My mom sent me this text today.

"Went to Epcot today. Hollywood studios tomorrow. There is so much construction going on. Interesting how Disney is starting to make you pay for everything. Parking. If I want my room cleaned I have to pay 10.00. They will give me towels and take out the trash after I bag it. If you want to get a map of the parks, the one I saw at Epcot cost 4.99. Unbelievable. Things are changing. Very hot. Heat index, is 105"

I knew about parking but was surprised by everything else. Can anyone confirm?

4 minutes ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

I do remember something about a gift card if you opted out of having your room cleaned daily. 

I know it applied to the cabins and I think it was for all resorts. However a CM still checked the room daily for security reasons.

4 hours ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

My mom sent me this text today.

"Went to Epcot today. Hollywood studios tomorrow. There is so much construction going on. Interesting how Disney is starting to make you pay for everything. Parking. If I want my room cleaned I have to pay 10.00. They will give me towels and take out the trash after I bag it. If you want to get a map of the parks, the one I saw at Epcot cost 4.99. Unbelievable. Things are changing. Very hot. Heat index, is 105"

I knew about parking but was surprised by everything else. Can anyone confirm?

Paying for a map?  Maybe some.sort of souvenir one or at EPCOT t he  Remy hunt one.

agree about the over imbibing.

pay to clean rooms?  Bagging your own trash, never heard of either.

47 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Paying for a map?  Maybe some.sort of souvenir one or at EPCOT t he  Remy hunt one.

agree about the over imbibing.

pay to clean rooms?  Bagging your own trash, never heard of either.

Is she renting points on a DVC room? If so, that is about right. You get towel and trash service on DVC rooms, but have to pay for full cleaning.

7 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Is she renting points on a DVC room? If so, that is about right. You get towel and trash service on DVC rooms, but have to pay for full cleaning.

Bingo!

And it's not limited to guests renting DVC points,  it applies to guests who pay out of pocket to stay in a DVC property. You can book those rooms directly on the Disney site, and I suspect some guests don't even know that they're booking a DVC room.

TCD 

33 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Bingo!

And it's not limited to guests renting DVC points,  it applies to guests who pay out of pocket to stay in a DVC property. You can book those rooms directly on the Disney site, and I suspect some guests don't even know that they're booking a DVC room.

TCD 

Actually if you book a DVC room as a cash booking through Disney directly it should be serviced just as any other hotel booking. 

Man you guys are good. So I asked her this morning if they have her gift cards in return for not cleaning the room. She answered yes. They each, mom and her room mate, received $60 total. Mom then what are you complaining about!?!

I didn't verify the map price but I am certain, because they were at Epcot, that is was the Remy map she saw. If Disney started charging for maps that would be a big announcement. I do see a day when maps will no longer be provided and everything will be found using your phone.

1 hour ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Actually if you book a DVC room as a cash booking through Disney directly it should be serviced just as any other hotel booking. 

Interesting. That has not been my experience staying in villas at Boardwalk, Saratoga Springs and the Villas at Wilderness Lodge (nka Boulder Ridge). Some DVC resorts I've stayed at (like Boardwalk and Vero Beach) have hotel style rooms in addition to Villas that are serviced like regular Disney resort rooms, but when I've stayed in a villa booked directly from Disney, I got treated like a regular DVC guest- which meant no housekeeping.

TCD

3 hours ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

Man you guys are good. So I asked her this morning if they have her gift cards in return for not cleaning the room. She answered yes. They each, mom and her room mate, received $60 total. Mom then what are you complaining about!?!

LOL! Gotta say that's a pretty good deal in my book.  🙂

And when you factor in that you're also not tipping Mousekeeping those days, you save some $$ too.

On the discussion of the Remy maps at EPCOT you do receive a souvenir cup after you complete the search, at least that was how we did it, the CM said though you don't have to do the search and could just ask for your cup after you buy the map but we did have fun searching.

41 minutes ago, dblr....Rennie said:

On the discussion of the Remy maps at EPCOT you do receive a souvenir cup after you complete the search, at least that was how we did it, the CM said though you don't have to do the search and could just ask for your cup after you buy the map but we did have fun searching.

The pins they gave out in previous years were easier to toss in a drawer, cups take up a lot more room!!  😀

2 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Yep, there are cups, not sure if you can just ask for them.

remy-cups.jpg?resize=600%2C450&ssl=1

So what do you get other than the chance to explore the sights, sounds, and tastes of Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival? There’s a prize of course! The Ratatouille Hide & Squeak map can be turned into Port of Entry. In return, you’ll receive your choice of one of four lenticular cups with a 3D effect. The cups available are of Chef Mickey, Chef Minnie, Chef Remy, or Chef Figment. Just know that it is 1 Cup per Map purchased.

https://chipandco.com/remys-ratatouille-hide-squeak-returns-for-2018-epcot-food-wine-festival-319325/

27 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

They tell you that you don't have to do the hunt if you don't want to, just get your map stamped and pick out what cup you want.