Hi fellow Fiends! 

Husband and I really want to spend New Year's Eve at the Fort this year. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to find a camping spot. (If anyone is canceling - I would love your spot!!) Luckily we are locals, so we can come in just for the day/evening if need be. My question is: if we have a reservation at Trails End at 8pm, can we stay until fireworks (midnight)? Are they strict about the 2-hour parking limit on New Year's Eve? (I've never experienced the Fort being strict about parking, but wondering if it will be different on one of the busiest nights of the year?) 

Thanks! 

12 hours ago, katethegreat24 said:

Thanks caveat.

So when you drive in, do they give you something to put in your windshield? To show when your 2 hour window starts?

I think you'll be fine.  We've done it at other resorts in previous years with no issues.  The best we've done was to make reservations at the Wave in the Contemporary and then walk over to the Magic Kingdom gates.  The views are great.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

We have discovered watching the fireworks from the TTC is really awesome. Even better view than the Fort.

Very true, on our Sept visit we were trying to get from EPCOT to the MK for fireworks along with just about everyone else, the monorail was so crowded we opted for the ferry boat which of course closed just as we were ready to board, but the very nice cast member said for us to stand to the right of the boarding area and they even piped in the music.  We were very pleased with their suggestion and no pushy crowds!!!!!!!