A Day Late and Much More than a Dollar Short!

22 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

We should be home by mid-afternoon tomorrow.  I'll message you my cell.  If we're at the fort, we'll come home or to your site to meet you.

I feel you there. We are heading down to Ft Myers tomorrow to check it out. Trying to convince my wife to move to Fl when we retire. We both know people who moved to that part of the state when they retired and neither of us have been down there before. I have family in Lakeland and Boynton Beach but they are up in Ohio this week so we dont have family to visit this trip.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just found a deal!  New Nikon D7500 will arrive at the Fort on Monday!

I just returned home after being at the Fort with Gwen and David for a week.  Let me tell you, Gwen was in terrible pain, but - like the trooper she is - she didn't let that stop her.  She and David w

Yesterday we drove over 500 miles.  Stopped in St. Augustine and spent the night at the Flying J.  Left there this morning around 5:30 and arrived at the Fort a couple of hours later.  Boy, is it crow

9 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Great pics!

We rode FoP today. The wait time on the app was 210 minutes. Luckily, we had FP's. When we were exiting we got behind some people who had bailed on the standby line. They were irate....saying they had been in line for 4 hours and were going to get a refund. 

How did they think Disney would refund them?  :ROFLMAO-1:

11 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Great pics!

We rode FoP today. The wait time on the app was 210 minutes. Luckily, we had FP's. When we were exiting we got behind some people who had bailed on the standby line. They were irate....saying they had been in line for 4 hours and were going to get a refund. 

Thats hilarious. Wonder how much luck they had with that.

Im sorry we have been on FoP. Its cool but I would never wait more than an hour for a ride and thats really pushing it for my tolerance level. If we dont have a FP and I can get one we ride what we can, do some people watching, and head back to the fort.

22 hours ago, rtguy007 said:

I feel you there. We are heading down to Ft Myers tomorrow to check it out. Trying to convince my wife to move to Fl when we retire.

Hope you didn't get stuck in the horrible traffic coming back like we did.  Took us about 2.5 hours to get back to the Fort from Brandon.  About twice as long as usual.

30 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Hope you didn't get stuck in the horrible traffic coming back like we did.  Took us about 2.5 hours to get back to the Fort from Brandon.  About twice as long as usual.

We just got back about an hour ago. Didnt hit any traffic but it took us longer to get back. My oldest is working on homework at the moment and driving us crazy. Its been a long day.

1 hour ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Ahh, the fun of FL over the holidays....😡

And today we finally got to meet rtguy007 and his two beautiful children!  They came by just as we were finishing dinner.  Such a great family.  Hope many of you will have the opportunity to meet them!

And this was after a great visit with the crabby ex-bus driver.

The people across the street from us on 703 are building a castle in front of their motorhome. And they have a life-size Cinderella's carriage replica. Can't wait to see it all finished.

Image may contain: night, house, sky, tree, car and outdoor

31 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

And today we finally got to meet rtguy007 and his two beautiful children!  They came by just as we were finishing dinner.  Such a great family.  Hope many of you will have the opportunity to meet them!

The people across the street from us on 703 are building a castle in front of their motorhome. And they have a life-size Cinderella's carriage replica. Can't wait to see it all finished.

You have to love the Fort, where else would someone build a castle in front of there camper.

13 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

It was great to meet you last night. Thanks for the tour or the lights. The kids have not stopped talking about riding on the golf cart. I am going to have to invest in one sometime before they get to old.

3 hours ago, Duane said:

Dang Gwen, you and David sure know how to bring folks out of the woodwork!   First it was the tent city, now Cindy has chosen to take up residence at the Fort!

Are tent dwellers gone?

Tent city left today, thankfully.  I'm excited to see what the end result is across the street.

15 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

It's official.

I killed it.

A moment of silence, please.

The shutter on my DSLR is worn out.  I've taken too many photos.

Thankfully I brought my point and shoot with me.

Depending on what you need for a replacement, it's a good time of year.  Quite a few deals out there for Christmas.

6 hours ago, Travisma said:

Depending on what you need for a replacement, it's a good time of year.  Quite a few deals out there for Christmas.

I just found a deal!  New Nikon D7500 will arrive at the Fort on Monday!