Walk from 500 loop to boat launch?

We're making our first visit to the campground in January. We've booked a premium site. We will have dogs with us, have a 44' RV and will have a toad. I want to solidify my loop request. I'm leaning towards asking for the 500 loop, because the "Sites at the Fort" apps shows most of the sites as easy to back in. How long would the walk be from the 500 loop to the boat launch, as compared with the 700 loop? 

Thanks in advance!

We are traveling with some friends and when we made the reservations it was for two premium sites together. We were told that it would be no problem by our agent. Anybody have an opinion on the likelihood of getting those two sites together in the 500 loop? Another friend recommended it as being the best as far as big rig friendly.

On 11/5/2018 at 6:28 PM, Big35Lt said:

Just an FYI, I check in next Wednesday 14th, i called front desk at Fort and was told loop requests can be done 10 days out. I requested the 4/500 loop. I will let you know next week. 

Great! Looking forward to hearing about your stay.

On 11/7/2018 at 10:06 AM, Country Coach Guy said:

We are traveling with some friends and when we made the reservations it was for two premium sites together. We were told that it would be no problem by our agent. Anybody have an opinion on the likelihood of getting those two sites together in the 500 loop? Another friend recommended it as being the best as far as big rig friendly.

We have been lucky to get sites next to each other or across from each other when we have had our reservations linked with friends as traveling together.  Whoever checks in first makes sure to check that they know we are traveling together.  We have had to pass on a preferred site or loop to get sites next to each other. It all depends on the time of year you are going.

On 11/8/2018 at 8:09 PM, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

We have been lucky to get sites next to each other or across from each other when we have had our reservations linked with friends as traveling together.  Whoever checks in first makes sure to check that they know we are traveling together.  We have had to pass on a preferred site or loop to get sites next to each other. It all depends on the time of year you are going.

Thanks! We're going to be there Dec. 12-18th. 

• 2 months later...

Just a follow up to my original post. We spent two wonderful weeks in the 500 loop. To get to the Settlement area and boat launch, we just walked the path past the comfort station to the main road and turned right, as suggested above by DavelnTN.    

This was our first visit to the campground, and we've been bitten by the Fort WIlderness bug. We literally bought the t-shirts, and we're booked for a return visit in November.  Thanks to everyone who offered advice!            

3 hours ago, PandS said:

This was our first visit to the campground, and we've been bitten by the Fort WIlderness bug. We literally bought the t-shirts, and we're booked for a return visit in November.  Thanks to everyone who offered advice!            

Yep... that's usually what happens!! 🤣

2 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

You missed the most important part of PandS's post.  I was right!   😂

Oh dear... there will be no living with him now...

On 1/26/2019 at 8:00 AM, PandS said:

Just a follow up to my original post. We spent two wonderful weeks in the 500 loop. To get to the Settlement area and boat launch, we just walked the path past the comfort station to the main road and turned right, as suggested above by DavelnTN.    

Dear Lord, please don't feed the Dave

On 1/26/2019 at 9:19 AM, DaveInTN said:

You missed the most important part of PandS's post.  I was right!   😂

Yes, you were! Every time we walked to the Settlement area, I would say, "Wow! That DaveInTN sure knew what he was talking about!  He SAVED our trip!".  😁

My husband would respond with something like, "Do you have your Magic Band?"

Susan

1 hour ago, PandS said:

Yes, you were! Every time we walked to the Settlement area, I would say, "Wow! That DaveInTN sure knew what he was talking about!  He SAVED our trip!".  😁

Susan

See....you get it.  We need more people like you around here.  

20 hours ago, PandS said:

Susan

Please stop you'll only make his head bigger than it already is. :lol:

19 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

See....you get it.  We need more people like you around here.  

Has anyone notified INC that she has a problem?