Haven’t been to Ft Wilderness in many years, so this may seem like a dumb question. My husband will be at the cabin all day as he cannot do the parks. We will have a car there so can he just drive us up to the closest loop to the settlement and leave us off to walk in?  I am trying to avoid the buses as much as possible and as much as I would love it, cost of golf cart is too much. 

Yes, there is a 3-way stop where the sidewalk to the Settlement begins. He could drive up there, ya'll hop out at the 3-way stop, then he could turn at the stop sign and head back to the cabins. The safest way would be to go right at the four-way stop towards 1600-1900 loops, curve around past 100-300 loops, then ya'll could hop out on the right straight to the sidewalk, then he could turn left, straight down the center road, then straight at the 4-way back to the cabins.

4 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

If I have to drop off or pick someone up at the Settlement, I drive into the 100 loop and let them out at the walkway adjacent to site 114-  that way I won't be blocking traffic at the stop signs described by Carol- it's very busy there. 

TCD

That's a really good idea.

For MK, he could take you to the drop off/pick up area at the TTC, or drive you to the Contemporary and you could walk over or catch the Monorail.

The drop off at the Contemporary would save you a lot of time, unless your heart is set on a boat ride. 

He would have to drive a little bit more than staying in the Fort.  But that would be a good time for him to keep going and do a re-supply run.

4 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I am full of good ideas.

i hope it wasn't a mistake to share this one, as it wouldn't be so great for those camped on the 100 loop if too many guests did this. 

TCD 

I thought that to.