They tell you to stand clear of the doors for a reason

4 hours ago, Beckers said:

I’m probably neverrrrrr letting my kids ride this again. That’s a whole lotta nope.

I bet there are less injuries on the monorails then on buses each year.   

I also bet there are more delays on the monorails then on the buses.  Lol. 

13 hours ago, Travisma said:

On a FB post they said someone on a scooter rammed it.  They had 2 ecv in one car

Would like to start seeing Disney offering special transportation vans  for the disabled like they have at Assisted Living Facilities or Rehab Centers. Last week we saw someone on a scooter disembark the monorail and right after exiting the door completely fall over sideways scooter and all. It appeared to be a medical emergency. It was very scary to witness a person and their scooter laying on their side on the concrete and not moving. Fortunately they didn't fall over on someone and truly hope they were alright. For the safety of all Disney needs to address scooter transportation on site. Would also suggest designated scooter lanes, similar to bike lanes, in the theme parks. 

What happened was the door was damaged by an ECV. Disney workers were trying to repair the door by removing it. The monorail was empty. Unfortunately they dropped the door while working on it. The articles make it sound like the monorail pulled in and the door fell off.

15 hours ago, djsamuel said:

What happened was the door was damaged by an ECV. Disney workers were trying to repair the door by removing it. The monorail was empty. Unfortunately they dropped the door while working on it. The articles make it sound like the monorail pulled in and the door fell off.

Well that makes a heck of a lot more sense than a door randomly fell off on its own.

16 hours ago, djsamuel said:

I have been trying in my head to mechanically figure out how it could have ended up in that position and was really having a hard time with it. This explains the missing piece. Thanks!

On 11/14/2018 at 7:00 AM, Breezy2 said:

Last week we saw someone on a scooter disembark the monorail and right after exiting the door completely fall over sideways scooter and all. It appeared to be a medical emergency. It was very scary to witness a person and their scooter laying on their side on the concrete and not moving.

Problem is people rent them having never used one and then this happens.

17 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Problem is people rent them having never used one and then this happens.

Isn't it odd, big brother government banned 3 wheeler ATVs because they were dangerous and tipped over, but there are thousands of 3 wheel scooters out there.

Yes they don't go as fast, but there are a lot of people out there that don't know how to operate them.