8 hours ago, Big35Lt said:

Man, I ask a question about car or golf cart a month ago, come back and it turns into how disney is a rip-off and overpriced. Haha. 

Well, to summarize our experience, turns out we were so happy with the car decision. For the price, IN OUR FAMILY’S opinion, it was very economical. We weren’t dependent on the buses, I feel in Disney that time is worth money. So we saved so much not waiting as long for travel. 

To everyone that says it’s becoming a rip-off, it may but our family visites every 2 years. We do not own a camper so we rent one from a company in Orlando. This was our second time renting to stay at the fort. The for 6 nights we paid $1400. 700 for the premium site and 700 for the camper. I do not feel that is too bad. If you were to rent a 1bd from Davids (i did own dvc at one time), i think a 33’ would be considered a 1br in dvc it can be anywhere from 2400(okw) to 4900. (GF preferred). Seeing when we go we are slight park commandos, so a room for us we are only in to sleep. So $1400 seems like a steal compared to the Deluxe hotels. 

Anywho, we enjoyed our trip and we like going every 2 yrs, and that’s our plan from now on. Plus our kids are 9&6, so we may need to tweak when we go (summer) as to not pull them from school. We have done that since our youngest started. I will say our only major negative was the amount of people in the parks starting the sunday of thanksgiving week. It was insane. We have never gone during a holiday and we WILL NEVER do it again. But we made it work. Thanks for all the thread replies and happy holidays. 

Glad you enjoyed your trip. We always drive to the parks, I agree at Disney time is money wasted at a bus stop when going to the parks. I also feel the Fort is the best option for us  at Disney and that is one reason we bought another toy hauler. We also quit the holidays at Disney just to many people.

On 12/1/2018 at 3:17 PM, Big35Lt said:

Man, I ask a question about car or golf cart a month ago, come back and it turns into how disney is a rip-off and overpriced. Haha. 

Well, to summarize our experience, turns out we were so happy with the car decision. For the price, IN OUR FAMILY’S opinion, it was very economical. We weren’t dependent on the buses, I feel in Disney that time is worth money. So we saved so much not waiting as long for travel. 

To everyone that says it’s becoming a rip-off, it may but our family visites every 2 years. We do not own a camper so we rent one from a company in Orlando. This was our second time renting to stay at the fort. The for 6 nights we paid $1400. 700 for the premium site and 700 for the camper. I do not feel that is too bad. If you were to rent a 1bd from Davids (i did own dvc at one time), i think a 33’ would be considered a 1br in dvc it can be anywhere from 2400(okw) to 4900. (GF preferred). Seeing when we go we are slight park commandos, so a room for us we are only in to sleep. So $1400 seems like a steal compared to the Deluxe hotels. 

Anywho, we enjoyed our trip and we like going every 2 yrs, and that’s our plan from now on. Plus our kids are 9&6, so we may need to tweak when we go (summer) as to not pull them from school. We have done that since our youngest started. I will say our only major negative was the amount of people in the parks starting the sunday of thanksgiving week. It was insane. We have never gone during a holiday and we WILL NEVER do it again. But we made it work. Thanks for all the thread replies and happy holidays. 

Glad you had a good trip! 

Oh and threads taking a hard left is pretty common around here.  LOL

We're in NH so for us the Fort isn't just another camping weekend it's typically our annual vacation.  We've looked at other options, including renting a beach house up this way in the winter (when it should be cheap, right?)  - nothing we've come up with so far stacks up in terms of cost to what we get out of a couple of weeks stay at the Fort. And even comparing camping experiences - the only campground up this way that comes close to the Fort charges only a bit less than the Fort does, and there's not anywhere near as much stuff to do nearby. And I definitely can't take a boat to dinner.  ;)

So while the costs keeps going up (and yeah, it's a concern but it's happening everywhere) we're still very much in the camp of it being worth it for us.

How did you score 6 premium nights for $700?   That’s cheap.  Glad you enjoyed the fort. Sorry for maybe starting the rip off thing. I guess if your one of those people who save up for years for that magical Disney vacation and live in another part of the country, $75 a day for a golf cart is nothing.  We used to be weekend warriors for years at the fort and used to score a reservation a few weeks prior.  To us, everything is just out of control at Disney. Again, just my opinion 

11 hours ago, Starbuc71 said:

How did you score 6 premium nights for $700?   That’s cheap.  Glad you enjoyed the fort. Sorry for maybe starting the rip off thing. I guess if your one of those people who save up for years for that magical Disney vacation and live in another part of the country, $75 a day for a golf cart is nothing.  We used to be weekend warriors for years at the fort and used to score a reservation a few weeks prior.  To us, everything is just out of control at Disney. Again, just my opinion 

Don't apologize.  It is true, the prices of the Fort (and Disney in general) have gotten really high.  Possibly not higher than any other resort, but still:  high.   If you've camped at the Fort for years, you remember the glory days.  If you've visited the parks for years, you remember when you didn't have the feeling of always being nose to nose with other guests.  Are there still times when the crowds are not horrible, horrible?  Yes.  But anymore, that's a tough window to find.

Thing is...for those of us who remember how Disney used to be, there is an entirely new group of guests who simply have no idea.  Those are the folks that will continue to pump money into Disney.  That will always happen, which is why Disney will always be around.

But, even for those of us who are being priced out.... Disney (and our memories) still bring a smile.  The magic was there and (if you get lucky) there's a special trip, where you still get to experience it.

19 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Disney needs to build a new park in Texas with a campground I really think it would help. At least it would help me.😆

Don’t get that old rumor started again. LOL that being said I would love to see one built down in Texas somewhere.