Disney After Hours returning to Magic Kingdom this winter

From Orlando Theme Park News...

Magic Kingdom Park to Host Popular "Disney After Hours" Event This Winter

21 MINS AGO 
1 MINUTE
READ
The Walt Disney World Resort recently announced that the popular Disney After Hours event will return to the Magic Kingdom Park in December 2018, and January, February, and March 2019. Here you are additional information:

i-MGFTNwx-XL.jpg

Dates and Times:
  • December 3, 10, 2018: 10 p.m. – 1 .am.
  • January 7, 17, 24, 28, February 7, 28, 2019: 8 p.m. – 11 p.m.
  • February 14, March 7, 2019: 9 p.m. – 12 a.m.
Pricing:
  • Guest Ages 10+: $129.00 + tax (Advance Sales: $125.00 + tax )
  • Guest Ages 3-9: $129.00 + tax (Advance Sales: $125.00 + tax )

DVC Member Offer
DVC Members may purchase discounted tickets ($95.00 + tax) for themselves and up to seven (7) Guests via Disney Vacation Club Member Services by calling 800-800-9800. A valid Disney Vacation Club Member ID must be shown at the time of ticket pick-up.

Annual Passholder Offer 
Specially priced tickets ($95.00 + tax) are available to Passholders with the following Annual Passes: Premier Passport, Platinum Plus Pass, Platinum Pass, Theme Park Select Pass, Gold Pass, Silver Pass, Weekday Select or Epcot After 4 Annual Pass.

Passholders may purchase discounted tickets for themselves and up to three (3) Guests via the Disney Reservation Center by calling 407-560-PASS and via DisneyWorld.com/Passholder. A valid Annual Pass must be shown at the time of ticket pick-up.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2018/09/magic-kingdom-park-to-host-popular.html

16 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Nope, not paying extra, and by the way, what happened to the 24 hours of Disney?

This is better than 24 hours of Disney.  For those events, they had to pay CM's to staff the park for 24 hours, but only charged guests a 1 day ticket.  Now, they charge guests essentially 2 days worth of ticket cost, but only have to staff the park an extra 3 hours.  Brilliant!  

10 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

This is better for Disney than 24 hours of Disney.  For those events, they had to pay CM's to staff the park for 24 hours, but only charged guests a 1 day ticket.  Now, they charge guests essentially 2 days worth of ticket cost, but only have to staff the park an extra 3 hours.  Brilliant!  

Fixed it.  ^^^^

Plus I suspect a big chunk of attendees to the 24 hour events were AP holders, so Disney wasn't even getting that 1 ticket's worth of entrance fee in many cases.

...well except for those knuckleheads that drove 20 hours to attend, but even some of those weirdos had APs.  😎

This will probably be one of the interview questions for the new Moms Panel applicants to see how much they can gush over how great a deal this is for passholders and general guests alike!!!

So you have to pay $130 for 3 hours use of the park, gee what a bargain..... and Passholders get to purchase 3 guest passes, but DVC gets 7.

Just goes to show you that Disney now rates Passholders as second class citizens....

Just to chime in on this we did After Hours last month and paid out of pocket for it. I would pay for it again in a heart beat. We walked onto every ride in the Magic Kingdom and soem we walked on to multiple times in a row. Had my fill of Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bars and bottled soda as well. 

It goes down as one of the most awesome nights we have had in the Magic Kingdom. 

Just now, DaveInTN said:

Oh wow, you just changed the equation for me.  That's a LOT cheaper than a Disney Cruise, and I've considered booking another one just for the Mickey Bars.  

haha. we filled out backpacks with sodas to before leaving. Not much I agree but I was getting everything I could. Silvia had a ton of popcorn. 

55 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

haha. we filled out backpacks with sodas to before leaving. Not much I agree but I was getting everything I could. Silvia had a ton of popcorn. 

As indicated by the extensive wear and tear on our refillable popcorn bucket from last fall, I'm pretty sure I could eat $95 worth of popcorn.  LOL

There aren't too many "Disney foods" I actually crave, but that flippin' popcorn... there were days we'd fill the bucket on the way OUT of a park just to have some for later.

Oh and popcorn for dinner?  Totally a thing.

I don't like carrying stuff in the parks (hence the terrible fanny pack) but I didn't hesitate to clip the refillable bucket to my belt loop.  We just about wore that thing out over our 6 week trip last fall.

33 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

There aren't too many "Disney foods" I actually crave, but that flippin' popcorn... there were days we'd fill the bucket on the way OUT of a park just to have some for later.

I don't like carrying stuff in the parks (hence the terrible fanny pack) but I didn't hesitate to clip the refillable bucket to my belt loop.  We just about wore that thing out over our 6 week trip last fall.

Saturday my daughter got the last (until they restocked) Mickey Balloon bucket from the stand by Gaston's. Popcorn was cold and stale.  Told her to take it back but she didn't.

37 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

W & I do the same thing, we keep the bucket full and always get a full bucket to take out of the park.  I ruined my appetite quite a few times last trip by eating too much popcorn, and I was totally fine with that!

WBI

3 hours ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

W & I do the same thing, we keep the bucket full and always get a full bucket to take out of the park.  I ruined my appetite quite a few times last trip by eating too much popcorn, and I was totally fine with that!

WBI

I'm pretty sure we saved a bunch of money more than a few times when we were full of popcorn and skipped a "real" dinner.  LOL