Jump to content
shoreline99

Changes at Artist Point - Character meal coming?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

Am I the only person that never ate at Artist Point?  We always intended to try it but never found the time, we did enjoy Territory Lounge though.

On another note, they just converted half of WL to DVC, then refurbed the concierge lounge, and then temporary stopped the antics at Whispering Canyon saying they wanted to make the Lodge feel more like a high end deluxe resort...now the silliness is back and they are adding dwarfs?  Odd.

WBI

We actually have never eaten there either.  My personal concern with this is the impact to Territory Lounge, as we did enjoy that.  I've made AP reservations over the years for a date night, but we always ended up canceling, primarily as the menu didn't really appeal to us, and we are more "drinks and appetizers" people rather than sit down meal/bottle of wine people.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

On another note, they just converted half of WL to DVC, then refurbed the concierge lounge, and then temporary stopped the antics at Whispering Canyon saying they wanted to make the Lodge feel more like a high end deluxe resort...now the silliness is back and they are adding dwarfs?

This exactly!  Nothing says "deluxe" like a dwarf named Dopey flooping around your dinner table while you try to enjoy your $50 entree.  😎

3 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

...we are more "drinks and appetizers" people rather than sit down meal/bottle of wine people.   

Ditto.  Only time we ever ate at Artist Point was back in the days when the dining plan included the appetizer and gratuity.

But we have enjoyed Territory Lounge a bunch over the years and this is probably going to pack it full of people hanging around waiting for their photo ops. (sigh)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, shoreline99 said:

Hmmm, nope.

That is interesting.  Her comment was pretty early on; so I wonder if they've hit their limit on negative comments. Hopefully, they are taking note.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2018 at 10:13 AM, DaveInTN said:

We actually have never eaten there either.  My personal concern with this is the impact to Territory Lounge, as we did enjoy that.  I've made AP reservations over the years for a date night, but we always ended up canceling, primarily as the menu didn't really appeal to us, and we are more "drinks and appetizers" people rather than sit down meal/bottle of wine people.   

 

On 9/5/2018 at 1:24 PM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

This exactly!  Nothing says "deluxe" like a dwarf named Dopey flooping around your dinner table while you try to enjoy your $50 entree.  😎

Ditto.  Only time we ever ate at Artist Point was back in the days when the dining plan included the appetizer and gratuity.

But we have enjoyed Territory Lounge a bunch over the years and this is probably going to pack it full of people hanging around waiting for their photo ops. (sigh)

We really like the Territory Lounge as well for a quick bite and drink. I don't see how the change won't have an impact on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×