2 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

We have found Dole Whips at Knoebels in Pa and also Holiday World in Santa Claus In. my wife says they are just as good at both locations.

They're starting to pop up all over the place.  The local ice cream stand near my parents in western MA even has them.  The one I had last weekend tasted as good as the MK version.

On 10/3/2018 at 1:44 PM, LONE-STAR said:

I wonder when Disney will hit the breaking point when they have priced out to many familie and they start loosing money. But there movies will carry them through.

That's probably the goal. Price out the "economy" guests, and target the ones with lots of cash who are willing to let it go. Keeps crowds lower, so lower operating costs, but the revenue keeps coming in.  Unfortunate though, if that is the plan...

Yes the higher prices SMB. But they are only slightly higher than what I find on cruise ships and resorts we travel to.    

Since I can’t talk DW into buying and RV and we normally fly to Orlando and use the ME. 

we fight some of the high prices by buying as much stuff as we can.

we will have a delivery service bring us bottled water, soda, beer, snacks, and breakfast foods to our Resort.   

We then bring water and snacks in to the parks.   

3 hours ago, djsamuel said:

Ate lunch at Whispering Canyon on Friday.  After we got home and took a second look at the receipt, we were shocked to see a soda is now $4.29.  That is getting ridiculous.

The drinks (just soft drinks and water) are the kicker, and add up really fast. As much as I like to be "hands free" in the parks, I may seriously consider carrying a water bottle in the future, especially if it's hot.

20 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

The drinks (just soft drinks and water) are the kicker, and add up really fast. As much as I like to be "hands free" in the parks, I may seriously consider carrying a water bottle in the future, especially if it's hot.

We have resigned to the fact that a backpack is the new normal for us. I'm not a huge fan, but it's the best we have figured out so far.

6 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

6 hours ago, WrigleysWagon said:

We have resigned to the fact that a backpack is the new normal for us. I'm not a huge fan, but it's the best we have figured out so far.

We too like to be hands free.   But DW and DD drink a lot of water. 

So they remain hands free and I carry a back pack. 6 bottles of water, snacks, ponchos, charging cords and portable charger.  

Move gotten used to it. And I figure we save about $20+ everyday. Or 3 beers.🍻 

17 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

We too like to be hands free.   But DW and DD drink a lot of water. 

So they remain hands free and I carry a back pack. 6 bottles of water, snacks, ponchos, charging cords and portable charger.  

Move gotten used to it. And I figure we save about $20+ everyday. Or 3 beers.🍻 

Same here. The kids all have smaller vacuum insulated bottles that we carry, and I have a large one that I will fill halfway with ice then add 4 propel packets and water. It is heavy, but worth it. Staying hydrated makes the day a lot more enjoyable. I am used to the heat, but I need my water. Now that the kids are older this next trip they are each going to have their own backpacks with water, snacks, an umbrella, and any other accessory. I am tired of being the Disney Sherpa.

1 hour ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Same here. The kids all have smaller vacuum insulated bottles that we carry, and I have a large one that I will fill halfway with ice then add 4 propel packets and water. It is heavy, but worth it. Staying hydrated makes the day a lot more enjoyable. I am used to the heat, but I need my water. Now that the kids are older this next trip they are each going to have their own backpacks with water, snacks, an umbrella, and any other accessory. I am tired of being the Disney Sherpa.

Image result for t shirt official disney backpack carrier

20 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

I played Backpack Boy for quite a few visits carrying an insulated backpack filled with drinks and food for 6, hand sanitizer, sunscreen, phone chargers, etc.

Now I carry one just big enough for my camera, a plastic bag to protect it, external phone battery, and I hook my water bottle to my belt. 

Everyone else can fend for themselves (I share my water with my wife).  The adult kids usually end up buying what they want to eat and drink anyway.