A Day Late and Much More than a Dollar Short!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just found a deal!  New Nikon D7500 will arrive at the Fort on Monday!

I just returned home after being at the Fort with Gwen and David for a week.  Let me tell you, Gwen was in terrible pain, but - like the trooper she is - she didn't let that stop her.  She and David w

Yesterday we drove over 500 miles.  Stopped in St. Augustine and spent the night at the Flying J.  Left there this morning around 5:30 and arrived at the Fort a couple of hours later.  Boy, is it crow

11 minutes ago, Beckers said:

I’d document everything and send an email. I’d copy whoever the fort manager is (we had a letter at all star sports saying who it was) and I’d copy the regular Disney email.  It’s BS 

The problem is that the Fort management knows about this BS and has absolutely no problem with it. 

They have jacked up the prices so high that a lot of regular campers stopped coming. In their place, we now have mobs of non-campers who load up the campsites and break all the rules. But, look how many golf carts they rented. And they're going to spend money in the trading posts and at the bars and restaurants, right?  The Fort management rolls out the red carpet for these folks. They don't care about rinky dink people like Gwen.

TCD

41 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I'm really surprised tent shenanigans are on the 700 loop. I know there are a couple of other sites with trailers in their group, but most tent folks stay away from 700 and 600 due to lack of comfort station.

It's indicative of how much the problem has grown. Regular campers stay away and are replaced by these obnoxious rule-breaking mobs. That crap used to be relegated to the 2000 loop, but now it has spread throughout the campground. Next year, more real campers will call it quits, but that just frees up more space for the hobo camps. 

TCD

Update.  As of this morning, they've added one more tent and one more canopy to their site.  One family tried to park their golf cart on our site, and I gave them the evil eye.  Tonight both carts are gone, and two cars are also gone.  Hope they don't come back!

I must say that this is a rather quiet group, especially late at night.  That's a blessing.

This afternoon we went to Animal Kingdom.  It's the first time we've seen the park at night.  I took almost 300 pictures, so it's gonna take me awhile to sort through them all.  We spent some time in Pandora and then saw Finding Nemo.  David and I agreed that the show has changed since we last saw it.  Anyone else have comments?

We saw Rivers of Light for the first time.  I'd read a lot of negative comments about it and didn't know what to expect.  I was pleasantly surprised.  David thought it was so-so.

What really disappointed me was Pandora at night.  It was dark and boring! Overall Animal Kingdom was boring in the dark.

But I must say they have the best nighttime Christmas tree!  Unfortunately my camera battery died, and I didn't get a photo of it.  Loved the red and white lights.

It's true we came every thanksgiving for many years but 2015 was are last year at Thanksgiving I had enough. The parks are packed and the Fort was crazy. The middle of summer was calmer at both places. This past September crowd levels were really nice but it was way to hot.

8 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

It's true we came every thanksgiving for many years but 2015 was are last year at Thanksgiving I had enough. The parks are packed and the Fort was crazy.

Next week is usually a much better week. We did the week after for numerous years and it wasn't bad.

12 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Update.  As of this morning, they've added one more tent and one more canopy to their site.  One family tried to park their golf cart on our site, and I gave them the evil eye.  Tonight both carts are gone, and two cars are also gone.  Hope they don't come back!

I hope they're gone when I get there.  I don't want them stealing my parking place when I'm visiting at your site!

19 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

I’m in! Great pictures!

The tents are ridiculous. Have you talked to the desk? I’m just curious what they’d say. 

If you love Tutto Italia, I highly recommend the wine bar next door. Great small plates!

Thanks.  No, we didn't talk to the desk.  When we got home last night, the carts and extra cars were gone  I have a feeling another Fiend who's also on 700 talked to them.

12 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Next week is usually a much better week. We did the week after for numerous years and it wasn't bad.

That's what we're hoping for!

8 hours ago, Okieatheart said:

I hope they're gone when I get there.  I don't want them stealing my parking place when I'm visiting at your site!

Jean Ann, I'm praying they leave on Sunday!  Although I must say they've been quieter and calmer than I anticipated.

16 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

That is true we have done that week also, but if you go the week after that it's a little better.

On 11/21/2018 at 1:07 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

It's indicative of how much the problem has grown. Regular campers stay away and are replaced by these obnoxious rule-breaking mobs. That crap used to be relegated to the 2000 loop, but now it has spread throughout the campground. Next year, more real campers will call it quits, but that just frees up more space for the hobo camps. 

TCD

I don't disagree, but there doesn't seem to be too many shanigans this holiday. I'm looping every loop each morning and night....except for the Wolf Pack I doubt there are 5 sites where things are out of hand. Caveat....i stay out of the 2000 loop. It is a combination of Mogadishu and Syria. 

17 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

We ended up at the pool.  The kids were itching to swim

Good for them!

Tomorrow morning we're having brunch at TE at 9.  Then driving to Brandon to visit my aunt.  Should be home by mid-afternoon.  Will message you my phone number.  If the cart is gone and you can come by, call me and we'll hurry back.

9 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Good for them!

Tomorrow morning we're having brunch at TE at 9.  Then driving to Brandon to visit my aunt.  Should be home by mid-afternoon.  Will message you my phone number.  If the cart is gone and you can come by, call me and we'll hurry back.

Been by a few times and you guys were out. Just wanted to introduce the family but have not seem you around.

1 hour ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Are you guys there now?

Swung down your loop once but you guys didnt seem to be around.

Hoping to meet someone from the forum to out a face to a name.

7 minutes ago, rtguy007 said:

Been by a few times and you guys were out. Just wanted to introduce the family but have not seem you around.

Same here. We've been out and about and meeting up with family that live here. We went by your site earlier too. It's hard catching up. Everyone is on the go. 

18 minutes ago, rtguy007 said:

We should be home by mid-afternoon tomorrow.  I'll message you my cell.  If we're at the fort, we'll come home or to your site to meet you.