I think it he was just filling in for one of the current Six Bits for just the one night.

But, Ben might be the hardest working man in Disney show business.  If you don't already follow him on Instagram, you might not know that he has a regular gig at the Edison restaurant in Disney Springs:

And he is still very popular at the Frozen sing-a-long in DHS:

TCD

13 hours ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

We hope to catch him at the Edison. We love Steam Punk.

He was really cool when we were there. He did some cool tricks for the kids and talked with us for a little bit. We were at the Edison around 4pm and it was pretty dead so I think we got a little extra attention.

One thing if you dont know, they will tack on an entertainment fee on your check. Wd didnt know that until the bill came. Was a noce surprise they snuck in there.

10 hours ago, rtguy007 said:

He was really cool when we were there. He did some cool tricks for the kids and talked with us for a little bit. We were at the Edison around 4pm and it was pretty dead so I think we got a little extra attention.

One thing if you dont know, they will tack on an entertainment fee on your check. Wd didnt know that until the bill came. Was a noce surprise they snuck in there.

I wonder if it is because Ben stopped at your table?

1 hour ago, Beckers said:

What?!?!?! That’s insane 

3 hours ago, keith_h said:

I wonder if it is because Ben stopped at your table?

Yeah they added an extra $15. We didnt have him come over he just stopped and sat down and started his act. We didnt question the extra charge as the tables in wonderland card discount pretty much covered it in discounts but it was still an annoyance.

What I heard was that it was standard for them to add an entertainment fee as there are multiple acts that can come through. Emphasis on the can. There was a lady walking around on stilts that was just walking around and taking pictures when she could.

1 hour ago, rtguy007 said:

Yeah they added an extra $15. We didnt have him come over he just stopped and sat down and started his act. We didnt question the extra charge as the tables in wonderland card discount pretty much covered it in discounts but it was still an annoyance.

What I heard was that it was standard for them to add an entertainment fee as there are multiple acts that can come through. Emphasis on the can. There was a lady walking around on stilts that was just walking around and taking pictures when she could.

What a way to make a buck, unreal. That charge should definitely be mention on the menu. Thanks for the heads up. We are planning on wearing our steampunk outfits. Maybe they will pay us if we walk around. 😉

On 9/21/2018 at 10:07 PM, rtguy007 said:

Disney Parks Blog says cover charge after 10 pm when it becomes an adults only venue:

The Edison is now open Sunday-Wednesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 a.m. and Thursday-Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 2 a.m. Guests at The Edison must be 21 years or older starting at 10 p.m. Thursday-Saturday nights. There is a cover charge of $15 per guest beginning at 10 p.m. Additionally, The Edison has an enforced dress code Thursday-Saturday evenings beginning at 10 p.m. (men must wear slacks, jeans or dress shorts. No ball caps, sleeveless shirts or flip-flops are permitted. Jackets are optional). 

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/01/the-edison-is-now-open-at-disney-springs/

From January but I couldn't find anything that says otherwise. You should get your $ back.

On 9/21/2018 at 9:07 PM, rtguy007 said:

WTF!

entertainment fee???

are your freaking kidding me?

Does it say any where they add a “entertainment fee”?

16 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

No.  I want there. But I will be

WTF!

entertainment fee???

are your freaking kidding me?

Does it say any where they add a “entertainment fee”?

I would look at it as a cover charge. They don't want people coming in just for free entertainment. 

13 hours ago, rtguy007 said:

The only thing I knew about was what was posted above. Since we were there at 4pm it shouldnt have applied as mentioned. It really is not well presented that the charge is there from anything I could find.

I would call a request a refund or atleast challenge the added fee. 

6 hours ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

I'm also glad to see there is a dress code. I like going to nice places and having to dress up a bit. Hopefully the Edison will be a classy place and something a little different for the adult crowds.

It has a fantastic atmosphere. I would love to go after 10pm and take in the entertainment. It has a speakeasy vibe and there is an area cleared out for dancing and they have live bands. At least they did when we were there back in August.

10 hours ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

I would look at it as a cover charge. They don't want people coming in just for free entertainment. 

Every cover charge I’ve ever encountered was paid at the door. Not put on my bill.   It was 4:00 pm and they charged them. The cover charge doesn’t start till 10:00 pm. 

How many restaurants have free entertainment at WDW?   

Thats part of the draw at several venues. 

If they are going to charge a “cover charge” you should be made aware of it before you enter or sit down. Not a surprise charge on your bill. 

10 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Every cover charge I’ve ever encountered was paid at the door. Not put on my bill.   It was 4:00 pm and they charged them. The cover charge doesn’t start till 10:00 pm. 

How many restaurants have free entertainment at WDW?   

Thats part of the draw at several venues. 

If they are going to charge a “cover charge” you should be made aware of it before you enter or sit down. Not a surprise charge on your bill. 

No I fully agree with all you said.

I get the impression from various reviews I have read and seen that this restaurant is trying to figure it's stuff out. If you look at early reviews people are going in with ball caps and hoodies, there is not an entertainer fee and the food stinks. Then they start charging the fee, not clearly stated and certainly something I would make a fuss about, whenever you go but still no dress code. Now the fee is per person only after 10, and the dress code and food reviews are getting more positive. Sites say a $15 cover charge, I wonder if it is paid at the door?  All of these changes took place very quickly and are now stated clearly on all reservation sites. My guess is things will continue to evolve as they grow in popularity.

Going back to the hidden charge at 4:00pm. I would have argued the bill and complained to management about making such fees known from the start.