• 1 month later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We will be there October 15-22nd. Planning on hitting Epcot two or  three times. If anyone is at Epcot on the 18th come by the Seas pavilion and watch me, DW, and DD(13) scuba dive in the aquarium. My

It was a wee bit crowded tonight, but still fun. We did 3 parks in 12 hours today. I'm spent, but it was so fun watching a kid experience Disney for the first time. Her eyes were filled with excitemen

I cut it (pun intended) super close, but I just got my 4th Food and Wine visit in this morning, and was able to pick up my cutting board. good thing, too. Today is the last day of the Food

I didn't get to go this year for well, reasons, but I just traded with this awesome gal for an annual passholder magnet for Food and Wine.  She didn't have the black and white passholder magnet and she had an extra.  I somehow feel vindicated.  Now, I will go and fetch the new Goofy holiday one over Thanksgiving week.  Those are super cool.  My fridge needs all the magnets, lol.

See, I originally (and stupidly) thought that you got the cutting board when you visited for being a passholder, but noooooooo

Then I saw you had to go F  O  U   R  times before they handed it out.  Golly Gee.

Teachers don't have that kind of time!

Just now, AuburnJen said:

See, I originally (and stupidly) thought that you got the cutting board when you visited for being a passholder, but noooooooo

Then I saw you had to go F  O  U   R  times before they handed it out.  Golly Gee.

Teachers don't have that kind of time!

9 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I cut it (pun intended) super close, but I just got my 4th Food and Wine visit in this morning, and was able to pick up my cutting board.

IMG_3615_zpsudxsjjdx.jpg

good thing, too. Today is the last day of the Food and Wine Festival 

TCD

#DefinitelyWorthIt 

Excellent 

Dumb question, but has any of the EPCOT food festivals ever offered a special  lanyard you purchase for a set price then you get so many items and they use a punch to keep track of how many you have left?

Just did that at the SeaWorld Beer Festival.  Got a lanyard for $40 minus a 10% AP discount that allowed me to get any 8 items, food or beer.  They had a 12 item one for $54.

Most of their food seemed a little pricier ($5 to $8) than EPCOT, but the servings were a lot larger.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Dumb question, but has any of the EPCOT food festivals ever offered a special  lanyard you purchase for a set price then you get so many items and they use a punch to keep track of how many you have left?

Just did that at the SeaWorld Beer Festival.  Got a lanyard for $40 minus a 10% AP discount that allowed me to get any 8 items, food or beer.  They had a 12 item one for $54.

Most of their food seemed a little pricier ($5 to $8) than EPCOT, but the servings were a lot larger.

Not a punch card, but there was a "deal" where they sold a lanyard with a card with break-off tabs that could be turned in for items at the booths. It was like the dining plan- there was a small potential for "savings" if you only used the tabs for the most expensive item at each booth. 

That "deal" was easier to see through than the dining plan, so it wasn't around long. 

TCD

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Not a punch card, but there was a "deal" where they sold a lanyard with a card with break-off tabs that could be turned in for items at the booths. It was like the dining plan- there was a small potential for "savings" if you only used the tabs for the most expensive item at each booth. 

That "deal" was easier to see through than the dining plan, so it wasn't around long. 

TCD

Thanks.  I kind of remembered hearing about something like that way back when, but wasn't sure since we never purchase much at F&W.

Guess Disney must've been losing $$ so they discontinued it.

After we left SeaWorld I remembered reading about the punch card where they said you were better off using it for food ( got more bang for your buck)and purchasing the souvenir glass and refills separately.  I ended up sharing my punches with the rest of the family.

I did luck out on one item. 

They had beer floats (don't knock it until you try it) that were $13 for a full sized one. 

I figured they had mini ones since I saw a bunch of small goblets stacked up.

Worker told me I couldn't use my punch card since they were only full sized and it was written in small letters on the description sign at the booth.  I said it didn't say that in the brochure.  She ended up taking my card and said they put them in a bad situation because of that.

The drinks at F&W have been getting smaller and more expensive for a while now.  Other than the occasional beer or cider flight, we tend to skip them and just go for the regular sized/priced drinks. 

Back in the good ol' days (ok, not that ol') they used to offer 3 sizes of beers - 4oz tasting, regular 8oz, and then the 11oz in the commemorative plastic stein.  The last one was a decent deal by Disney prices when you figure you took something home with you.  Needless to say we have cupboard full of those cups in the camper from a few years' trips (and we've given some away - LOL).