A Day Late and Much More than a Dollar Short!

On 12/4/2018 at 4:45 PM, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Sorry I've been AWOL for a few days.  I have a back injury from something I rode and ended up in the ER two days ago.  Still not doing great.  But I'd rather be feeling bad at the Fort than at home.

Sorry to hear that hope you feel better.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just found a deal!  New Nikon D7500 will arrive at the Fort on Monday!

I just returned home after being at the Fort with Gwen and David for a week.  Let me tell you, Gwen was in terrible pain, but - like the trooper she is - she didn't let that stop her.  She and David w

Yesterday we drove over 500 miles.  Stopped in St. Augustine and spent the night at the Flying J.  Left there this morning around 5:30 and arrived at the Fort a couple of hours later.  Boy, is it crow

On 12/4/2018 at 5:45 PM, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Sorry I've been AWOL for a few days.  I have a back injury from something I rode and ended up in the ER two days ago.  Still not doing great.  But I'd rather be feeling bad at the Fort than at home.

Oh...sorry to hear that, Gwen!  I hope it heals soon.  Enjoy those lazy days at the Fort ❤️

On 12/6/2018 at 8:41 AM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Oh...sorry to hear that, Gwen!  I hope it heals soon.  Enjoy those lazy days at the Fort ❤️

Thanks, NaCole.  I spent another day in the ER having tests run.  Doctor changed my meds, and I'm slowly improving.  But I'm having a bad reaction to the muscle relaxer and probably will discontinue it.

12 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Thanks, NaCole.  I spent another day in the ER having tests run.  Doctor changed my meds, and I'm slowly improving.  But I'm having a bad reaction to the muscle relaxer and probably will discontinue it.

Getting older, really stinks.  I pray that you'll have peace, strength, joy and many blessings over these last couple of days at the Fort.  Safe travels home and Merry Christmas, my friend.

13 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Really sorry to hear you are having so many issues between you back and the meds. Hope things start to improve for you soon.

I just returned home after being at the Fort with Gwen and David for a week.  Let me tell you, Gwen was in terrible pain, but - like the trooper she is - she didn't let that stop her.  She and David were such wonderful hosts, going with me to the parks, fancy restaurants, and sharing a memorable evening at Crockett's Tavern.  I have never seen such gracious hospitality under such dire conditions - and I so appreciate the efforts they made to make my visit so special.  Gwen and David are wonderful people - the "salt of the earth" kind - and if you're at the Fort now, try to meet them.  They are very special people!  Love you, David and Gwen!!!

12 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Getting older, really stinks.  I pray that you'll have peace, strength, joy and many blessings over these last couple of days at the Fort.  Safe travels home and Merry Christmas, my friend.

Thank you, NaCole!

11 hours ago, rtguy007 said:

Really sorry to hear you are having so many issues between you back and the meds. Hope things start to improve for you soon.

Today has been a little better.  Pain level is overall more tolerable.  Thanks!

11 hours ago, Okieatheart said:

I just returned home after being at the Fort with Gwen and David for a week.  Let me tell you, Gwen was in terrible pain, but - like the trooper she is - she didn't let that stop her.  She and David were such wonderful hosts, going with me to the parks, fancy restaurants, and sharing a memorable evening at Crockett's Tavern.  I have never seen such gracious hospitality under such dire conditions - and I so appreciate the efforts they made to make my visit so special.  Gwen and David are wonderful people - the "salt of the earth" kind - and if you're at the Fort now, try to meet them.  They are very special people!  Love you, David and Gwen!!!

Oh, Jean Ann, you give us way too much credit!  We loved having you here with us, hated to see you leave, and really miss you!  Love you too, my friend.  I just regret that my injury put such a damper on our plans.

Fiends are the greatest!  I received a wonderful surprise from Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie and her family a few days ago:

47572842_573436163100094_8158369994560765952_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=0a2654ce58b4cdea451315cdc104078e&oe=5C956393

I only have to look at them to be happy.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Meanwhile I apologize to everyone that I haven't been able to keep up with this TR.  It's just been too difficult to sit in a straight chair long enough to get my photos processed.  I promise to finish it up, but it's going to be after we get home.

Gwen I’m so sorry to hear about your back. Do you know what specifically triggered it?   A few years ago we rode the safari and were in the last row and the guy I swear intentionally hit everything he could, as hard as he could to make it miserably bumpy and it messed my mom’s back up. 

I hope you are feeling better ASAP!

