So my new 450 was way too high for our 5'er. It did sit a little lower than new ones due to having 4" drop spindle axles. I looked at replacing the axles with straight tubes to gain 4". But I decided to do an axle flip instead. It was a lot cheaper to buy spring mounts and u bolts than new axles. I measured an axle flip and determined it would raise the camper 6". I pulled it up on 6" of stacked boards to check how level it would be. 810094766_Collage2018-09-2119_01_08.thumb.jpg.b914cd9e2ac37341d238301f04173607.jpg

It was pretty level and way better than what it was before. 

My parts from Dexter came in yesterday, and I installed them yesterday evening. Overall it took right at 4 hours to install. The hardest part was removing the old u bolts. They were really tough. I fought with the 1st one for 10 minutes. Then I got the plasma cutter out and just cut the others off. 

17 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

The top of the A/C is 12'10"

Heck, still less than ours so I'm a bit jealous there (dang trees, on the streets leading away from our neighborhood, cause me SO much grief!)   Plus, with the extra clearance under the rig (and that beast of a truck), boondocking should be no problem at all.  Awesome!!

2 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Heck, still less than ours so I'm a bit jealous there (dang trees, on the streets leading away from our neighborhood, cause me SO much grief!)   Plus, with the extra clearance under the rig (and that beast of a truck), boondocking should be no problem at all.  Awesome!!

Thanks. You gotta watch those limbs! 

9 minutes ago, bdm said:

Looks good,  I have this "bolt heater" from snap On and it does amazing work on rusted / painted bolts It looks like a heat gun but has a coil on the end of it that quickly heats up nuts while leaving the bolt somewhat cool

I've seen those. Works through induction. I need to pick one up.