Changes at Artist Point - Character meal coming?

18 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Seeing that back stage area was kind of cool.  Once.   I’ve got my routine when leaving Epcot and it involves a stop at the men’s room next to SE before getting on the bus. 😂 

Agree with all this... well, except I use the ladies room.  ;)

17 hours ago, Travisma said:

I'm talking about another entrance at the backside of the park, like out behind Fantasyland and a parking lot back there.

Hmm... as long as they theme it and I'm not looking at dumpsters, I'm ok with that.

12 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Is there any other way

Not for us!  We aren't rope drop people and so usually pick a park for the day based on what's open the latest.  Our favorite spot to hang out at park close is the little side street off Main St in MK near the Pandora store.  There are tables and chairs down there that are usually pretty empty and it's a good place to put your feet up and watch the crowds go by - preferably with some ice cream or a big fancy Starbucks drink (don't tell Dave).

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This jaded/veteran visitor wouldn't use it. As convenient as it is, I hate it when they route you backstage to empty out a park. When I'm at WDW I prefer wall-to-wall, 24/7 magic... even if that means

It is only for breakfast.  Dinner stays as is.  The refurb is required because the kitchen is suitable for the dining pace of dinner, but would be tough to keep up with the demands of a character brea

Ugh. We love Territory Lounge - great place to watch a Monday Night Football game or just swing by and order up a bunch of appetizers for dinner. Although I must say that last trip we spent

On 12/13/2018 at 7:58 AM, Travisma said:

And they definitely need to expand the park footprints.

They'll just cram more people in until the parks are  just as crowded as today which will make getting in and out even worse than already is. I think building additional parks spread out would be better even if they end up with two MK's or Epcots. 

Expanding the footprint of anything seriously kills the ROI. Huge capital investments, increased staff, more taxes on newly created assets...Disney isn't dumb. Heck most of us would make the same decisions if we were in control of it...and our future employment depended on our results. They will milk the current infrastructure to the tipping point then build more stuff.

1 hour ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Expanding the footprint of anything seriously kills the ROI. Huge capital investments, increased staff, more taxes on newly created assets...Disney isn't dumb. Heck most of us would make the same decisions if we were in control of it...and our future employment depended on our results. They will milk the current infrastructure to the tipping point then build more stuff.

A bigger footprint with new attractions, increases capacity, which allows for more people into the park each day.  It brings in new and existing customers. That will spend more time in the park and the more time they spend in the park the more money they will spend. 

We own a propety management company and rental properties.   I can remodel a house and increase the rent slightly but if I really want to increase my monthly income, and increase my bottom line, I buy another house (increase my footprint).   As long as I can get the same ROI on the new property, as I get on my existing properties, it does not change my ROI.  

IMHO. Disney doesn’t want to make the capital investment in building new areas and attractions because it’s cheaper to remodel/reuse existing attractions.   They know it will bring people in now and make a quick buck. But, IMHO that is short term thinking.  Just like me remodeling a house and not spending the money on a new house.   I remodel old homes and buy new homes and Disney needs to do both remodels and new attractions as well. 

42 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

A bigger footprint with new attractions, increases capacity, which allows for more people into the park each day.  It brings in new and existing customers. That will spend more time in the park and the more time they spend in the park the more money they will spend. 

We own a propety management company and rental properties.   I can remodel a house and increase the rent slightly but if I really want to increase my monthly income, and increase my bottom line, I buy another house (increase my footprint).   As long as I can get the same ROI on the new property, as I get on my existing properties, it does not change my ROI.  

IMHO. Disney doesn’t want to make the capital investment in building new areas and attractions because it’s cheaper to remodel/reuse existing attractions.   They know it will bring people in now and make a quick buck. But, IMHO that is short term thinking.  Just like me remodeling a house and not spending the money on a new house.   I remodel old homes and buy new homes and Disney needs to do both remodels and new attractions as well. 

I agree with you that Disney wants to invest the least capital for the quickest gain. They probably don't want to get into a situation like when AK opened or they stopped construction on Art of Animation either.

Disney can do what you can't, though. They are essentially fancying up the house a bit, moving more people in with the existing tenants, and raising the rent for everyone there. They don't need to buy another house at the moment. If the economy stays strong I hope they will.

To answer the questions about Artist Point, it was one of the less popular signature restaurants. There were almost always reservations available. We love Territory Lounge, but never ate at Artist Point because of the menu. We had actually planned to do a date night there this trip. 

