New Years Eve Beach party at the Fort

I am seriously disgruntled about this but sharing it anyway. I haven’t seen this in my emails elsewhere yet but with pricing and a place to call I imagine it will be along shorty  

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/disney-announces-new-years-eve-fort-wilderness-beach-dessert-party/

Walt Disney World has just announced a new way for guests to ring in the new year from Clementine’s Beach at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground – a new dessert party serving up delectable sweets and specialty beverages with beautiful views of the Seven Seas Lagoon and the fireworks spectacular from Magic Kingdom Park.

Kick off your evening by indulging in an assortment of freshly prepared desserts, seasonal fruits, flavorful cheeses, and refreshments—including beer and wine.

The party will take place on December 31, 2018, from 10:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. on January 1, 2019. Cost is $99 per adult and $59 per child (ages 3 to 9) not including tax; gratuity not included or required.

Reservations are strongly recommended and can be made either online or by calling (407) WDW-DINE.

Click the following link for details and information on other happenings at the Walt Disney World Resort on New Year’s Eve.

Was just getting ready to post this... you beat me to it.

I would hope that they would close off a portion at the far end near River Country/fishing excursion boats like they did that 4th of July for the private party.

If they restrict access to the entire beach, they will have a major uprising on their hands and would need more than Park Rangers to quell a riot situation.

3 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Was just getting ready to post this... you beat me to it.

I would hope that they would close off a portion at the far end near River Country/fishing excursion boats like they did that 4th of July for the private party.

If they restrict access to the entire beach, they will have a major uprising on their hands and would need more than Park Rangers to quell a riot situation.

It’s my only hope as well. If not they will definitely need riot police and have a major problem on their hands. 

More ore likely though they will shove us down there and give the paying guests the best views. 

Wasn't there a special event at Backyard BBQ last year, I guess it makes sense that they would offer an alternative given that is closing.   Looks like the soonest I could even consider being at the Fort over NYE is 2020, so goodness knows what they will charge for by then.

19 hours ago, Travisma said:

One thing I noticed, is either a typo or something else.... beautiful views of the Seven Seas Lagoon.  Clementine Beach is on Bay Lake.  It's pretty hard to see Seven Seas from there even during the day.

Hah!  Good catch.

Private parties are usually on the far end of the beach but it's true you don't get much of a view from there. 

They can't block off access to the dock (can they?), but they could potentially rope off the area immediately around it - and you're right, there would be an uprising.

Maybe they'll setup on the right side, behind the marina building.  Kind of out of the way so that you're not blocking out Fort guests, plenty of space, and good views for fireworks.

On 11/6/2018 at 4:07 PM, slices said:

Wasn't there a special event at Backyard BBQ last year, I guess it makes sense that they would offer an alternative given that is closing.   Looks like the soonest I could even consider being at the Fort over NYE is 2020, so goodness knows what they will charge for by then.

Yes there was a new event at the Backyard BBQ last year. We discussed it on this thread: 

Last year, it was $95 for four hours which included a buffet and live music. 

This year it's $99 for 2 1/2 hours and AYCE cupcakes. 

Wow. 

TCD

Got an official email from Disney today in my TA emails and it reads almost word for word the same. Including the wrong body of water. 

Reservations are now available for the Fort Wilderness Beach Dessert Party. At this New Year’s Eve celebration, your Clients can delight in delectable sweets and specialty beverages as they savor scenic views of the Seven Seas Lagoon. The evening will kick off with an assortment of desserts, seasonal fruits, cheeses and refreshments- including beer and wine. Your Clients will also have the opportunity to watch the stunning Magic Kingdom® fireworks display and raise a glass to exciting things to come in 2019!  

The Fort Wilderness Beach Dessert Party takes place on Dec. 31, 2018 from 10 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. on Clementine’s Beach at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. The cost is $99 per adult and $59 per child (ages 3 to 9) plus tax. Gratuity is not included or required. Reservations can be made by calling 407-939-3463 or visiting Disneyworld.com/dining.

I asked through the travel agent portal for any details on where on the beach or if it was all. They ignored me the first time so I asked again. and again. 

Finally I got this back in return which of course tells us nothing. 

Greetings - This event will take place on Clementine's Beach at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. No further details regarding the specific area of the beach used for this event is available at this time. Thank you and have a Magical day!

18 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I asked through the travel agent portal for any details on where on the beach or if it was all. They ignored me the first time so I asked again. and again. 

Finally I got this back in return which of course tells us nothing. 

Greetings - This event will take place on Clementine's Beach at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. No further details regarding the specific area of the beach used for this event is available at this time. Thank you and have a Magical day!

They must either be lawyers or former government officials where everything is in the grey area and a lot of doublespeak.

How do you plan something, make the announcement and not release the details?  especially to people that are supposed to be bringing in business to you.

7 minutes ago, Travisma said:

They must either be lawyers or former government officials where everything is in the grey area and a lot of doublespeak.

How do you plans something, make the announcement and not release the details?  especially to people that are supposed to be bringing in business to you.

I'm guessing they are looking at how many tickets they sell, what the weather is like, etc., before they decide what area of the beach to take over. If weather is bad, the actual party will be at the backyard barbecue pavilion and they put some EZ-Ups on the beach for the actual fireworks. Only sell a few tickets, they make a small area. Way oversell, and they take over a larger area.