March or Nov 2019? Help

Gonna go to Disney in 2019. Here are my 2 date choices 

March 16-23 2019 Adam would miss 2 full days of school and 3 half days. Airfare would probably be cheaper but crowd calendars are high.

or November 2-9, Jersey Week, Adam would only miss 2 days of school (which they are basically pointless because everyone goes on vacation then). Airfare will be higher, crowds show to be lower.

but I just read Star Wars land is supposed to open in fall of 2019. We have zero interest in it but would want to go to Hollywood studios for toy story land... if SW opens before or while we are there would the other parks be slammed too or silver lining they’d be empty and we probably wouldn’t go near HS because of the crowds. 

Help. When would you go?

35 minutes ago, Beckers said:

if SW opens before or while we are there would the other parks be slammed too or silver lining they’d be empty and we probably wouldn’t go near HS because of the crowds. 

I'd expect SW will draw crowds from all the parks and while HS will be crowded overall, most of that traffic is likely to be headed to SW which may make TS easier to get in/around. 

I vote November. Jersey Week is generally less crowded than spring vaca. Also if you're staying on site, room rates will be cheaper in November. Annnnnd as a bonus for the grown ups- you'll be there during Food & Wine.  ;)

In November you get holiday decorations and some nice weather for the Food and Wine Festival. But, you also get a lot of early MK closures for MVMCP nights, and more crowds at Epcot as Food and Wine is winding down and the weather is nice. But, I personally would choose November over March. I might be wrong, but I have a feeling that when they are saying late fall for the opening of Galaxy's Edge at WDW, they mean exactly that- like early December. And my own conspiracy theory is that they will run into some "unexpected " complications and push the opening date to after Christmas so they can fill their hotels during a slow time. 

TCD

8 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

In November you get holiday decorations and some nice weather for the Food and Wine Festival. But, you also get a lot of early MK closures for MVMCP nights, and more crowds at Epcot as Food and Wine is winding down and the weather is nice. But, I personally would choose November over March. I might be wrong, but I have a feeling that when they are saying late fall for the opening of Galaxy's Edge at WDW, they mean exactly that- like early December. And my own conspiracy theory is that they will run into some "unexpected " complications and push the opening date to after Christmas so they can fill their hotels during a slow time. 

TCD

What is this mythical time you are talking about?

Is that something that used to occur in days of yore, when men were gentlemen and women were delicate creatures to be worshiped?

Methinks you are dreaming or have been hitting the mead a little to heavily!  😁

19 minutes ago, Travisma said:

What is this mythical time you are talking about?

Is that something that used to occur in days of yore, when men were gentlemen and women were delicate creatures to be worshiped?

Methinks you are dreaming or have been hitting the mead a little to heavily!  😁

Cool it with the methinks business- the renaissance festival isn't until February. 

I agree with you about there not being a slow time, but I still believe that they have a harder time filling hotel rooms in January than they do in December. The pricing for Fort Wilderness campsites confirms that. If they push back the Galaxy's Edge opening to January, they won't have to offer discounts or incentives to fill rooms.

TCD

We were at SeaWorld Sunday and the crowds were manageable even with it being the first weekend of their Halloween festivities.  It was still hot as can be though.

Yesterday we went to Aquatica.  My niece and her husband walked on every ride without a wait except for one, and that was only 5 minutes.  We kept their kids occupied in the kiddie pool area.

We did two days worth of walk in/walk out at EPCOT to get our cutting board count up.  Yesterday we drove in at 10:40, got a decent parking spot and were in and out in about 20-25 minutes.  Didn't seem to be too crowded either day (at least not near the entrances).

But I don't think there will ever be Disney slow days like they used to have....

And January they push the on site hotel reservations for the Marathon weekend which they now seem to stretch for an entire week.  I think a lot of people arrive early in the week before the races and stay a couple of days afterwards.

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:37 PM, Travisma said:

And January they push the on site hotel reservations for the Marathon weekend which they now seem to stretch for an entire week.  I think a lot of people arrive early in the week before the races and stay a couple of days afterwards.

You and granddaughter planning on entering any of the races ?