42 hours in Florida

We missed the geyser going off, I was surprised to read it only went off once an hour (or at least that's what google told me). We walked down to where the little cabins are, they look really nice, and it was quiet but no way would I want to pay that much. From what we could tell, every one of them looked like people were staying there. 

We took the boat to MK and got there around 3:50, the line to get in for the Christmas party was huge, but they started letting us in at 3:55 and by 4:03 we took this photo, it's a shame the castle can't really be seen.

4uWILW4l.jpg

We took the train to Frontierland, for some reason we haven't been able to ride the train the last few trips so I wanted to make sure we got to ride it.

I managed to get 3 FP, but we only had to 4:20 to make it to POTC, we got there at 4:21 and were on the ride pretty quick, the stand by line said it was a 35 min wait. Our Jingle Cruise FP started at 4:25 so went there next. We had a great skipper, his name was Rami (which rhymes with salami) I actually have been meaning to email Disney about him because he was really funny. I had my birthday button on (my birthday was coming up) and he noticed it and said "oh, it's your birthday! I have one every year, you're not special 😂".  

tQw923hl.jpg

sV6m5wql.jpg

Our next FP wasn't until 5:25 so we stopped for a 2 churros, a coke and $18 later we were moving along. Seriously Disney prices, yikes. Thankfully the churros were pretty amazing so that softened the blow a tiny bit. 

We still had time before out fast pass so we rode the Haunted Mansion. We haven't been on that in years because my kids are chickens, so we really enjoyed it. Photopass was out doing hitch hiking ghosts photos but they had left by time we got out. We should have gotten out of line and did the picture but I wasn't thinking. oh well.

We wanted to ride Splash Mountain because we never get to because of the kids but it was broken down and they were unloading people, Runaway train was a walk on. I love that ride. We normally never take the stand by line so it was neat to see the stuff they have in there. The line was fast so I didn't get to look to long at anything. 

URyFzatl.jpg

Next up was our SP for Small World, to which Brian's response was "why are we riding this?" and I said because you're supposed to! 

I wanted to go see Mickey Mouse and the app said 20 mins, so we went up there and found out it was a 40 min wait. I had no interest in waiting that long. 

Here's the tree and the beginning of the chaos of people coming and leaving

JDGTOtQl.jpg

People heading to MVMCP were being herded down the Main Street by pass, they probably had 5 or 6 different photopass photographers, so we stopped at a few. 

6nbib4Sl.jpg

pRZkN4Nl.jpg

At the end they were giving wrapped Mickey Santa sugar cookies, we each got one and shared one. They weren't very good, they had a overwhelming taste of fake butter or something. I was saving mine to bring home to the son of the friend who brought us to the airport. Since we had no bags, it stayed in my jacket pocket all night. 

Next we rode, Buzz, People mover, Space Mountain (that ride is awful, I never need to ride that again) Dumbo, Barnstormer, Little Mermaid, and then found this photopass. 

Brian is a good sport for doing this stupid crap for me. 

d6rIoyhl.jpg

next was SDMT, it said the wait was 40 mins, but I really like it so we wanted. It ended up being 35 mins from getting in line to being off the ride, so it wasn't too bad. Waiting in line was kind of fun watching people spin the barrels and everyone cheered when all the dwarfs showed up. However, being the germaphobe I am, there was no way I was touching any of it. 

We wanted to watch the fireworks but didn't want to waste time saving a spot, we ended up in a crappy spot by the bridge over by cosmic rays but it was good enough.

Funny story, I was using the bathroom and heard all this yelling and banging around and I honestly thought someone was being attacked, I was trying to get the heck outta there and this lady comes busting out of the stall holding the toilet seat paper cover, there was a lizard in the stall on the back on her door. She was killing herself trying to get the heck out, it was hilarious. 

We saw philarmagic, once again, something we don't watch normally because my kids hate 3d. It's cute but I really think it needs an update, the video is looking pretty old. 

gKUWNVQl.jpg

The parade was a huge must do for me, so we ended up grabbing a spot about 30 mins before. We got to watch a mother and father get into a huge fight, handful of kids getting yelled out for crying, a bunch of food and drinks get spilled and someone shoving her kids into every inch of space there was. Brian was tall enough to be able to see whatever show was going on in front of the castle, but I Was too short. 

I didn't bother taking many photos, I just wanted to enjoy it. As always the toy soldiers are the best part. 

