Hoop De Doo closing?

Part of the rumor article mentioned about shutting it down due to the impending construction of the new mystery resort.

Wonder if it'll be closed because of safety issues, they are tearing down the settlement buildings, or it will be moved to the new resort area?

Or its just a good attention grabbing headline to get people clicking on their site and not offering any real information in the article itself.

15 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Part of the rumor article mentioned about shutting it down due to the impending construction of the new mystery resort.

Wonder if it'll be closed because of safety issues, they are tearing down the settlement buildings, or it will be moved to the new resort area?

Or its just a good attention grabbing headline to get people clicking on their site and not offering any real information in the article itself.

Could be any one of the three.  If I had to guess I would think it is a temporary closure due to construction and the inability to handle larger amounts of people.  I also wonder if the settlement bus depot would be temporarily relocated as well to near the 100/200 and 400 loops to move it away from the construction and near the walkway.

5 minutes ago, Beckers said:

Or attendance was down and Disney started the rumor to spike attendance 😂

I doubt attendance was down, pretty hard to get reservations.

I did see an article that Disney, Universal, other theme parks, now make a big deal about attractions going away with advanced notice, special $$ parties, exclusive merchandise,  special times for passholders to ride.  Another way of getting some extra $$$ in their coffers.

A certain page that started all this retracted it last night with a statement. 

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/hoop-de-doo-musical-revue-will-not-be-closing/

On August 29th, we at The DIS published an article speculating on the possible closure of the long-running show at the Walt Disney World Resort’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, the Hoop-De-Doo Musical Revue. Disney has informed us that Hoop-De-Doo performances will continue to run, and there are no plans for cancellation.

Our speculation was based on sources we believed to be familiar with the matter. It is never our intent to add unfounded rumors to the Disney community or to mislead our readers, so the article has been removed from the site. We will continue to provide the most accurate information available to us, and work to maintain the high standards of Disney news coverage that our readers have come to expect.

•