The Gingerbread House at the Grand Floridian 20yrs

This is the 20th year for the Giant Gingerbread House.  Can you believe it?  I absolutely love going over there and seeing and smelling.  Here are some sights from this year.  If you are over there, please post.  I won't be over until Thanksgiving week, but I will post some pics once I go over.

https://chipandco.com/20th-anniversary-gingerbread-house-at-grand-floridian-328698/

20th Anniversary Gingerbread House at Grand Floridian

Celebrating it’s 20th anniversary this year is the Grand Floridian Resort’s Gingerbread House at Walt Disney World.  Now in its final stages of last minutes touches, the life-size gingerbread house has been a staple at the Grand Floridian Resort’s lobby during the holidays.

Construction of this magnificent gingerbread house began on Nov 7th and they hope to be all finished by Nov 11th.  Guests are able to stroll by the house as the team of chefs at the Grand Floridian diligently and painstakingly create this amazing culinary masterpiece.  You might even get to say hello to one of the chefs and grab a gingerbread sample.

For those who can’t visit the gingerbread house I’m here to give you an up close and personal virtual “taste” of what it looks like.  Can’t you just smell the gingerbread?

To create this house it takes an estimated over 400 hours of baking the gingerbread and approximately 160 hours of construction.    Can you believe that preparations actually began during the summer?

A chocolate plaque hangs proudly in honor of Chef Erich Herbitscheck, who recently retired from the Grand Floridian.  Chef Herbitscheck has been the mastermind of this magical culinary creation since it first appeared 20 years ago.

Also available will be 20th-anniversary gingerbread houses guests are able to purchase as well as other delightful gingerbread treats.

Chip with Chip and Company was just at the Grand Floridian Resort a few minutes ago and shared a live video of the gingerbread house construction.

If you are heading to the Magic Kingdom Park for the holidays make sure to take a short detour, hop on the monorail, and visit the Grand Floridian Resort’s Holiday Gingerbread House before January 2nd.

I have a video, of them putting the "snow" (powdered sugar) on the roof this week.  If I could figure out how to post it, I'd do so.  LOL.

On a different note:  they had a sign out saying that the 20th Anniversary is on November 14th, 2018.   Tom and I thought that was pretty neat, as November 14th is also our 20th (wedding) anniversary ❤️