Day One...Crash

So day one of our Disney vacation dawned, with a 1700 mile road trip ahead of us.  Camper packed.  Kids packed.  Tow Vehicle serviced.  Wheel bearings repacked.  Then off I went to drop the dogs off when.....CRASH.  A local kid hit the brakes a few seconds late.  Hopefully the body shop can do some sort of temporary repair, as our rear door won't close and the hitch seems to be at an odd angle.

I'll try to upload pics of the damage, but I just keep getting an error message.

It took me a few days to get this message up.  I finally just uninstalled tapatalk.

So good news - a quick trip into the body shop, and they were able to bash the bumper back into useable shape.  The odd angle on the hitch was sorted out by loosening and retightening the bolts.  There is some cosmetic damage to the hitch, but nothing our insurance won't sort out.  

We managed to get on the road, and we are now happily at the Fort - on the 300 loop if anyone wants to drop by.  I'll pass over the days of travel and 

We spent a night with relatives in Greenville Illinois, then a couple of days on Ormond Beach, combined with a trip to the Kennedy Space Center, before arriving here.  We got to do the Halloween Party, but missed the golf cart parade.  So far, lots of fun.  Next was a day at animal kingdom.  Na'avi river journey was great, and Flight of Passage was amazing.  If you have a choice between the two for a Fastpass - go for the flight.  Sanaa restaurant at the Animal Kingdom Lodge was excellent - if you go there, get the candy bar dessert - its fabulous.

Today was a rope drop day at Universal Studios courtesy of grandma Suzee and Grandpa Mike.  Kids loved Diagon Alley and Hogsmead - try the hot butterbeer - it's kind of like hot ice cream - nice but you only need one.  DD was dissapointed as she didn't get to ride one of the big coasters there (one broke down, the other she needed a couple of extra inches).  Our eldest DS and DD both got into Olivanders early enough to do a wand choosing ceremony.  Our youngest DS then promptly disappeared, prompting a few minutes of frantic searching.  He was returned by a Olivanders wizard, who advised us that he had snuck in the back way to the wand choosing room, and charmed the witch there into helping him choose a wand.  All very cool.  

Early night tonight, and tomorrow will be Hollywood Studios.  Hopefully the kids will get to fight Darth Vader....

On 11/2/2018 at 3:21 PM, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

Dis you stay at Coral Sands in Ormond Beach? 

One day we plan to visit Universal but just haven't gone that route yet.

We did.  Its nice being this close to the beach, and we have stayed the before.  Hopefully they'll give the place a refresh before we come again.

19 hours ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

Glad you were able to get the hitch fixed and on the road. Sounds like you have been going non stop. 

It's been busy. We got to do Hollywood Studios on Friday.  The Frozen sing along was hilarious, better than we remembered.  The Indiana Jones stunt show was as good as before, though we noticed the audience was down from 3 years ago.  Loved the mini movie they make for you on memory maker, with the tower of terror.  The storm trooper patrol was appropriately menacing.  We were rained out from the Jedi training, but the kids got a photo shoot with Darth Vader, which was cool.  We ended the day with Fantasmic, which still seems to be one of the best Disney shows. 

Looks like the new star wars land will have some sort of gondola based ride.

Today was a quiet day beginning at Disney Springs.  Grandpa Mike picked up a Greg McCullough limited edition print (number two in the series).  I checked out one of his originals, a bargain at $72,000, but when I looked in my wallet, realised I was $71,995 short.  Better buy that lottery ticket.

IMG_20181103_917.jpg

IMG_20181103_58409.jpg

On 11/2/2018 at 12:51 PM, Seals said:

This is a great sentence!  

Sounds like you're packing in the fun

Lol.  It could use some work.

Our smallest took on the Sith Lord.

Here's a quick snap of the Rockin Rollin Coaster.  It blew the old guys hair right off, and the little guy beside him screamed the entire time.  We had fun.

IMG_20181104_15269.jpg

IMG_20181104_59541.jpg

10 hours ago, Keenfamily said:

The Frozen sing along was hilarious, better than we remembered.  

Looks like the new star wars land will have some sort of gondola based ride.

IMG_20181103_917.jpg

I bet you saw Ben working the Frozen show.  He's pretty funny.   

And I think that tower is for the new Skyliner gondolas. 

Sounds like you are having a great trip. 

A magic kingdom day today.  We had reservations for Be Our Guest at 8:05, but number one son and I skipped out when we realised how long the line was, caught the morning show instead. We had a nice breakfast at 9 at an empty Gastons tavern.  The warm cinnamon roles were great.  Dinner was take out from P&Js.  Great use of quick service points.

Here's a few pics of the day.

IMG_20181105_3414.jpg

IMG_20181105_37809.jpg