Labor day weekend

Probably could have done with a quiet day at the Fort after that but we only had the weekend and it was Food and Wine. So off after a light cold breakfast at the site we got the bus to Epcot.

BGnaCuVsfHbzeKXtBwWbXPcMoAIP9MEXRQw3JOBr

This is the bus we got.

Got there about 9:15, which wasn't bad going.

Headed to the festival center to see if there was any chance of signing the kids up for the children's cooking thing.

Mfc0OQ7NwN3-p2eMPyEVXi5Io4ckgWZQxKYMzW6l

I knew this was a long shot so wasn't too surprised when the CM told me they were fully booked. Apparently, they booked out around 9am on the previous day. I had actually considered upgrading my wife or myself to an annual pass, and doing a quick run into Epcot Saturday night to get them registered for this, but sounds like it would have been a waste of time anyway.

While we were there we dodged the lines of pass holders and checked out the chocolate experience, getting free samples as we went.

JNvsgDsqkmlwu00JBi8Mz51lBUZXxVkAQNXOMOS2

T3MmbSLbKY7ChvE3k6xeghZFd5FKzHK3lDv6XDDt

Had booked fast passes near here, so off to Mission Space. The first time we'd done this, did green this time, kids want to do orange next time we are here.

KcK20SIE6tCt6DZfpdznwXD4576KR2-WpA3cmB6s

Kids swapped themselves around as my daughter wanted to be in command, and my son wanted to be engineer so that was good.

YY3Qsr6YJENT0rpkmSZ44VHHjazHhMhm1_WyU9IV

Spent quite a bit of time here.

vyICOy0vCo12OEeBolAx7NaCDgTztx6BbEFOItz8

Next fast pass was test track.

ZzDClXrUDlM2PwUtwAK42vB63bDZgb5ZnmugnT_v

My wife won't do test track again, and in case you can't tell by the photo I'm only there for the kids. Next time I'm at Epcot my sister is taking them on it.

While she was waiting she'd picked up some snacks.

pURf5Xdtxn1GnoStRUNPBlmAYVcr6prjYr43wErw

Once we were done we noticed Taste Track was open, it's always closed when I'm that way. Now part of food and Wine.

I tried a Cronut and got the kids pancake milkshakes which I guess is a Wreck it Ralph II thing.

BQbzyQwXgebNNuAJNvVhN_6JpWydtB7hFhdgTA4n

I like the cronut but my wife wasn't impressed.

Ny9fdKuuZKTERHi_mQne5m4fnSfy0b8LsUmY5y6Y

Checked out the new play area, until it rained before going to Figment our last Fast Pass.

yUdLWgOtPeGkZw-0Ch0OlmSFyR2946Ol51rFRtj-

Then it got a bit chaotic, my daughter and I went to flavors of fire, but had to cut some cash out as they weren't taking card right then.

IpSehR2a9fIKh5v1S97Qn0cXZUAAVxRc3v-pouJ2

The Black Water Porter.

_SHtgWovdc8zlz-uefZJ2D1MNYx4O2kQV8WaVYrF

Corned Beef

iqy7hSW6ueA0eD7jhiQr3kXe7eIXeBAoNsIwODyN

And the Piggy Wings, my daughters choice. My wife and son got a slushie in light lab and then the pumpkin chocolate drink at the chocolate place. Met up with them there, and my got in the long line at the refreshment port for poutine. Too busy and hot for my son, to be honest, I thought I'd be leaving Epcot around then, but he just asked to go to Mexico because the pyramid is air-conditioned. He wanted to do the ride before eating, it was a 20-minute  guess we all had the same idea!

Wasn't sure my wife would do this one, so took some video for a change. This is just from my phone.

As we were coming out of the pyramid,  we see my wife who is disappointed she missed the ride, my son wants to do it again anyway. So I go off for more food.

_3ryOOahKr00C5TrVpPAd043-0rCp4IflHqaAC5C

WScXypXSXW36lLs1a12VJv7PcCEcB-UVul7aG5hN

Followed by the Greek Nachos.

f04yTqdyO23TWUfi3OOoHDkst3GstcKo7gzSn4bP

My son ended up eating most of these.  We headed towards Norway to use the restrooms, ran into Tony around there. Went in the shop for a bit to cool off, and  plan what next.  I had booked Candy Sushi but my daughter didn't feel up to it at that point.  My son just wanted to go to the UK before leaving, so we double backed through show place plaza into Canada.

DxQlJF8vEgOOPHDLlxpVCblXgxGDau36KW1U3z2u

yFrMkK7TGTRdFdGrgsQfuB87JSyv6FN7RCGGGmmg

Not part of food and wine but my wife like's the Magners Irish cider they sell in the UK beer stand, so I got a Bass Ale to keep her company. My daughter went off into the shop with her gift card and bought a couple of overpriced British candy bars, don't think I've ever paid that much for a Lion bar. While my wife was finishing her cider I waited in  line for the Irish sausages.

LYNFzGEFdVOuroNCG2swzCxum0YN-BDPvPTQWsmg

One of the slowest lines there, you know it's bad when you get welcomed to the front of the line. The Guinness Baileys shake must have been popular, they ran out of Baileys before I got to the front.

