Disney's Discovery Lodge, not River Country

Looks like it will be DISCOVERY LODGE at the FORT.  

Apparently Info and questionaire sent out to DVC Members is all about DISNEY'S DISCOVERY LODGE.

This info is from a "crochety, old, Officially Retired", bus driver.  

Unless your source became a DVC member, the likely source of this information is the WDWNT website.  This article was posted last week:

https://wdwnt.com/2018/10/disney-discovery-lodge-is-possible-new-wdw-vacation-club-resort-name-leaked-in-survey/

For what it's worth, the comments to the article made by alleged DVC members indicate that other names for the resort were proposed, such as "Colors of Nature" and "Reflections- A Lakeside Resort."  

So, really, all that we know is that Disney is polling DVC members about potential names.

TCD

30 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

For what it's worth, the comments to the article made by alleged DVC members indicate that other names for the resort were proposed, such as "Colors of Nature" and "Reflections- A Lakeside Resort."  

So, really, all that we know is that Disney is polling DVC members about potential names.

TCD

Possibly, but no "River Country" mentioned.

2 hours ago, Duane said:

We are DVC Members and have yet to receive any polls or questionnaires about potential names of any "upcoming" resorts...

Neither have we.  The only thing we ever get is the magazine and our tax bill - they never forget that.

52 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

BTW, I like the name Discovery Lodge. It is a nod to the adjacent island. But I think they can do better, and the other names mentioned are just downright horrible.

I just hope it doesn't mean they are going to put some "villas" out on Discovery Island.

15 minutes ago, lightbikes said:

Neither have we.  The only thing we ever get is the magazine and our tax bill - they never forget that.

I just hope it doesn't mean they are going to put some "villas" out on Discovery Island.

With a bridge for golf carts to the island, but only Discovery Lodge special chipped golf carts can open the gate!

1 hour ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

BTW, I like the name Discovery Lodge. It is a nod to the adjacent island. But I think they can do better, and the other names mentioned are just downright horrible.

Probably because that will be a major view from the resort. Also if this getting built as originally planned nothing wil be left of River Country.

1 hour ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

After they named the new DVC at Wilderness Lodge Copper Creek, and renamed the old one Boulder Ridge, I figured that they would just make up some fake name for this new DVC without using the word Wilderness.  I still think that's the direction they'll go in. I would like it if they gave a nod to Discovery Island, but I'll be surprised if they do.

TCD

38 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Since no one else took the bait, I will. What's BOAGYA?

TCD

Bend Over And Grab Your Ankles.  

This place won't be cheap.  And Disney always wins, in the Year of a Million Schemes.  

BTW, I think the word "Cypress" should be in the name....like Disney's Cypress Point Resort, or Disney's Cypress Springs Resort.  You know, to pay homage to the dozens of cypress trees they will need to bulldoze in order to build it.  

20 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Bend Over And Grab Your Ankles.  

This place won't be cheap.  And Disney always wins, in the Year of a Million Schemes.  

BTW, I think the word "Cypress" should be in the name....like Disney's Cypress Point Resort, or Disney's Cypress Springs Resort.  You know, to pay homage to the dozens of cypress trees they will need to bulldoze in order to build it.  

I knew it was going to be something like that. LOL. 

I like the idea of including cypress in the name, but I'm still going to guess that the go with a completely made-up, unrelated name. 

TCD

• 1 month later...

From a company that themes everything so well, it's just hard to believe that they are doing this. It's not a bad looking resort there just building it in the wrong spot. This should be built over on the side of BLT. They should of had a theme of a old loging mill on a river, converted into a resort. They cold have named it River Country Lodging  

I am usually pretty accepting of some of the choices Disney makes, but this one seems pretty ridiculous; particularly the name and the size.  We just got back from 11 days at Fort Wilderness and while there, we saw many people walking around the River Country area with plans in hand.  They also spent a lot of time examining the playground near Trails End, and the Settlement building itself.  One of the people I saw is a friend of mine but I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet.

10 hours ago, djsamuel said:

I am usually pretty accepting of some of the choices Disney makes, but this one seems pretty ridiculous; particularly the name and the size.  We just got back from 11 days at Fort Wilderness and while there, we saw many people walking around the River Country area with plans in hand.  They also spent a lot of time examining the playground near Trails End, and the Settlement building itself.  One of the people I saw is a friend of mine but I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet.

You need to hit that guy up for the 411 then keep it on the down low here on fort fiends. (For some reason I thought it would be fun to talk like a annoying kid from the 90's)