• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We will be there October 15-22nd. Planning on hitting Epcot two or  three times. If anyone is at Epcot on the 18th come by the Seas pavilion and watch me, DW, and DD(13) scuba dive in the aquarium. My

It was a wee bit crowded tonight, but still fun. We did 3 parks in 12 hours today. I'm spent, but it was so fun watching a kid experience Disney for the first time. Her eyes were filled with excitemen

I cut it (pun intended) super close, but I just got my 4th Food and Wine visit in this morning, and was able to pick up my cutting board. good thing, too. Today is the last day of the Food

We will be there October 15-22nd. Planning on hitting Epcot two or  three times. If anyone is at Epcot on the 18th come by the Seas pavilion and watch me, DW, and DD(13) scuba dive in the aquarium. My DD just got certified and where better to take her for her first dive 

52 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

We will be there October 15-22nd. Planning on hitting Epcot two or  three times. If anyone is at Epcot on the 18th come by the Seas pavilion and watch me, DW, and DD(13) scuba dive in the aquarium. My DD just got certified and where better to take her for her first dive 

That's awesome. I would like to do that.

4 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

That's cool 

4 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

My DS got certified at 11 (DH is an instructor) and did his first dive in the Living Seas - it was fantastic!  Enjoy.

16 minutes ago, kadancer said:

My DS got certified at 11 (DH is an instructor) and did his first dive in the Living Seas - it was fantastic!  Enjoy.

That’s awesome!   Did y’all dive with him?   Were you able to get pix from the outside?   It’s just going to be the three of us so I’m not sure how we wil get pictures of us.  I might have to call an old cranky ex-bus driver and see if he will be around to take some pix.  Lol.  

I’m sure I will enjoy it as much as she will.  I too am (was) an instructor. My first student was my DW.  I quickly learned that you should never teach your loved ones to scuba. Lol.   I think DD was about 8 the first time she got to breath off of my regulator in our swimming pool.   She also did a resort course in Cozumel before so the class was more of a formality then anything.  But she did say she learned a lot and she really enjoyed the experience. 

My sister and her boyfriend are visiting in November and has asked me to look into Scuba diving in the Bradenton/Sarasota area. She got certified a few months ago. I suggested the Living in the Seas at Epcot as we are taking them to Disney, but I don't think she thought I was serious, or she doesn't consider it a proper diving experience.  

1 hour ago, slices said:

My sister and her boyfriend are visiting in November and has asked me to look into Scuba diving in the Bradenton/Sarasota area. She got certified a few months ago. I suggested the Living in the Seas at Epcot as we are taking them to Disney, but I don't think she thought I was serious, or she doesn't consider it a proper diving experience.  

I haven’t dove the west coast of Florida but I had a friend that did. He went to Venice and dove for shark teeth.   I’ve never heard of any “great” dive sites on the west coast. With the exception of a few wreck dives. But wreck dives are usually not for beginner divers.   

I would recommend going down to key largo and diving John pennekamp Park.  Most dives are 25-35’ and they will see tons of sea life 

1 hour ago, slices said:

At Epcot she will see more species of fish in one place and time then she will probably see else where. 

My oldest son did Dive Quest back in 2004. He LOVED it. We were able to see him in the aquarium during his dive. If they are under 18, a parent or guardian has to be there with them at checkin right outside the park to sign the waiver, then you can enter the park, and if I remember correctly, they were in the tank about 1/2 hour later. We have the video somewhere (or my  son does, we did some purging and giving away during the move).

7 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

That’s awesome!   Did y’all dive with him?   Were you able to get pix from the outside?   It’s just going to be the three of us so I’m not sure how we wil get pictures of us.  I might have to call an old cranky ex-bus driver and see if he will be around to take some pix.  Lol.  

I’m sure I will enjoy it as much as she will.  I too am (was) an instructor. My first student was my DW.  I quickly learned that you should never teach your loved ones to scuba. Lol.   I think DD was about 8 the first time she got to breath off of my regulator in our swimming pool.   She also did a resort course in Cozumel before so the class was more of a formality then anything.  But she did say she learned a lot and she really enjoyed the experience. 

We did dive with him - it was my first dive too.  Since we were in the tank, we don't have pictures.  We did buy the video and it was really worth it.  When I look at it now, he seems so small.  Hope you will report on your experience.

3 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

No staying with with the in-laws at Hamlin Cove.

Doesn't look too far away, you'll be saving a bunch of $$$ on housing.  Of course now feeding two extra mouths...

We are staying at a Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake Resort, a  resort/time share type of place corner of 192 and 429.  We stayed there one other time, real nice units.  Just a ways to have to go to the parks, though it's close to AK.

I was thinking of booking Art of Animation as the have the FL resident rate  on, but manged to get a campsite at the last minute so booked that instead.  No extended family this time so I'm quite  looking forward to it. First time doing food and wine as well.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Doesn't look too far away, you'll be saving a bunch of $$$ on housing.  Of course now feeding two extra mouths...

We are staying at a Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake Resort, a  resort/time share type of place corner of 192 and 429.  We stayed there one other time, real nice units.  Just a ways to have to go to the parks, though it's close to AK.

Yeah it is not far. I can be at AK in 15 min....MK under 10. You can see the tops of the fireworks from their house. I much prefer to camp, but for short trips it is quick and free.

15 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Yeah it is not far. I can be at AK in 15 min....MK under 10. You can see the tops of the fireworks from their house. I much prefer to camp, but for short trips it is quick and free.

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's worth camping even for a long weekend, with the check in and check out times, and the time to set up the PUP, tent, screen room, etc.

53 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's worth camping even for a long weekend, with the check in and check out times, and the time to set up the PUP, tent, screen room, etc.

I keep going back and forth on this, and the setup time really concerns me. I used to go camping for a two day weekend but back then it was just the one tent.  Now looking at the price difference between 2 nights in a family suite at AoA or a tent site for 3 nights. I'm still leaning towards keeping the tent site I originally booked.  Even with three nights v two in the hotel that's still a big difference in price, not bringing the grill or any kitchen things this time though so should hopefully cut down the time a bit.