A 40th Birthday Surprise, A Fun Experience at Disney Springs

My oldest daughter turns 40 on 11/5 and since she was going to be visiting WDW this past weekend we decided to surprise her with this on Saturday morning.  My wife and her attended, while myself another daughter and granddaughter hung out and watched the grand re-opening of World of Disney. 

While waiting I had the breakfast poutine.  That is a must have if you're at Disney Springs in the morning!

This is an old description, because they now have the classes on Fridays and Saturdays also for a total of 6 per week.  Not sure what other day they dropped.

They come around 3 times with refreshments (drinks) and you get a goodie bag to take home besides the cake.  Theirs had a box of macarons and a Mickey shaped brownie.

They both had a great time, and said it was interesting.  

My daughter originally thought her surprise was we got her to be the Grand Marshal in the MK parade.

Cake Decorating Experience at Amorette's Patisserie

Create an Edible Work of Art

Master the culinary technique that goes into decorating Amorette’s signature Character Dome Cakes.

Ever since the bakery opened in 2016, its Disney-themed cakes have created quite the stir. Consisting of flavored chiffon cake, mousse and fruit jelly, these showstoppers elicit a chorus of “oohs” and “aahs” everywhere they’re presented.

Now you can take your own dessert game up a notch by signing up for a special 90-minute cake decorating experience. You’ll gather in Amorette’s Show Kitchen before the shop officially opens for the day―the very same place Disney pastry artists skillfully blend artistry with storytelling in order to create some of the most enchanting confections around.

During this small-group lesson, your instructor will share insider stories and tips, while describing the process of cake decorating from design to completion. You’ll learn how to pour glaçage and coat Mickey’s sculpted ears, tail, belt and buttons with edible paint.

Best part? Non-alcoholic and alcoholic refreshments are included during this experience―and you can take your masterpiece home or back to your hotel to share with family and friends, along with a gift from Amorette’s Patisserie as a reward for your artistic efforts. Amorette’s Patisserie will also be happy to hold onto it for pick up later in the day, so you can freely explore Disney Springs at your leisure.

Class Days and Cake Designs
Cake-decorating experiences are offered Sunday through Thursday—and the cake design varies based on the day of the week. Choose from 2 different Character Cake designs:

• Classic Mickey Design: Featured in Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday classes
  • Artist’s Choice Character Dome Cake:Featured in Monday and Wednesday classes

Price
$149 plus tax, which covers up to 2 Guests decorating one cake. Guests must be at least 10 years of age to participate. If you wish to make a reservation for more than 2 people, you will need to make more than one reservation.

Class Capacity
14 Guests total

Know Before You Go

Review important details about this cake-decorating experience.

• Cake-decorating classes are held Sunday through Thursday mornings beginning at 9:00 AM.
  • Decorated character cakes will be packaged for Guests. Additional items may be purchased prior to the location opening.
  • Beverages include specialty coffees, bottled water, mimosas and Bellinis.
  • Discounts do not apply.
  • Disney Springs opens to Guests at 8:00 AM. Guests staying at Disney Resort hotels should refer to the transportation schedule or check with the concierge for available transportation.

Between the two of them, they had 5 Mimosas and a coffee.

We roughly figured out what the cost of the experience was, and it was around $135 with the cost of the cake, the drinks, and the goodie bag.

The cake comes out to the table pre-made and frozen.  The guests do all of the decorating.

6 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

That’s pretty cool. End it sounds like something I would like to try one day.

The cake was good, not $60 good (walk in price) but you are paying for the uniqueness and Disney theming.

On Friday we bought two of the Orange Bird limited cakes.  They were a little bigger than cupcakes and had an orange/lemon mousse filling.

They made 100 to go with the Friday release of the Funko Diamond Edition Orange Bird at World of Disney

1 minute ago, Travisma said:

The cake was good, not $60 good (walk in price) but you are paying for the uniqueness and Disney theming.

On Friday we bought two of the Orange Bird limited cakes.  They were a little bigger than cupcakes and had an orange/lemon mousse filling.

They made 100 to go with the Friday release of the Funko Diamond Edition Orange Bird at World of Disney

$60. Wow!!!

how much was the cupcake?

16 hours ago, Travisma said:

My wife is jealous, she was debating making a trip on Saturday for a cake and Funko Pop but they were sold out by then. 

20 minutes ago, slices said:

My wife is jealous, she was debating making a trip on Saturday for a cake and Funko Pop but they were sold out by then. 

I know the cakes were gone on Friday, but  the Orange Birds were still there Saturday morning after the grand opening.

They were letting people buy multiples of them, some people had their shopping baskets full, and others were walking around with 4 pack cases of them.

Saturday they had the release of the Funko  Redheaded wench/pirate from POC over at the pin traders store.

2 hours ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

That sounds like a fun experience. Pricey, but definitely a unique 40th birthday present. Has she gotten over not being the Grand Marshall in the MK parade? 

Yes it was pricey, but what at Disney isn't?  We priced it out afterwards, and taking away the cost of the cake, goodies and Mimosas if you bought them, the class came out to about $20 for the 2 of them.

Yes she got over it.