Disney springs this Saturday night probably isn’t a smart move is it?

It is going to be CROWDED.  If you don't have kids, and you don't mind the crowds, go for it.  Most of the people there are just hanging out.  I have a teenager and if I was going to see ICE, I would definitely hop on over.  (but that is me and I am a bit looney)

14 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Well, you may as well head over there for dinner.   The Gaylord hotel is one of the only places that makes Disney seem inexpensive. 

Oh yeah not eating there! Heck I’m too cheap to pay for assigned seating on the plane/or luggage 😂 need to see if we can get anything at DS but I don’t want to rush. 

12 hours ago, Beckers said:

Saturday we are going to the Gaylord to see Ice at 5pm once we are done I was originally thinking we’d go to Disney springs. But considering it’s a Saturday and close to thanksgiving I’m guessing it’s not a smart idea. What should we do? We will be childless.

Be prepared for either a $20 or $25 parking fee.  So you might as well hang out there a while and get your $$$$ worth. 

Wander thru the atrium area of the main hotel, it's pretty nice and walkr down the path and see the indoor gator pond.

If your inner child kicks in, they usually have a scavenger hunt in the atrium/lobby areas.

I would head over to Disney Springs, grab some poutine for dinner, then to the margarita bar for a drink and stalk a seat on one of the couches for a bit to listen to some music, then wander around and window shop for a while, making sure to get a frosting shot at Sprinkles before heading out.  🙂

Regarding food recommendations, there are some pretty good quick serve offerings at Disney Springs. I'm a big fan of Blaze Pizza and Delux Burger. Just this past weekend, the TCD twins insisted that I try Chicken Guy. I really had no interest, but I gave it a go. Guess what?  It was really good. Way better than a typical Disney quick serve meal. 

TCD

11 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Disney Springs is built to handle crowds. But, the current parking garages will likely be full on a Saturday night. If you're staying at the B resort, walk or take their shuttle. Once you get there, you'll be fine.

TCD

Jason managed to find us a room so we are staying on property! 

3 hours ago, Travisma said:

Be prepared for either a $20 or $25 parking fee.  So you might as well hang out there a while and get your $$$$ worth. 

Wander thru the atrium area of the main hotel, it's pretty nice and walkr down the path and see the indoor gator pond.

If your inner child kicks in, they usually have a scavenger hunt in the atrium/lobby areas.

We are going to Uber/Lyft. 

50 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Regarding food recommendations, there are some pretty good quick serve offerings at Disney Springs. I'm a big fan of Blaze Pizza and Delux Burger. Just this past weekend, the TCD twins insisted that I try Chicken Guy. I really had no interest, but I gave it a go. Guess what?  It was really good. Way better than a typical Disney quick serve meal. 

TCD

Thanks! That’s probably more our speed. Not really interested in the time or money for a sit down this trip. 

13 minutes ago, Beckers said:

Thanks! That’s probably more our speed. Not really interested in the time or money for a sit down this trip. 

The Poutine place is good, also check out the 4 Rivers food truck next to World of Disney.

My daughters liked the Delux Burger also.  They said Chicken Guy was ok, nothing special.  They advertise 30 sauces but you can only get 2 with your order and have to pay for extras.

The Coca Cola store has a rooftop bar with adult beverages and mocktails.  If it's nice weather that would be a good place to relax with a nice view.

The Christmas Tree Trail is open.  It's at the far end down by the splash ground/Earl Of Sandwich/Pin Traders area.  It was nice during the day, probably better at night.

21 minutes ago, Travisma said:

They said Chicken Guy was ok, nothing special.  They advertise 30 sauces but you can only get 2 with your order and have to pay for extras.

I don't know when your daughters went, but I was there on Monday, and this sauce guy was making the rounds dispensing extra sauces to anyone in need:

IMG_3621_zpscerfrcal.jpg

I was fine with just two sauces- how many do you need?

I thought the seasoning and preparation of the chicken and fries was very good for a fast food place. Better than a Zaxby's or Popeyes for example. 

TCD

20 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I don't know when your daughters went, but I was there on Monday, and this sauce guy was making the rounds dispensing extra sauces to anyone in need:

IMG_3621_zpscerfrcal.jpg

I was fine with just two sauces- how many do you need?

I thought the seasoning and preparation of the chicken and fries was very good for a fast food place. Better than a Zaxby's or Popeyes for example. 

TCD

They like Chick Fil A and PDQ.

That was the problem, they tried to get the sauce guys attention quite a few times and he never came over to their table.

They liked the chicken but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary they said.

My two cents about where to eat at DS.  If you want something a little nicer than a quick service but not as stuffy as a table service go to the dockside bar.

It’s one of our favorite spots to go grab a quick bite and a beverage.  The dockside bar, which located at the boathouse. You don’t need a reservation, or at least we’ve always just walked up and sat down at the bar or one of the little tables next to the bar.  You’re outside, over the water and we always sit so we can watch the amphicars come in and out of the lake. It’s always fun to watch the expression on the people as they splash into the water. Food is really good and we’ve always gotten great, quick service.  No it’s not a QS but it’s not a stuffy TS either

2 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

My two cents about where to eat at DS.  If you want something a little nicer than a quick service but not as stuffy as a table service go to the dockside bar.

It’s one of our favorite spots to go grab a quick bite and a beverage.  The dockside bar, which located at the boathouse. You don’t need a reservation, or at least we’ve always just walked up and sat down at the bar or one of the little tables next to the bar.  You’re outside, over the water and we always sit so we can watch the amphicars come in and out of the lake. It’s always fun to watch the expression on the people as they splash into the water. Food is really good and we’ve always gotten great, quick service.  No it’s not a QS but it’s not a stuffy TS either

That actually sounds great. I think we will try here first and if no luck move on to the other places suggested.

We've eaten at dockside bar a few times now - love it!  Even if the restaurant is jammed you can usually snag a spot. Drinks are good and so is the food.  We mostly order a few apps/salads to share, but have gotten entrees too and they're yummy.

Just one note - the docks down below actually move a bit. Not a crazy amount, but it you are super sensitive to getting seasick, might not be a good choice.

I'll also add a +1 on D-Luxe burger. Huge burgers - really tasty and love all the sauces for the fries. We split one of the duos the last time we were there - 2 burgers, fries, 2 drinks for under $30.

28 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Just one note - the docks down below actually move a bit. Not a crazy amount, but it you are super sensitive to getting seasick, might not be a good choice.

Oh that’s good to know. So is there other levels? 

This is is why I love this board, helpful info like this.

There are tables just outside the back of the restaurant that don't float at all, but those tend to fill up first.

I don't think the actual bar is floaty, and there are lots of seats at it, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I can be sensitive to motion sickness and we ate at one of the tables just below the bar area. Our waiter warned us when we sat down but we gave it a shot.  Honestly it didn't move all that much except when the boats went by.  We noticed it, but it honestly didn't bother me or my SIL who tends to be even more sensitive than I am.

We ended up going this afternoon. Boathouse was perfect so thanks for the suggestion!! I had a crab cake and Brian had filet. Ended up costing $86 but we didn’t eat dinner last night so not that bad 😂

we sat where the bar  which was perfect, the lower levels you could see them moving. I don’t think the movement would have been the problem but the actual visual would have bothered me. So thanks for the warning! 

Bonus brian loved seeing all the boats down below. They were prettt neat!