Before we permanently relocated to Florida we made a yearly trek from Maryland to Florida. First, we stayed in hotels on our southern drive as we always stayed at a Disney on property resort. More truth in advertising, I haven't stayed at the Fort since 1976. Now that that's out of the way I'll combine the two. We've made more than a few southern trips from Maryland to Florida in our RV. Mostly to Naples and Tallahassee but the breakaway has either been 10 across or I-4 out of Jacksonville. Soooo... the southern route. We take 95 south to Rt 301 and cross the Harry Nice bridge to King George VA. I personally hate 95 in northern VA so much that I pay a $36 toll to cross what I call "ass clencher bridge". 

If you're coming from further north you might consider Americamps RV resort in Richmond VA. Very nice place and Big Rig friendly. Not a place we stop at on all trips south.

Our first stop from leaving home was Fayettville RV Resort In Fayettville NC. All our stops are big rig friendly, and they are all just off of I-95. The last stop south is Coastal Georgia RV Resort. It's in the area of Brunswick. From there, it a short 3 hour trip to Disney.

All of the places mentioned above have nice facilities and full hook up level sites. 

I'd post some pictures of each but there is a size limit that's way smaller than anything I have. 

Hope this helps somebody who might be in the planning stage looking for a nice overnight stop. All are nice for a bit of a stay as well.

19 minutes ago, Country Coach Guy said:

We take 95 south to Rt 301 and cross the Harry Nice bridge to King George VA. I personally hate 95 in northern VA so much that I pay a $36 toll to cross what I call "ass clencher bridge". 

I sent a buddy of mine from north Jersey across the Harry Nice bridge once to meet us in Va. he said there at nothing F$%^# nice about that bridge, I would like to say that he is finally speaking to me again. :ROFLMAO-1:

5 minutes ago, dblr....Rennie said:

I sent a buddy of mine from north Jersey across the Harry Nice bridge once to meet us in Va. he said there at nothing F$%^# nice about that bridge, I would like to say that he is finally speaking to me again. :ROFLMAO-1:

You must know then how much I hate 95 south in northern VA to put up with it. Came close to clacking mirrors more than once with semi's. 

25 minutes ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

Thanks for the information. Where in Maryland are you from? My family moved there when I was in middle school. We lived in Columbia. I went to college at Salisbury. Also went a semester to Mount Saint Mary's in Emmitsburg. 

Actually have lived all over, but the last 17 years in Sykesville/Eldersburg. We are now full time Florida residents. Yayyy! No more snow, cold or raking leaves! Did I say no more snow? Ha!

8 hours ago, Country Coach Guy said:

Actually have lived all over, but the last 17 years in Sykesville/Eldersburg. We are now full time Florida residents. Yayyy! No more snow, cold or raking leaves! Did I say no more snow? Ha!

I have friends from that area. I really like it there. 

On 11/3/2018 at 1:37 PM, Country Coach Guy said:

You in a condo?  We still have leaves and keep mowing until close to December...

23 hours ago, Travisma said:

You in a condo?  We still have leaves and keep mowing until close to December...

I have no leaves now cause I'm in Florida! But we had almost an acre. We started raking about mid October and normally finished in January. That was until we had a real windy day and the neighbor's leaves came into our yard and it started again! 

17 minutes ago, Country Coach Guy said:

I have no leaves now cause I'm in Florida! But we had almost an acre. We started raking about mid October and normally finished in January. That was until we had a real windy day and the neighbor's leaves came into our yard and it started again! 

We have leaves and we're in FL.  Well, we will have less since we had 2 big trees cut down in the front of our house this summer.

14 minutes ago, Travisma said:

We have leaves and we're in FL.  Well, we will have less since we had 2 big trees cut down in the front of our house this summer.

Ok, gotchya! I don't have any trees. In fact, when we landscaped my wife specifically said she wanted NOTHING that you would see in Maryland. There is a couple of oaks down at the edge of the lake but no leaves in our yard.

10 hours ago, Country Coach Guy said:

Ok, gotchya! I don't have any trees. In fact, when we landscaped my wife specifically said she wanted NOTHING that you would see in Maryland. There is a couple of oaks down at the edge of the lake but no leaves in our yard.

Anytime someone would come visit us in MD the first thing they would typically say is that there are a lot of trees here. They line the BW Parkway and I think every other highway in the state.