Had some debate about what to do next, I originally had wanted to get over to MK a bit after this but that was thinking that we wouldn't last this long.  Decided to head back to the Fort, and start thinking about dinner.  We were fed up of walking around with small plates,  I had a quick look to see what was available and grabbed an early dinner reservation for Garden Grill at 5:35.  Wasn't planning on character dining, but it was on the way out and sit down.  I guess if we hadn't booked this we may have gone to Wilderness Lodge.

dV8_TxwcezrmLOcW324MTNuR1Laj5w4-RgptbcNj

We've had breakfast there before so weren't that bothered about the characers but still had a good time, and wanted to try dinner here for a while.

Py_pqXRj3u4hDY6qOVLhMiG4t2UkSf0cif12ZKrH

K0G7P3IcG0hhJ-RzPV8ScTcIxJJcTXdn4YBF66cT

XCI_aVKuReyC_DLl-XiCJEhE5uu20ksp6xgYSTJg

G8zig8pu07pedTaRHuEIV-NPd_KkZaKDj5KQdA73

Unfortunately we son started feeling unwell and didn't eat much. We headed back after this and both kids had an early night, it had been a long day.

My friends family just ate at Garden Grill and there son got sick as well. They mentioned the problem to a CM and apparently this is a very common problem. Because the room spins as you eat it causes guest to get motion sick. The CM said they are constantly cleaning up puke. Uhhhh nice 🤢

6 hours ago, Seals said:

BGnaCuVsfHbzeKXtBwWbXPcMoAIP9MEXRQw3JOBr

I'd love to have a poster of this image.

What was the verdict on the pancake milkshakes? 

My son like them, my daughter didn't. I'm not entirely sure what it tasted like, bit of a gimmick.

2 hours ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

My friends family just ate at Garden Grill and there son got sick as well. They mentioned the problem to a CM and apparently this is a very common problem. Because the room spins as you eat it causes guest to get motion sick. The CM said they are constantly cleaning up puke. Uhhhh nice 🤢

We've had breakfast there before and he was OK, although I'm not sure which direction he was facing, but it may well have been the motion combined with the long day in the eat.

On 9/27/2018 at 2:23 PM, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

Okay... EWWW.   Guess we can check this one off our list. That is not a sight, that I'd wish to see 😶

Moving on, and wrapping this up, Gem and Disney Springs.

Gem minning was closed.

z2KjQl7DoWXr_69Temt1MCRhdxwy4gmpF4vMQJOq

Didn't end up as Disney Springs as my son didn't quite seem him self.

My wife went to  fetch breakfast while I packed away. 

neYlY7srW7gr_fUsqUFIZrh7yElgSXEwtqrytVGup2KBCxWRpyDPMsjnkDSt1INgzJ-c3dHQMETnLPpJK0NcHOhV8TZuYsJm-a5VHnfnckKlKLc19nQ7Y2QNEDhwwmmjrwZhMVCLzcBUUqeOo3t6ED-Wsms3EbT-T6sovGkEUmJNOhNobXmXUAL35pKtnQWnnfARBvMdHCpaAabyh6LaqdOWztlXFxO-ddIl4wuY0AbGeFDf7CcVlg45K4LJlPQrN3DlON1K6KGhDapaQBagvtBIxpyCnbik8TYB-1vIwz3oQ05_fKVb687p3Xv-WL9aRW6TNxSxv6JV06KgSjyUltVjKBiEjc37jwhy2Uy1wuZ6W-PJPu7CfUlSJ5zvpUyRKYHYSoxu0UvUnAq_0cmxg3-9rnic8IEPSVWT3PZIP4doFnZQ011yRv-4oncE0JPMAqO78jKuWRMBjVIwRakV_FU_HGY_U15Yim2YqV9MjBwZ-_u90uqSwYAreaS7KnI1vZWvx3qkZwnSv0EiJq0UiofcQ3m7FVN267Cwh4vdNNzxDR_KJbXAy_rTkLm6vhvbLcVrqRlcIubPKmRIai4YN8MeB0YFWnxtxLLmnfeGLCoPcDBGaPUKm6bTbvaWSjC3eGHaF-eSf1EHgZKuMVjit-n2X9f_kvLWL6HmKNb7Wlvce9sPJj0na0awbg=w464-h618-no

Kids were happy to help this time so went faster.  Although as I moved the kid's air mattress to fold it, I noticed a hole in it, so we ended up throwing it out. When asked both kids told me it was like that all night,  does make me wonder why I bothered with it given they didn't say anything.  My wife sept out the tent, which as good given I think there was still sand from last time. She wants a folding broom for the next trip.  She also found a squirrel-sized hole behind where the air mattress was and a few Mickey Goldfish crackers.

I have a strict rule about no food in the tents only in the EZ up for this reason. Had words with the kids and will tape the hole.

Were packed and out of there before 11, nice thing about leaving on a Monday rather than a Sunday is chick Fila being open on the way home.

• 2 weeks later...