Before we permanently relocated to Florida we made a yearly trek from Maryland to Florida. First, we stayed in hotels on our southern drive as we always stayed at a Disney on property resort. More truth in advertising, I haven't stayed at the Fort since 1976. Now that that's out of the way I'll combine the two. We've made more than a few southern trips from Maryland to Florida in our RV. Mostly to Naples and Tallahassee but the breakaway has either been 10 across or I-4 out of Jacksonville. Soooo... the southern route. We take 95 south to Rt 301 and cross the Harry Nice bridge to King George VA. I personally hate 95 in northern VA so much that I pay a $36 toll to cross what I call "ass clencher bridge". 

If you're coming from further north you might consider Americamps RV resort in Richmond VA. Very nice place and Big Rig friendly. Not a place we stop at on all trips south.

Our first stop from leaving home was Fayettville RV Resort In Fayettville NC. All our stops are big rig friendly, and they are all just off of I-95. The last stop south is Coastal Georgia RV Resort. It's in the area of Brunswick. From there, it a short 3 hour trip to Disney.

All of the places mentioned above have nice facilities and full hook up level sites. 

I'd post some pictures of each but there is a size limit that's way smaller than anything I have. 

Hope this helps somebody who might be in the planning stage looking for a nice overnight stop. All are nice for a bit of a stay as well.

19 minutes ago, Country Coach Guy said:

We take 95 south to Rt 301 and cross the Harry Nice bridge to King George VA. I personally hate 95 in northern VA so much that I pay a $36 toll to cross what I call "ass clencher bridge". 

I sent a buddy of mine from north Jersey across the Harry Nice bridge once to meet us in Va. he said there at nothing F$%^# nice about that bridge, I would like to say that he is finally speaking to me again. :ROFLMAO-1:

5 minutes ago, dblr....Rennie said:

I sent a buddy of mine from north Jersey across the Harry Nice bridge once to meet us in Va. he said there at nothing F$%^# nice about that bridge, I would like to say that he is finally speaking to me again. :ROFLMAO-1:

You must know then how much I hate 95 south in northern VA to put up with it. Came close to clacking mirrors more than once with semi's. 

25 minutes ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

Thanks for the information. Where in Maryland are you from? My family moved there when I was in middle school. We lived in Columbia. I went to college at Salisbury. Also went a semester to Mount Saint Mary's in Emmitsburg. 

Actually have lived all over, but the last 17 years in Sykesville/Eldersburg. We are now full time Florida residents. Yayyy! No more snow, cold or raking leaves! Did I say no more snow? Ha!

8 hours ago, Country Coach Guy said:

Actually have lived all over, but the last 17 years in Sykesville/Eldersburg. We are now full time Florida residents. Yayyy! No more snow, cold or raking leaves! Did I say no more snow? Ha!

I have friends from that area. I really like it there. 

On 11/3/2018 at 1:37 PM, Country Coach Guy said:

You in a condo?  We still have leaves and keep mowing until close to December...

23 hours ago, Travisma said:

You in a condo?  We still have leaves and keep mowing until close to December...

I have no leaves now cause I'm in Florida! But we had almost an acre. We started raking about mid October and normally finished in January. That was until we had a real windy day and the neighbor's leaves came into our yard and it started again! 

17 minutes ago, Country Coach Guy said:

I have no leaves now cause I'm in Florida! But we had almost an acre. We started raking about mid October and normally finished in January. That was until we had a real windy day and the neighbor's leaves came into our yard and it started again! 

We have leaves and we're in FL.  Well, we will have less since we had 2 big trees cut down in the front of our house this summer.

14 minutes ago, Travisma said:

We have leaves and we're in FL.  Well, we will have less since we had 2 big trees cut down in the front of our house this summer.

Ok, gotchya! I don't have any trees. In fact, when we landscaped my wife specifically said she wanted NOTHING that you would see in Maryland. There is a couple of oaks down at the edge of the lake but no leaves in our yard.

