New Years Eve Beach party at the Fort

This is odd. 

The check-in for the party is behind the Settlement Trading Post:

IMG_3646_zpsxm57vxbk.jpeg

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/beach-dessert-party/?CMP=ILC-DPFY19Q1wo1115181121180028C

It makes me wonder if they're going to have guests walk up the path behind the trading post to a spot on the beach on the east side of the marina. That would be more secluded, but not typically where they have private parties  

TCD

8 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

This is odd. 

The check-in for the party is behind the Settlement Trading Post:

IMG_3646_zpsxm57vxbk.jpeg

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/beach-dessert-party/?CMP=ILC-DPFY19Q1wo1115181121180028C

It makes me wonder if they're going to have guests walk up the path behind the trading post to a spot on the beach on the east side of the marina. That would be more secluded, but not typically where they have private parties  

TCD

Is this a normal cancellation time?

• Guests who do not cancel their reservation within 120 hours of the event will forfeit the entire ticket price.
8 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Is this a normal cancellation time?

• Guests who do not cancel their reservation within 120 hours of the event will forfeit the entire ticket price.

I don't recall ever seeing that for one of these events. The typical cancellation time is 24 hours- this one is not stated as 5 days, but as 120 hours- very specific. It makes me wonder if they want to be able to pull the plug if bookings aren't good. 

Since this thing is outside, it's unfair to guests who might want to cancel if the weather forecast gets bad.  Disney wins again.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I don't recall ever seeing that for one of these events. The typical cancellation time is 24 hours- this one is not stated as 5 days, but as 120 hours- very specific. It makes me wonder if they want to be able to pull the plug if bookings aren't good. 

Since this thing is outside, it's unfair to guests who might want to cancel if the weather forecast gets bad.  Disney wins again.

TCD

They did say it's outside and subject to weather conditions, and that it may be relocated or cancelled completely.

They also warned that it'll be sandy and to wear appropriate footwear.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

They did say it's outside and subject to weather conditions, and that it may be relocated or cancelled completely.

They also warned that it'll be sandy and to wear appropriate footwear.

Right- but Disney gets to decide whether to cancel or move the event. The customer has no choice in the matter after the 5 day mark. 

TCD

15 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Right- but Disney gets to decide whether to cancel or move the event. The customer has no choice in the matter after the 5 day mark. 

TCD

True, but if inclement weather, they will move it inside, have a CM safely running around with lit sparklers while another CM plays Disney tunes on a kazoo.  Fireworks and piped in music!

Absolutely no reason someone should cancel after the 120 hour mark because of weather!

Like you said Disney always wins.

And they still have the line in the description as you savor scenic views of the Seven Seas Lagoon.   maybe they are going to have big screen TVs set up to show the Lagoon instead of Bay Lake?

On 11/15/2018 at 4:20 PM, Katman1356...Jason said:

I asked through the travel agent portal for any details on where on the beach or if it was all. They ignored me the first time so I asked again. and again. 

Finally I got this back in return which of course tells us nothing. 

Greetings - This event will take place on Clementine's Beach at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. No further details regarding the specific area of the beach used for this event is available at this time. Thank you and have a Magical day!

I tried finding out as well.... no luck.

On 11/16/2018 at 7:35 AM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I'm guessing they are looking at how many tickets they sell, what the weather is like, etc., before they decide what area of the beach to take over. If weather is bad, the actual party will be at the backyard barbecue pavilion and they put some EZ-Ups on the beach for the actual fireworks. Only sell a few tickets, they make a small area. Way oversell, and they take over a larger area.

That's what I'm thinking as well.