Disney's Discovery Lodge, not River Country

As i said in the other thread,

I'm surprised there is no discussion of the cr*ppy name they announced for this new resort - " Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge "

Which is horrible.

I didn't mind the name that was being tossed around before, "Disney's Discovery Lodge" - that at least made some sense given the location.

Awful, awful, awful. This whole project makes my stomach turn.

On 11/20/2018 at 8:33 PM, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Ugh... that's all I have to say about this. 

We're taking family pictures in the Settlement this trip. I'm worried it will be mostly gone when this is done. 

Talked to my friend this weekend.  As it stands now, the Settlement area is not changing.  There were considerations of rebuilding the Settlement, but the direction right now is to keep it as is and upgrade as they can.  Ideally, he said it would be best to rebuild due to the age of the facilities, but as of now that won't be happening.  The horse barn is being relocated and Mickey's BYBBQ is going.  The new resort is about 4 years away.

12 hours ago, djsamuel said:

Talked to my friend this weekend.  As it stands now, the Settlement area is not changing.  There were considerations of rebuilding the Settlement, but the direction right now is to keep it as is and upgrade as they can.  Ideally, he said it would be best to rebuild due to the age of the facilities, but as of now that won't be happening.  The horse barn is being relocated and Mickey's BYBBQ is going.  The new resort is about 4 years away.

Thanks for the information