The Seas getting an Update?

Fairly long article....

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2018/11/05/epcots-giant-aquarium-might-be-getting-a-giant-remodel

Epcot's giant aquarium might be getting a giant remodel

On the WDWMagic forums, a board was started to discuss Sanders’ post. Less than four hours after the discussion went live, notable insider Magic Feather stated that they were personally familiar with some previous proposals to the pavilion, though it is unclear whether any of those proposals are the ones Disney may currently be looking at. 

“There have been a few proposals for Seas over the last few years, one of which got surprisingly close to happening. One or two of the responses on that survey actually point to a proposal or two. So far though, I have yet to hear much more as to whether these projects have developed.

Also, I have yet to hear of a project that involves removing the aquariums.”

Later in the same message board well-known insider Martin, known on the WDWMagic forums as Marni1971, chimed in hinting that an E-Ticket attraction may be in the works for the Seas pavilion. There is a large pad on the backside of the building where a dark ride was once proposed. That project never materialized and the land is still mostly sitting empty. 

After some speculation by other members, Martin then confirmed that what he heard regarding the proposed updates are not the Crush coaster that the Studios park in Paris has nor the Nemo SeaRider simulator found in Tokyo DisneySea. The previously proposed rainforest themed roller coaster is also not what he was referencing. He explained that there's a current proposal for the pavilion and despite current Nemo theming the project may not be tied to an intellectual property. 

It should be noted that a survey is one of the first things Disney does when working on a proposed new attraction and often those projects do not move forward. It’s unclear how developed the Seas proposal is. 

2 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

There is room for a building about the size of Mission: Space between The Seas and The Land.  Not that I expect anything to be built there.  The Seas is a huge pavilion as it is, and I'd think it could be updated in a pretty exciting way if they wanted to do it.  

That says it all.....