20 hours ago, Travisma said:

... if you break down what you get for your $$, it's still a pretty good deal.  Compare the cost of  Disney with going to a county or state fair with their sketchy, maybe properly maintained rides and overpriced foods.  Or see how much a boat or train ride would cost you elsewhere.

And Disney's costs for everything from paperclips, to wages, to utilities have risen also.  And yes their ticket prices have risen a lot higher that various cost of living increases, but people still come.

I just wish that if they want to do all of their extra priced dinner/desert party options, that they set aside (or build) special areas for them, and stop intruding into areas that used to be open to everyone.

Well said!

21 hours ago, Travisma said:

And as much as I hate to see the prices going up and up, if you break down what you get for your $$, it's still a pretty good deal.  Compare the cost of  Disney with going to a county or state fair with their sketchy, maybe properly maintained rides and overpriced foods.  Or see how much a boat or train ride would cost you elsewhere.

We were just having this conversation over the weekend and I agree 100%. 

WBI

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

I wish they had a senior ticket that just got you into the parks and the shows.  You could pay extra if you wanted to go on rides.  Sort of like the good old days where you paid for admission and bought a ticket book.

Yes.  Our family desperately misses the tickets....

1 hour ago, wendinator said:

Do you think it's reasonable to assume that the price of an annual pass will go up on October 18 as well?

I'm trying to decide whether to buy one now and activate it later, or whether I can wait until early next year to buy.

My general belief is all ticket pricing will go up. I am willing to be surprised though. 

I think these tickets are going to make planning longer trips a bit of a nightmare.... for example at Christmas, we spread our park days. I also think it's going to be super confusing for first time guests. I wish the 14 days would stand and that there weren't such huge ranges close together

All that said, it's all supply and demand. Disney said awhile ago that they were OK with fewer guests that were spending more. We all complain about crowd levels. The way to control crowd levels is to increase prices. Businesses do it all the time.... raise prices until you hit equilibrium. The issues is that many of us go A LOT, and we enjoy that. However, first time or occasional visitors aren't going to be hit as hard. I can't tell you how often I price trips for people, and they tell me it's less than they expected. It's all the time. Really! 

34 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

It's now October 16.  Has the new pricing been released? 

Yup, new prices for several things including parking and annual passes released.  I’m glad I go my AP last week....

https://wdwnt.com/2018/10/annual-pass-parking-magicband-prices-raised-at-walt-disney-world-effective-today/

So FL resident tickets are no longer valid for 6 months,  as things stand right now might not actually affect my plans for next year as I only have   one park trip planned, but if I end up  doing next year the number of short trips I did this year I'm going to be a lot better getting an AP.

I'm guessing that if discovery tickets are offered for 2019 they will be only valid for a set number of days.