Changes at Artist Point - Character meal coming?

So, take this with a grain of salt, but the rumor (as tweeted by Len Testa) is that after AP closes in October for a scheduled refurb, it will reopen as a character meal with Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, initially for dinner but expected to expand to lunch and breakfast. This popped up over the weekend and was the source of quite a bit of chatter on other boards that shall not be named and the distwitter/disfacebook news sites. If true, this will absolutely SMB as it's one of our favorite restaurants...

Original link from wdwinfo:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/artist-point-rumored-to-become-a-snow-white-and-the-seven-dwarfs-character-dinner/

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This jaded/veteran visitor wouldn't use it. As convenient as it is, I hate it when they route you backstage to empty out a park. When I'm at WDW I prefer wall-to-wall, 24/7 magic... even if that means

It is only for breakfast.  Dinner stays as is.  The refurb is required because the kitchen is suitable for the dining pace of dinner, but would be tough to keep up with the demands of a character brea

Ugh. We love Territory Lounge - great place to watch a Monday Night Football game or just swing by and order up a bunch of appetizers for dinner. Although I must say that last trip we spent

At one point they had a breakfast with Pocohantas.  I find it hard to believe that they would do something to this at one of their critically acclaimed restaurants.  Would be like changing the California Grill to a character buffet....

8 minutes ago, kadancer said:

At one point they had a breakfast with Pocohantas.  I find it hard to believe that they would do something to this at one of their critically acclaimed restaurants.  Would be like changing the California Grill to a character buffet....

Yes, I remember the breakfast with Pocahontas, and I could see them adding in some sort of breakfast meal there. However, I too find it hard to believe they would drastically alter the restaurant and create another cookie cutter meal serving chicken nuggets or a buffet. Not to mention that those characters don't go at all with the theming of the resort. But, as I said, take it with a grain of salt.

Since AP is only open for dinner, I can see them doing something like this for breakfast/lunch - why not use the space if it's available?

I can't imagine them turning one of their top signature dining dinner locations into a character meal though.

1 hour ago, shoreline99 said:

... those characters don't go at all with the theming of the resort. But, as I said, take it with a grain of salt.

Ah but with the new DVC area with the train/mine cars, I could see them making the stretch to "hey, dwarves work in a mine!"

And don’t they live in the woods? That’s enough of a connection for them 😂

having it for breakfast and lunch would be awesome, I’m all for a 7 dwarves meal but it doesn’t seem logical to get rid of the dinner there since it’s a nicer place that I’m sure is popular with the kid less crowd.

It is only for breakfast.  Dinner stays as is.  The refurb is required because the kitchen is suitable for the dining pace of dinner, but would be tough to keep up with the demands of a character breakfast.  They do not want to mess with a signature dining restaurant for dinner.  The reason this is happening is because they identified Artist Point as a space that is underutilized because it is closed except for dinner, and it is one of the few higher end resorts without a character meal.

20 minutes ago, PghBob said:

IMO, the characters would be better if they were Pocohantas and/or Chip & Dale which would better fit the "Wilderness" theme. They could also consider the bears from Country Bears or Brother Bear.  Keep Snow White in her Castle. 

How about Musket Mickey?  Or should I say tree limb walking stick Mickey! 😀

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/08/storybook-dining-at-artist-point-debuts-this-winter-at-disneys-wilderness-lodge/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DisneyParks+(Disney+Parks+Blog)

Storybook Dining at Artist Point Debuts This Winter at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Shawn Slater

by Shawn Slater, Senior Communications Manager, Disney Parks Live Entertainment

Magic mirror on the wall, what is the fairest character dining of all?

This winter, it will most certainly be the all-new character dining experience opening at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge!

Storybook Dining at Artist Point will invite guests to venture into an Enchanted Forest-like setting inspired by Walt Disney’s “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.” There, you’ll enjoy a delicious meal of fantastic fare with visits from Snow White, Dopey and Grumpy. Delightful music and activities will help bring the classic fairytale to life, and you’ll even have an opportunity for an encounter with The Queen.

This immersive character dinner takes place amidst the rustic elegance and exceptional dining that Artist Point is known for. You’ll enjoy a uniquely themed prix fixe menu, including shared starters, a choice of individual plated entrees and ‘sweet spells’ to finish the meal.

My counterparts from our Food & Beverage team will have more to share soon. Keep checking Disney Parks Blog for additional details as they become available, including menu offerings, an opening date and when you can book reservations, as well as where you might be able to find select fan-favorite Artist Point menu items in the future.

Storybook Dining at Artist Point with Snow White is slated to begin this winter.

Based upon availability in the Disney Dining ADR system, this change may happen after November 10.  That is the last evening that reservations are available. 

When the rumors began a few days ago, I had checked availability in the system for breakfast ADR's (there was nothing showing of course), and I thought I'd seen that dinner ADR's into the winter were available.  I wonder what the plan is re: existing reservations holders, if the shift to character dining occurs within the time that people hold ADR's, which it presumably will.  Give them the opportunity to have their romantic date night at WDW with Dopey, and a prix fixe menu of more expensive but less desirable food?  I'm sorry, but "Signature Dining" and "Dopey" are mutually exclusive concepts IMO.  I suppose maybe they'll drop the Signature designation of the restaurant, but to me that is a selling feature of a Deluxe resort that is somewhat remote compared to others (not on monorail or in Epcot area).   

Not to mention, the apple munching bimbo would make me lose my appetite anyways.  

2 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Based upon availability in the Disney Dining ADR system, this change may happen after November 10.  That is the last evening that reservations are available. 

When the rumors began a few days ago, I had checked availability in the system for breakfast ADR's (there was nothing showing of course), and I thought I'd seen that dinner ADR's into the winter were available.  I wonder what the plan is re: existing reservations holders, if the shift to character dining occurs within the time that people hold ADR's, which it presumably will.  Give them the opportunity to have their romantic date night at WDW with Dopey, and a prix fixe menu of more expensive but less desirable food?  I'm sorry, but "Signature Dining" and "Dopey" are mutually exclusive concepts IMO.  

Not to mention, the apple munching bimbo would make me lose my appetite anyways.  

I’m showing availability to February 26th

9 minutes ago, Travisma said:

And it said where you  might  be able to find artist point fare in the future

3 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

That would be interesting. Maybe the elegant fine dining atmosphere of Whispering Canyon.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't build in another full serve restaurant when the built the new DVC.  Like they have at Kidani Village.  A small, intimate, higher end place.