Not sure if this has already been brought up. So I figured I would bring it up. 

I have participated in the July 4th parade before and Halloween one. When I say participate basically I mean as the last cart passed I jumped on my cart and followed. I followed because most of the time the carts separate off and start looping in a big line. It seems fun and I’ve met a few fiends this way. Most nights and mornings I go looping. In the morning I actually rise early while the family sleeps in. Go to trails, grab a cup of coffee. I usually have some things I want to check out that I have seen on past trip reports. Then loop some. Grab another cup at the meadows and walk around. At night I typically kid the family up and loop and then end at the light show. Or if we were at a park go to the light show and then loop. Which brings me to my idea

While surfing the sections tonight I started thinking about our upcoming trip. The days always have a different schedule and we don’t always do the same thing. One guaranteed thing we do every day is loop. I usually see other looping at the same time and they usually end up at the parade. Or follow us out and we see them start looping. So would it be a fun unofficial thing to do to say if you want to loop meet at let’s say the dog park every night at 9pm.  Some nights you might be the only cart, but on weekends and holidays you might end up having a few carts. It’s a place that if you pulled up you know what the other carts are most likely there for. There not picking up food at trials end or watching g the movie. You can start looping with maybe some short interaction. Start with the 300 loop then on to the 100/200 loop cross over to 400 then 500- 1400-1500-16-17-18-19 loop down to the 4 way and on. End up at the light parade golf cart parking for the parade. Then you might have the opportunity to chat some more and check each other’s carts out. Let the kids play on the beach and more. And of course head to the 3000 loop for some kungaloosh at the hospitaly house. Lol. 

Of course the morning one is also an option, but probably more unrealistic. But the mornings usually are awesome for exploring. Most of the time I might bump into another father over by the bat house or back by the river country fence trying to peak through. We usually chat it up a little. Most are either doing the same thing I am. Letting the family sleep in or letting them all get there showers. 

Just some ideas. I figure just a meeting place doesn’t make anything binding. Like meet here this day at whatever time. But just an informal way to create additional meeting opportunities. What’s everyone think. 

5 hours ago, shaffecv said:

Sounds like a pretty fun activity. Though we usually aren't back at the Fort by 9. We would try to make at least one cruise when we are there.

A morning "coffee cruise' would work for me since I usually do that anyway while waiting for my wife and or kids to wake up and get ready.

Lol. See it’s always the dads wandering around while the families get ready. 

This sounds fun!!  We're in the camp of looping every day too, although for us it's usually in the evening...ok, sometimes really late evening.  ;)

But hey, for you night owls out there, a nighttime looping tour ending to the cabin pool might be an option.  There's hardly ever anyone in that pool later in the evening and even though the sign says it technically "closes" at midnight, if you're not raising a ruckus no one bothers you if you stay later.