A Day Late and Much More than a Dollar Short!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just found a deal!  New Nikon D7500 will arrive at the Fort on Monday!

I just returned home after being at the Fort with Gwen and David for a week.  Let me tell you, Gwen was in terrible pain, but - like the trooper she is - she didn't let that stop her.  She and David w

Yesterday we drove over 500 miles.  Stopped in St. Augustine and spent the night at the Flying J.  Left there this morning around 5:30 and arrived at the Fort a couple of hours later.  Boy, is it crow

9 hours ago, Beckers said:

Great picture Gwen. It’s nice to see pumpkins that haven’t been tore apart by squirrels. 

:ROFLMAO-1:

8 hours ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

That meal looked amazing. Definitely putting that on the to do list.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

10 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

You can always pitch a tent behind us!

Haha....careful what you say, Gwen.  I'm really hating the weather in the Atlanta right now.  You might find the kids, Simon and I on your spot ;)

Thanks for the pictures...they're lovely.

8 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I'm in!

I can't believe the Fort Christmas tree is up already, and it looks great. The decorations on the tree are new- in fact, I think that's a whole new tree. Maybe the lights even work. 

TCD

There are lights on the tree, but I haven't seen it lit yet.

12 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Haha....careful what you say, Gwen.  I'm really hating the weather in the Atlanta right now.  You might find the kids, Simon and I on your spot ;)

Thanks for the pictures...they're lovely.

And it's even colder in NC!  It was chilly here today too.  We had to put the sides down on the golf cart because I was freezing.  

We spent a day at Animal Kingdom and then yesterday at EPCOT.

I chose to spend my birthday today in the Magic Kingdom.  The highlight of our day was a delicious lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table.  I know this restaurant gets a lot of criticism, but no complaints from me!

46458059_10218200031898138_7269900982262169600_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=e190987764742358228cd38f6422014a&oe=5C68A560

David's Castle Salad:

Image may contain: food

My charcuterie plate:

We both had the Beef & Shrimp -- Beef Tenderloin, Buttered Shrimp, Fingerling Potatoes with Nueske's Bacon and Blue Cheese, Summer Vegetables, and a Shallot-Herb Compound Butter. The beef was fork-tender. Delicious!

David's dessert -- The Clock Strikes Twelve. Dark Chocolate Mousse with a Dark Chocolate Ganache served with a Raspberry Coulis. My dessert was no sugar added lemon sorbet garnished with blueberries.  Sorry, no pics of my dessert.  White sorbet on a white plate doesn't photograph well.

Image may contain: dessert and food

On 11/15/2018 at 9:59 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

I'm in!

I can't believe the Fort Christmas tree is up already, and it looks great. The decorations on the tree are new- in fact, I think that's a whole new tree. Maybe the lights even work. 

TCD

As of Saturday night, all of the tree's lights were working, both on the main tree and the one on the porch. 😀

18 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

David's Castle Salad:

Gwen, you know I'm just a "Good Ole Boy" from the backwoods for NC, but I have to ask... What is that on top of David's salad?  Is it some sort of cracker or rice thing?

20 hours ago, djsamuel said:

We walked by your site a couple of times and nobody was home!  🙂

We left for home on Sunday but if you looped through the 200 loop, you passed us.

Hope your stay goes smoothly!

Sorrry we missed you!

11 hours ago, Ivy said:

That chocolate mousse looks amazing! Really enjoying your photos, thanks.

Thank you for reading along.

7 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

I didn't realize this was a running trip report. I'm in now. Look like your having a great time.

Yes, we are having a great time.  Well, at least until last night.  Read on.

Yesterday we had a great time at DHS.  Then we came home to discover a large group invaded three sites around us.  I feel like we're living in tent city.

From what I can tell, the first site has 6 tents, 3 canopies, 4 picnic tables, and lots of other assorted junk.  I'm gonna go down the dog walk this morning and try to get a picture from the back if the site.

xlGMhI2.jpg

UjDVGds.jpg

4eOZFCE.jpg

The site next door to us, who is graciously letting them store their golf carts.

u7rjYNP.jpg

And finally the site across the street from us, where they are storing part of their cars:

xRIPjv0.jpg

The frustrating thing is that if David and I so much as touch a blade of grass Security is here telling us to move the offender.  Apparently these people can do whatever they want to do.

Ugh...I'm so sorry.  I really hope they are not too loud for you and (hopefully) they are only there through Sunday.

I just don't understand the management of the Fort.  If you want to make more money, why in the world would you allow this??  Simply enforce a policy of limiting how many persons are allowed on each site, how many "structures" (tents, RVs, etc) are on a site.  Heck... if we want to continue to afford the Fort, then I guess we need to find a Fiend with a pop-up and a couple of Fiends with tents and all share one site. 

Joking of course...but, not really.  

Holiday weekend, sigh.... hopefully they will be respectful of your site and not be too loud and out of control. I personally don't have a problem with how many people, living under the same roof are, on a site. Immediate,  families come in all sizes. However, the amount of structures allowed should definitely be enforced. If the rule is 2 tents then that is the rule. I don't care if you rented 3 sites and are just reconfiguring your tent layout. I really do get confused as to why the Fort allows this type of thing to go on. 

I'm so hating that this is going on for you guys, but in a weird sort of way, I am intrigued as to what the story will be as the time progresses.  You know, its like an impending train wreck, you just can't look away.  And for the antics that continue at the Fort, you just can't make this stuff up!