7 hours ago, Beckers said:

Gwen I’m so sorry to hear about your back. Do you know what specifically triggered it?   A few years ago we rode the safari and were in the last row and the guy I swear intentionally hit everything he could, as hard as he could to make it miserably bumpy and it messed my mom’s back up. 

I hope you are feeling better ASAP!

Thanks, Beckers.  I don't know for sure, but I think it was either the safari or Dinosaur.

Gwen, I am sorry to hear about your back. Please never worry about keeping a trip report going constantly while you are at Disney. You're on vacation. One that you so needed after all you have been through these past couple years. We appreciate the time you take to share your photos and thoughts, but never feel obligated to do so.

On 12/9/2018 at 12:32 PM, LONE-STAR said:

Dinosaur can be hard on the back there are several in my family that have quit riding it for that reason.

I won't ride it again either.  Also never again for 7DMT, BTMRR, Safari, A.S.S., Star Tours.

On 12/11/2018 at 12:59 PM, Ivy said:

Gwen, so sorry to hear about your injury.  Hope you continue to improve and get to enjoy the rest of your vacation.

I look forward to seeing your photos and reading about the rest of your visit.

Thank you, Ivy.  Will eventually get more posted.

On 12/12/2018 at 10:35 AM, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

Gwen, I am sorry to hear about your back. Please never worry about keeping a trip report going constantly while you are at Disney. You're on vacation. One that you so needed after all you have been through these past couple years. We appreciate the time you take to share your photos and thoughts, but never feel obligated to do so.

Thanks, Yvonne.  It will be awhile before I can post more.  My back still has a long way to go before recovery.

We finally got home yesterday afternoon.

• 3 weeks later...

It's time to get this TR back on track!  My back is still out of sorts, but at least I can sit and focus on editing my photos.

This trip, as always, we planned to do several "firsts."  One on my list was seeing Rivers of Light.  I had read a lot of negative things about it, so my expectations were low.  David's were even lower since he dislikes anything about Animal Kingdom.  I was pleasantly surprised.  David was okay with it.  I wouldn't make a special effort to see it again, but I'm glad I saw it once.

vuxNnFp.jpg

6Uu0Gs5.jpg

ETQQIwk.jpg

i36OVWt.jpg

U7Tj1XC.jpg

BH7w8uQ.jpg

v8yfmMJ.jpg

gXi2ehF.jpg

7tIPGc8.jpg

mE3BtAH.jpg

RCCgeC2.jpg

WErXR9I.jpg

Y9vBINm.jpg

On 11/30/2018 at 5:37 PM, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

For my really dark shots I use an f/1.4 50mm prime lens.

Does your daughter have anything to do with the awesome rock I found on our picnic table?  If so, please tell her thank you for me!

I looked at that 1.4 for my camera but was reluctant to spend the big $$$ since I just have an older Nikon D3200.

After some research I settled on an F1.8 that was a better match for my camera and a lot less $$.  It was about 1/2 the cost and had some really good reviews.

Seems to work pretty good.  Have to get use to the lack of zoom and relying on moving forward or back to frame the pictures.

Used it inside at ICE and the pictures came out good.

On 1/2/2019 at 10:11 PM, LONE-STAR said:

Nice photos, we have never taken the time to watch the show.

It's not worth special effort to see it, but if you happen to be in the area, it's good enough to see once.

On 1/2/2019 at 11:01 PM, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

So beautiful 

Thank you!

On 1/2/2019 at 11:06 PM, Beckers said:

Sorry your back is still bothering you!! These pictures are beautiful 

Thanks!

On 1/3/2019 at 10:49 AM, Travisma said:

I looked at that 1.4 for my camera but was reluctant to spend the big $$$ since I just have an older Nikon D3200.

After some research I settled on an F1.8 that was a better match for my camera and a lot less $$.  It was about 1/2 the cost and had some really good reviews.

Seems to work pretty good.  Have to get use to the lack of zoom and relying on moving forward or back to frame the pictures.

Used it inside at ICE and the pictures came out good.

Did you know that Nikon never changes their mount?  I have lenses that I bought in the '80s that I can use on my new camera.  That makes the expense a little more worthwhile.

Sometimes when I can't or don't want to move back or forward, I shoot my photos on the highest file size.  Then I crop the picture down to what I want on the computer.  

Glad you like your new lens!

On 1/4/2019 at 8:04 PM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

As always Gwen, your pictures are amazing!❤️

I agree with David on this one... we too thought that show was just okay.

Thank you, NaCole!