In the past, when we stayed at the Fort, we felt we were cheating if we spent the days or nights at the parks.

For what the Fort cost, I wanted to get my $$$ worth just hanging out there and enjoying it.

Do to logistics and costs, we haven't spent time at the Fort in a couple years.

We try to get to the parks every couple of months, and it's much easier just staying in a hotel.

Most of the time we get a place that has some sort of kitchen to save $$ on meals.

We will be going to our 3rd stay at a Holiday Inn Vacation Resort at 192 and 429.  

It's a quick drive to WDW using the back roads.

My daughter books thru work, $94 for a 2 bedroom/2 bath unit with a living room, full kitchen, dining area, washer/dryer, and a patio or balcony.

No, it's not the Fort, but the price is right, and it's a lot easier for a quick stay then setting up and breaking down a PUP, tent, screen room, outdoor kitchen, etc.  And a lot less to pack into the truck!

8 hours ago, Travisma said:

In the past, when we stayed at the Fort, we felt we were cheating if we spent the days or nights at the parks.

For what the Fort cost, I wanted to get my $$$ worth just hanging out there and enjoying it.

Do to logistics and costs, we haven't spent time at the Fort in a couple years.

We try to get to the parks every couple of months, and it's much easier just staying in a hotel.

Most of the time we get a place that has some sort of kitchen to save $$ on meals.

We will be going to our 3rd stay at a Holiday Inn Vacation Resort at 192 and 429.  

It's a quick drive to WDW using the back roads.

My daughter books thru work, $94 for a 2 bedroom/2 bath unit with a living room, full kitchen, dining area, washer/dryer, and a patio or balcony.

No, it's not the Fort, but the price is right, and it's a lot easier for a quick stay then setting up and breaking down a PUP, tent, screen room, outdoor kitchen, etc.  And a lot less to pack into the truck!

I think more and more people are thinking like you. I love the fort and wish I could spend weeks there. Financially we just can’t do it. And I agree   The set up and break down is a lot of work. As I get older, I want to do less work on vacation.  We are not rich enough to own a class A where pushing a button does the majority of the work. The pop out, the leveling jacks, the screen room the hoses the cables the sewer etc. it’s a lot especially if your trying to do a quick weekend

4 minutes ago, Starbuc71 said:

The set up and break down is a lot of work. As I get older, I want to do less work on vacation.  

And you finally get the point where it's too much work.  That's why we live 20 mins away now in the winter.

A little work beats a boring hotel room any day. And I don't care what class of room, not one other then the Fort has my truck 10' from the front door. We tried the resort and it was easy but we still came back and bought a camper. 

On 10/16/2018 at 10:18 PM, LONE-STAR said:

A little work beats a boring hotel room any day. And I don't care what class of room, not one other then the Fort has my truck 10' from the front door. We tried the resort and it was easy but we still came back and bought a camper. 

I work my rear off too much 51 weeks a year. I don’t want to do it on vacation any more...especially for the money we spend. I’m leaning more towards my wife nowadays.  If I could afford a class A and push a button for set up, I would enjoy camping again, but that will never happen. Renting a cabin in the smoky mountains for near the same price or cheaper than a concrete pad at Disney sounds much more inviting.   And the theme park there is better than Disney anyways

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Disneybishops said:

It has gotten expensive but I still prefer the fort to a hotel. I make about 4 trips to fort each year and don’t plan to stop until I get too old to camp

I camp at country thunder and it’s 1500 for 3 nights including 2 tickets  

Where’s country thunder?

how much was each ticket?