10 hours ago, Country Coach Guy said:

Ok, gotchya! I don't have any trees. In fact, when we landscaped my wife specifically said she wanted NOTHING that you would see in Maryland. There is a couple of oaks down at the edge of the lake but no leaves in our yard.

Anytime someone would come visit us in MD the first thing they would typically say is that there are a lot of trees here. They line the BW Parkway and I think every other highway in the state. 

• 5 months later...
On 11/4/2018 at 10:51 PM, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Hi and welcome to the group, Country Coach Guy!  My name stands for Country Coach Intrigue.  Nice to have another Country Coach owner here.  Would love to see pictures of your rig.

Hi Gwen, I really apologize, I just saw this post almost 6 months after you put it up! I figured out your handle as soon as I saw it. I have one picture in the "About me" section. I have a bunch but they don't allow pictures that big. If you're still interested let me know and I can text some or email them. I'd like to see your rig as well! Ok, that worked. only small picture I have.

For profile picture test 1.jpg

On 11/3/2018 at 1:09 PM, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

Thanks for the information. Where in Maryland are you from? My family moved there when I was in middle school. We lived in Columbia. I went to college at Salisbury. Also went a semester to Mount Saint Mary's in Emmitsburg. 

My Mom lives in Salisbury.  I also worked for Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia for 17 years.

On 5/2/2019 at 5:46 AM, kadancer said:

My Mom lives in Salisbury.  I also worked for Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia for 17 years.

I enjoyed many concerts there in my teens and 20's. 

I like Salisbury. Of course it probably looks nothing like it did back in the late 80s and early 90s. 

On 5/3/2019 at 4:58 PM, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

I enjoyed many concerts there in my teens and 20's. 

I like Salisbury. Of course it probably looks nothing like it did back in the late 80s and early 90s. 

Salisbury has changed a lot, especially the college.  I worked for the theatre through the 80's and most of the 90's - it was a great job for a single gal, but not for raising a family.

On 5/4/2019 at 7:52 PM, kadancer said:

Salisbury has changed a lot, especially the college.  I worked for the theatre through the 80's and most of the 90's - it was a great job for a single gal, but not for raising a family.

That was when I was going to concerts there. I also worked at the Ryland corporate office right across from Merriweather in the 90s. I was one of the payroll admins. 

It really is a small world! 

On 5/5/2019 at 11:07 PM, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

That was when I was going to concerts there. I also worked at the Ryland corporate office right across from Merriweather in the 90s. I was one of the payroll admins. 

It really is a small world! 

It is isn't it....plus I actually like that song stuck in my head.

On 5/4/2019 at 7:52 PM, kadancer said:

I just thought of something and you will probably remember this too. One of the best concerts I ever attended at Merriweather was a Beach Boys concert. It was pouring down rain. My friends and I were sitting in the lawn. Katrina and the Waves open up for them. They started playing "Walking on Sunshine." Everyone was dancing in the rain and beach balls were flying through the air. 

19 hours ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

I just thought of something and you will probably remember this too. One of the best concerts I ever attended at Merriweather was a Beach Boys concert. It was pouring down rain. My friends and I were sitting in the lawn. Katrina and the Waves open up for them. They started playing "Walking on Sunshine." Everyone was dancing in the rain and beach balls were flying through the air

You bunch of drugged out hippie freaks!!!  :grimace:

On 5/9/2019 at 1:43 PM, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

I just thought of something and you will probably remember this too. One of the best concerts I ever attended at Merriweather was a Beach Boys concert. It was pouring down rain. My friends and I were sitting in the lawn. Katrina and the Waves open up for them. They started playing "Walking on Sunshine." Everyone was dancing in the rain and beach balls were flying through the air. 

I do remember that night.  The lawn was a sloppy mess when everyone went home and I was grateful that I was not on the clean-up crew.

• 3 weeks later...