A Day Late and Much More than a Dollar Short!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just found a deal!  New Nikon D7500 will arrive at the Fort on Monday!

I just returned home after being at the Fort with Gwen and David for a week.  Let me tell you, Gwen was in terrible pain, but - like the trooper she is - she didn't let that stop her.  She and David w

Yesterday we drove over 500 miles.  Stopped in St. Augustine and spent the night at the Flying J.  Left there this morning around 5:30 and arrived at the Fort a couple of hours later.  Boy, is it crow

The castle is so nice. I love sites that do unique things. Great to finally meet you yesterday. You mentioned you thought we came in on Saturday. We actually did but stayed in Ormond Beach for a few days before checking into the Fort. Also the sweatshirt was from 5 years ago not 11. Travel does weird things to the brain. Hope we can chat a bit more when It's not so cold out and I have had some coffee and sleep 😉

14 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Wow!

Have to say... I like that better, than the huge haunted house over halloween 🙂

I did like a couple of the skeleton scenes though.  A couple of those were pretty cute. 

10 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

That castle is pretty cool 

If you guys think it's cool now, wait until I can take pics of it at night.  It's amazing!

21 minutes ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

The castle is so nice. I love sites that do unique things. Great to finally meet you yesterday. You mentioned you thought we came in on Saturday. We actually did but stayed in Ormond Beach for a few days before checking into the Fort. Also the sweatshirt was from 5 years ago not 11. Travel does weird things to the brain. Hope we can chat a bit more when It's not so cold out and I have had some coffee and sleep 😉

Kristie, it was great to meet you last night.  Hope we can spend more time together before we both have to leave.

1 hour ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Kristie, it was great to meet you last night.  Hope we can spend more time together before we both have to leave.

Absolutely. If you want to try and catch a bite to eat let me know. We are pretty flexible and have live in babysitters. 🤗

5 hours ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

Absolutely. If you want to try and catch a bite to eat let me know. We are pretty flexible and have live in babysitters. 🤗

Kristi, we rarely go out to breakfast except for breakfast at Trail's End.  On Monday I have a friend coming in through Friday.  Maybe after she leaves we can have a meal together.

4 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Kristi, we rarely go out to breakfast except for breakfast at Trail's End.  On Monday I have a friend coming in through Friday.  Maybe after she leaves we can have a meal together.

Sounds good, keep me posted. If it works out great if not then that's fine as well. Hope your staying warm. Temps look better for tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

Sounds good, keep me posted. If it works out great if not then that's fine as well. Hope your staying warm. Temps look better for tomorrow.

Kristie, we leave saturday morning. You guys going to be around the fort tomorrow night? Wouldnt mind stopping by and introducing ourselves.

22 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

If you guys think it's cool now, wait until I can take pics of it at night.  It's amazing!

I think I asked before, but what lens are you using to get your dim light shots and not have blurs.

10 hours ago, rtguy007 said:

Kristie, we leave saturday morning. You guys going to be around the fort tomorrow night? Wouldnt mind stopping by and introducing ourselves.

Yes, we should be here. Planning on hangout at the pool once it warms up and looping once it gets dark. Would love to meet up. We are in site 1601.

1 hour ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

Yes, we should be here. Planning on hangout at the pool once it warms up and looping once it gets dark. Would love to meet up. We are in site 1601.

Awesome. We are heading to Hollywood for a Slinky Dog fastpass and then Beaches and Cream. Will try and stop by between 5 and 6 before your night looping.

9 hours ago, Travisma said:

I think I asked before, but what lens are you using to get your dim light shots and not have blurs.

For my really dark shots I use an f/1.4 50mm prime lens.

7 hours ago, rtguy007 said:

Awesome. We are heading to Hollywood for a Slinky Dog fastpass and then Beaches and Cream. Will try and stop by between 5 and 6 before your night looping.

Does your daughter have anything to do with the awesome rock I found on our picnic table?  If so, please tell her thank you for me!

8 hours ago, rtguy007 said:

Heading out for a date night. So sorry we missed you guys. 

5 minutes ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

Heading out for a date night. So sorry we missed you guys. 

I was just getting ready to shoot you a message. We are really tied up with packing tonight. Will try and meet you guys another time. Maybe we can setup a grand gathering for us northern folks sometime.

1 hour ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Does your daughter have anything to do with the awesome rock I found on our picnic table?  If so, please tell her thank you for me!

YOU FOUND IT!!!!! We put it there the other morning after you told us you never found one. We found that one on top of a post by the 1200/1300 comfort station. Both the kids were excited to sneak into your site and hide it while you guys were there. It was really trickey because they thought you were going to see or hear us.

52 minutes ago, rtguy007 said:

YOU FOUND IT!!!!! We put it there the other morning after you told us you never found one. We found that one on top of a post by the 1200/1300 comfort station. Both the kids were excited to sneak into your site and hide it while you guys were there. It was really trickey because they thought you were going to see or hear us.

Thank you all for coming by tonight, and thank you again for the rock!  You have a wonderful family, and it's been a joy getting to know you.  Hopefully our paths will cross again.

On 11/30/2018 at 7:57 PM, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Thank you all for coming by tonight, and thank you again for the rock!  You have a wonderful family, and it's been a joy getting to know you.  Hopefully our paths will cross again.

Got back about 2 hours ago. Long drive straight through but we got home safe. Going to bed and unpacking later.

Well, just arrived and got set up. Did a quick loop and Gwen’s sign is the only one I see. 

It figures, I forgot mine at home, but I always have my little flamingo on our Disney sign. 

1929 is our home for the next 6 days. 

24 minutes ago, tim5055 said:

Well, just arrived and got set up. Did a quick loop and Gwen’s sign is the only one I see. 

It figures, I forgot mine at home, but I always have my little flamingo on our Disney sign. 

1929 is our home for the next 6 days. 

1601, my sign is out.

59 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Sorry I've been AWOL for a few days.  I have a back injury from something I rode and ended up in the ER two days ago.  Still not doing great.  But I'd rather be feeling bad at the Fort than at home.

Yuck. What did they say was wrong with your back? Did you get your new camera?

2 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Sorry I've been AWOL for a few days.  I have a back injury from something I rode and ended up in the ER two days ago.  Still not doing great.  But I'd rather be feeling bad at the Fort than at home.

Sorry to hear that. 

Hopefully you will be up and feeling better son. 

Oh no Gwen!! I was really concerned when your body was so cold and yet it was very warm out. Praying you can recover and enjoy the rest of your trip. Do you need anything. I know your husband can run errands but if he is tired just give me a ring.