54 minutes ago, slices said:

I keep going back and forth on this, and the setup time really concerns me. I used to go camping for a two day weekend but back then it was just the one tent.  Now looking at the price difference between 2 nights in a family suite at AoA or a tent site for 3 nights. I'm still leaning towards keeping the tent site I originally booked.  Even with three nights v two in the hotel that's still a big difference in price, not bringing the grill or any kitchen things this time though so should hopefully cut down the time a bit.

Last time we went  ( 2 years ago) was 4th of July for a week.

It was 6 of us the whole time and 2 that just came for 1 or 2 nights, plus a few day visitors.

It was a tent, PUP, screen room, grill/kitchen set up, plus 3 coolers, assorted chairs, clothes line, etc.

Setup took a couple of hours which wasn't too bad for the time we were there.

I just wish we still had our old van that we had converted into a semi camper.  We had a pull out bed, table, place to store everything.  Of course it was just the two of us and it was 1977, so I don't think the van would be in too good of shape now... 😊 

All we had to do was park and run a power cord to the closest outlet.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We will be there October 15-22nd. Planning on hitting Epcot two or  three times. If anyone is at Epcot on the 18th come by the Seas pavilion and watch me, DW, and DD(13) scuba dive in the aquarium. My

It was a wee bit crowded tonight, but still fun. We did 3 parks in 12 hours today. I'm spent, but it was so fun watching a kid experience Disney for the first time. Her eyes were filled with excitemen

I cut it (pun intended) super close, but I just got my 4th Food and Wine visit in this morning, and was able to pick up my cutting board. good thing, too. Today is the last day of the Food

Yes no doubt that actually owning some kind of camper I could just drive up, park and plug in would be a lot easier. I think part of it for me is that from my point of view, if I spend more to stay in a hotel now purely because I don't own a camper, that is money I could put towards a camper.  Still this July 4th, I had two tents, two A/Cs, the EZ up, grill  etc. It took at about three hours to get it all up. I'm hoping that with not taking the second tent etc it will go a lot quicker, since we won't be getting there until 8pm on the Friday.

14 hours ago, shoreline99 said:

..... but during the week ( it's a mess on the weekends, live and learn...).....

Yeah, honestly I know it will be a $h!tshow this weekend, but it was now or nothing with our schedules. Plus we are taking my youngest daughter's best friend. She just lost her dad, so we wanted to do something nice for her to help lift her spirits. So this trip we will be hitting it hard and show her everything. Usually we are jaded AP holders who don't wait in line much and just bounce around.

"Yeah, honestly I know it will be a $h!tshow this weekend, but it was now or nothing with our schedules. Plus we are taking my youngest daughter's best friend. She just lost her dad, so we wanted to do something nice for her to help lift her spirits. So this trip we will be hitting it hard and show her everything. Usually we are jaded AP holders who don't wait in line much and just bounce around."

This is a very nice thing to do.  

On 8/27/2018 at 6:09 AM, ImDownWithDisney said:

Yeah, honestly I know it will be a $h!tshow this weekend, but it was now or nothing with our schedules. Plus we are taking my youngest daughter's best friend. She just lost her dad, so we wanted to do something nice for her to help lift her spirits. So this trip we will be hitting it hard and show her everything. Usually we are jaded AP holders who don't wait in line much and just bounce around.

My condolences to your daughter's friend. Please let her know that I am praying for her and her family. 

On 9/1/2018 at 8:32 PM, ImDownWithDisney said:

It was a wee bit crowded tonight, but still fun. We did 3 parks in 12 hours today. I'm spent, but it was so fun watching a kid experience Disney for the first time. Her eyes were filled with excitement all day. 

Sounds fun.

12 hours ago, shoreline99 said:

Don’t go on Friday or Saturday nights. Not sure how bad Sunday night would be either. Weekends the festival is packed. 

That's about what we figured but if we go  we will try early evening before the chaos begins!!!!!!

On 9/3/2018 at 6:24 AM, dblr....Rennie said:

We arrive this Wed for 5 nights hope we pick a night the crowds are not real bad.

Most weeknights aren't too bad.  Last year we went over on a Tuesday night after work and it was really nice.

This past weekend was busy at times.  My 2 daughters ran over late Saturday afternoon and said it wasn't bad.

We all went Sunday and they said the lines were a lot longer compared to the night before.  Of course there was congestion around Mexico as usual, and this time it was pretty crowded from Canada to the bridge between Great Britain and France.

We got to the parking lot entrance around 10 and traffic was backed up.  We waited about 20 minutes to get thru the toll booth.

I was there Sunday from a little after 9 until around 6 some lines were longer than others. The the line for Ireland being the longest, you know it's bad when you get welcomed to the front of the line.  They also ran out of Baileys! Their sausages and mash were good though.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I’m really looking forward to going to my first F & W. I will be going solo Monday night the 15th and Tuesday night the 16th. And then again on Thursday with DD and DW.

Any tips?

must sees?,

must eat?

must dos?

Well week nights should be less crowded and give you a better chance to relax and enjoy yourself.

My daughters liked the Greek nachos.