I wish the folks staying across from us this summer had thought of this.  They left their poor pup tethered outside of their tent all day.  Fortunately, they thought to leave water and found a shady spot, but I still felt sorry for the cute little guy.

57 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

This may be a stupid question, but isn't that cost prohibitive?  

I'm not privy to the costs involved, but that's what she does for a living. I would guess these are high end clients with frilly little dogs. 

On 9/14/2018 at 5:54 PM, DaveInTN said:

This may be a stupid question, but isn't that cost prohibitive?  

Hmm... well you could technically write off your travel costs as a business expense so, might actually be a great way to subsidize some traveling!  🙂

On 9/14/2018 at 5:59 PM, kadancer said:

I wish the folks staying across from us this summer had thought of this.  They left their poor pup tethered outside of their tent all day.  Fortunately, they thought to leave water and found a shady spot, but I still felt sorry for the cute little guy.

At the Fort??

20 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Hmm... well you could technically write off your travel costs as a business expense so, might actually be a great way to subsidize some traveling!  🙂

I was thinking cost prohibitive for the customer.   How much must the dog sitting cost?  Aren't there local dog sitters?  The whole thing makes no sense to me, but I find that to be the case a lot lately.  

3 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

I was thinking cost prohibitive for the customer.   How much must the dog sitting cost?  Aren't there local dog sitters?  The whole thing makes no sense to me, but I find that to be the case a lot lately.  

I suppose it depends on what she's charging.  And maybe she's targeting a clientele where the cost isn't an issue or she's offering super deluxe service people are willing to pay for - "dog will be bathed, groomed, trimmed, thoroughly exercised, be read a story and taught to make coffee..."

10 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I suppose it depends on what she's charging.  And maybe she's targeting a clientele where the cost isn't an issue or she's offering super deluxe service people are willing to pay for - "dog will be bathed, groomed, trimmed, thoroughly exercised, be read a story and taught to make coffee..."

Ok....NOW I understand.  Where do I sign up??