the sweetest things, I've ever heard.