RV Accident Pictures (Beckers, This Did Not Involve Me)

In case anyone is interested, here are some pics of an accident this afternoon on I-65 here south of Nashville.  Only minor injuries thankfully, but sure looks scary.  That trailer pretty much disintegrated.  No idea on cause, but it was a rainy day, and this is an extremely busy stretch of interstate.  

https://twitter.com/FranklinTNPD/status/1051509637797871622

11 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Last weekend (on Sunday 10/7) I passed a rig on I-40 west bound between Knoxville and Nashville that looked like yours.   Semi tractor pulling big fifth wheel with a Smart car parked sideways in front of the fiver.  Copycats!

Believe it or not there are a lot of us out there doing this, this week in Hutchinson Ks. there is a HDT Rally at the fairgrounds that brings in close to 100 units. In the spring in Crossville Tn. there is another rally that usually has around 60 attend. Heck you can buy one now all ready to go just add the Smart car 

A FB page had some pictures of a PUP that tore loose from its TV. 

The poster said her husband was going less than 15 MPH on some township roads that had angled speed bumps.

They said the PUP was going up and down out of synch with the TV, broke the stabilizers, then popped off the hitch hit the TV, snapped the chains and went into a ditch.  Tore it up pretty good.

On 10/15/2018 at 12:56 PM, DaveInTN said:

INC's first comment was "how much you wanna bet the Bimmer cut him off".  

Our accident was caused by getting cutoff by some maniac.  Luckily there was a copy right behind him who saw it and came back to the accident scene to tell us he saw it so it was on the record.

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

They said the PUP was going up and down out of synch with the TV, broke the stabilizers, then popped off the hitch hit the TV, snapped the chains and went into a ditch.  Tore it up pretty good.

When the Tappan Zee bridge was under construction we experienced something similar on the southern end of it.  I think we were doing around 40-50 and suddenly the truck and camper started bouncing opposite one another - imagine a bird's wings flapping and the body is the hitch.  It was crazy scary and continued to get worse and worse. I had to slow down to about 15 mph to get it to stop altogether.  We thought it might be a fluke, but it happened another time too, except that time we were ready for it and had already started slowing down.  Fortunately the bridge is pretty much done now and last trip down it was fine.