We were at Wilderness Lodge last night and the line for this was pretty long.  Someone my daughter knows had dinner there last night and she did not like it at all.  There were several reasons:

1) They rush you through the meal.  For example, the appetizers were served to the table, not to the individuals.  That was fine, but they come quickly with the entrees and take away the appetizers whether you are finished with them or not. 

2) They squeezed table near the meet and greet area for the Evil Queen, which made it crowded and strange.  In addition, from the pictures I saw, the Evil Queen backdrop looks like something from a high school play.

3) At some point, the trees start blinking and very loud music starts playing while Grumpy and Dopey as well as some cast members come out and start dancing around the tables. 

4) The "Hunters Gift to the Queen" dessert was disgusting in that it was a box with a heart in it.

She was not happy at all, and she went in with high expectations.

31 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

We were at Wilderness Lodge last night and the line for this was pretty long.  Someone my daughter knows had dinner there last night and she did not like it at all.  There were several reasons:

1) They rush you through the meal.  For example, the appetizers were served to the table, not to the individuals.  That was fine, but they come quickly with the entrees and take away the appetizers whether you are finished with them or not. 

2) They squeezed table near the meet and greet area for the Evil Queen, which made it crowded and strange.  In addition, from the pictures I saw, the Evil Queen backdrop looks like something from a high school play.

3) At some point, the trees start blinking and very loud music starts playing while Grumpy and Dopey as well as some cast members come out and start dancing around the tables. 

4) The "Hunters Gift to the Queen" dessert was disgusting in that it was a box with a heart in it.

She was not happy at all, and she went in with high expectations.

DFB review with lots of pics - http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/12/17/review-new-storybook-dining-at-artist-point-with-snow-white-in-disney-worlds-wilderness-lodge/?fbclid=IwAR2z2nop61bgrPleF23wEWLc8imNBKWyVapM0yHqOZNrN0Bz6T-JQ1xBY8w

Keep in mind that DFB reviews are rarely super critical.

Have to say it looks and sounds pretty spiffy as character dining goes. Although what your daughter's friend experienced sounds less than magical.

I don't care for the menu selections at all, especially for $55 a person.  I also don't like the shared appetizers and desserts.  Last night, my wife and I walked down the hallway at Wilderness Lodge where you used to be able to look down into Artist Point.  Now they have a covering over the window so you can't look.

When we walked by last night, it was definitely noisy in there (the music was playing).  That alone tells me this is not Artist Point with some characters.  It is just another character meal.

No matter what, I can't for the life of me understand what they were thinking when they came up with the idea of offering a heart in a box for dessert!  I know it is part of the story, but it is not a major turning point and why use that for a food item?

There were other people leaving as we were walking by and their comments were not very positive although they thought the food wasn't too bad.

I think they blew it when they went cheap and kept the Arts and Crafts style lighting and furniture. It would have been better if they had gone to lighting more befitting the era Snow White takes place in. The only reason I can think of not going all the way, other than being cheap, is they don't expect to keep it a character setting for very long.

5 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Best info in that was that the bisque is still available at Territory Lounge

18 hours ago, djsamuel said:

I don't care for the menu selections at all, especially for $55 a person.  I also don't like the shared appetizers and desserts.  Last night, my wife and I walked down the hallway at Wilderness Lodge where you used to be able to look down into Artist Point.  Now they have a covering over the window so you can't look.

When we walked by last night, it was definitely noisy in there (the music was playing).  That alone tells me this is not Artist Point with some characters.  It is just another character meal.

No matter what, I can't for the life of me understand what they were thinking when they came up with the idea of offering a heart in a box for dessert!  I know it is part of the story, but it is not a major turning point and why use that for a food item?

There were other people leaving as we were walking by and their comments were not very positive although they thought the food wasn't too bad.

At least it's not a beating heart.....

14 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

They actually re-themed it for DIT.....:ROFLMAO-1:

12 hours ago, Beckers said:

You know that’s why he hasn’t chimed in right? He was first in line opening night 😂

You guys leave DIT and his ex-girlfriend alone.  He’s still heartbroken about the break up. But I’m happy to report he’s found a new love De-Vine

• 2 weeks later...

We went, and I actually really liked it. The food was way better than most character meals. The character interaction was great   . I didn’t feel rushed at all, and the apps stayed until dessert.

I think this and Trattoria al Forno are a huge step up food and detail wise vs the other character meals. There’s also a photopass photographer when the queen. 

Not sure if my pics will work this way.