No more straws but here is a plastic baggie.

45 minutes ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

Ziploc is the new sponsor for the kidsquest at EPCOT also.  They now get a baggie (with Ziploc printed on it) and a small coloring sheet in it.  No more cutouts on sticks.

15 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I suppose you can at least reuse the baggie but yeah, the timing of this is kind of weird.  But then I don't see Disney turning away from sponsorship $$$ these days.

It is all about the money. All these years that the ride has been running and they are just now concerned about your phone? Has there really been that much out cry about wet phones? No, your right, it's a money/sponser thing.  I do like that they will have a recycling bin. 

6 minutes ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

Has there really been that much out cry about wet phones? 

Maybe - especially now that pretty much every human over 5 is carrying one.  But it's not super hard to keep your phone dry on Splash Mountain, just shove it under your shirt or stuff it in whatever bag you're carrying. Even when you get "very" wet on SM you really don't get completely soaked.

What's interesting is they did away with the covered area in the middle of the raft on Kali where you could put the stuff you didn't want to get wet.  Although I suspect because it wasn't all that great at keeping your stuff completely dry.  Now THAT would have been the ride Ziploc should have sponsored as you pretty much always get wet, and sometimes you get completely drowned.  🙂

33 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Maybe - especially now that pretty much every human over 5 is carrying one.  But it's not super hard to keep your phone dry on Splash Mountain, just shove it under your shirt or stuff it in whatever bag you're carrying. Even when you get "very" wet on SM you really don't get completely soaked.

What's interesting is they did away with the covered area in the middle of the raft on Kali where you could put the stuff you didn't want to get wet.  Although I suspect because it wasn't all that great at keeping your stuff completely dry.  Now THAT would have been the ride Ziploc should have sponsored as you pretty much always get wet, and sometimes you get completely drowned.  🙂

Maybe that park is next for Ziploc ?  They probably want to go slow so they get the most media attention over a longer period of time.

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

That ride is a guaranteed soaker, the seats are ALWAYS wet, with puddles in them. I am usually the seat that gets stuck under the waterfall, anyway.

2 hours ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

It is all about the money. All these years that the ride has been running and they are just now concerned about your phone? Has there really been that much out cry about wet phones? No, your right, it's a money/sponser thing.  I do like that they will have a recycling bin. 

Heck with the recycling bin. My husband will have us using those bags over and over again. 

1 minute ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

Heck with the recycling bin. My husband will have us using those bags over and over again. 

Lol. I had a picture of our day bag being emptied out at night filled with baggies. My kids would just take one, because apparently you can never have too many baggies. 

14 minutes ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

Lol. I had a picture of our day bag being emptied out at night filled with baggies. My kids would just take one, because apparently you can never have too many baggies. 

We are that family that washes and reuses those baggies again. 

4 hours ago, Travisma said:

Maybe that park is next for Ziploc ?  They probably want to go slow so they get the most media attention over a longer period of time.

Possibly, although Kristie also raised a good point that AK might not allow them because of the animals (hadn't thought of that)

3 hours ago, shoreline99 said:

That ride is a guaranteed soaker, the seats are ALWAYS wet, with puddles in them. I am usually the seat that gets stuck under the waterfall, anyway.

Same!!  I only ride when it's 1) a hot day and 2) we're on our way out of the park anyway.  

2 hours ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

I usually stuff a ziploc or 2 in my fanny pack just in case.  You never know when you need to protect a phone... or take home the rest of your dessert.  🙂