QGE6KEXl.mp4

That's a video, but I don't know how to make it play?

We grabbed a picture on the way out

KXEaxrdl.jpg

We didn't feel like dealing with the bus, so we walked to the Contemporary and got a Lyft. I know it's a waste of money considering the bus is free, but we were tired and didn't feel like dealing with buses. Who knows the bus may have been faster, or maybe not. According to my Lyft account, we got picked up at 12:11 and were at the hotel at 12:24.

We realized when we got back to the hotel, that bell services closed so we were slightly worried until we got into our room and saw our bags. We had a preferred room so thankfully it was a short walk. I didn't take any pics but we had a remodeled room. The murphy bed makes a huge difference in space, the queen sized bed was nice to have too. When we checked in they offered a $10 gift card for skipping housekeeping, so we took it. The man next to us was skipping it for 12 nights and I'm pretty sure he didn't realize what he was agreeing to. We had 6 towels/wash rags so it was fine for us and worth the $10. 

We went to bed asap and set our alarms for 5 am the following morning, we needed to get a ride from lyft at 5:30 so that we would have enough time to get to Big Toho Marina to meet our fishing guide. 

45 minutes ago, Beckers said:

We wanted to ride Splash Mountain because we never get to because of the kids but it was broken down and they were unloading people, Runaway train was a walk on. I love that ride. 

I see you can take the girl out of Great Adventure but not the Great Adventure out of the girl.

2 hours ago, Beckers said:

People heading to MVMCP were being herded down the Main Street by pass, they probably had 5 or 6 different photopass photographers, so we stopped at a few. 

6nbib4Sl.jpg

pRZkN4Nl.jpg

At the end they were giving wrapped Mickey Santa sugar cookies, we each got one and shared one. They weren't very good, they had a overwhelming taste of fake butter or something. I was saving mine to bring home to the son of the friend who brought us to the airport. Since we had no bags, it stayed in my jacket pocket all night. 

Next we rode, Buzz, People mover, Space Mountain (that ride is awful, I never need to ride that again) Dumbo, Barnstormer, Little Mermaid, and then found this photopass. 

Brian is a good sport for doing this stupid crap for me. 

d6rIoyhl.jpg

next was SDMT, it said the wait was 40 mins, but I really like it so we wanted. It ended up being 35 mins from getting in line to being off the ride, so it wasn't too bad. Waiting in line was kind of fun watching people spin the barrels and everyone cheered when all the dwarfs showed up. However, being the germaphobe I am, there was no way I was touching any of it. 

We wanted to watch the fireworks but didn't want to waste time saving a spot, we ended up in a crappy spot by the bridge over by cosmic rays but it was good enough.

Funny story, I was using the bathroom and heard all this yelling and banging around and I honestly thought someone was being attacked, I was trying to get the heck outta there and this lady comes busting out of the stall holding the toilet seat paper cover, there was a lizard in the stall on the back on her door. She was killing herself trying to get the heck out, it was hilarious. 

We saw philarmagic, once again, something we don't watch normally because my kids hate 3d. It's cute but I really think it needs an update, the video is looking pretty old. 

gKUWNVQl.jpg

The parade was a huge must do for me, so we ended up grabbing a spot about 30 mins before. We got to watch a mother and father get into a huge fight, handful of kids getting yelled out for crying, a bunch of food and drinks get spilled and someone shoving her kids into every inch of space there was. Brian was tall enough to be able to see whatever show was going on in front of the castle, but I Was too short. 

I didn't bother taking many photos, I just wanted to enjoy it. As always the toy soldiers are the best part. 

QGE6KEXl.mp4

That's a video, but I don't know how to make it play?

A friend of ours on her first visit to FL and the Fort encountered a lizard in the ladies shower.  She told us she came out screaming there was a baby alligator 🐊 in with her.

9 minutes ago, Travisma said:

A friend of ours on her first visit to FL and the Fort encountered a lizard in the ladies shower.  She told us she came out screaming there was a baby alligator 🐊 in with her.

This lady was going nuts, it was hilarious (once I realized she wasn’t in danger) 😂

9 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Great pix. 

Were the cookies the only snack they provided for MVMCP?

No, they had a few options but the lines were huge. Our dinner was litterally churros and 1/2 a sugar cookie 😂

They had Snowman shaped  soft pretzels (being from our area we are a bit picky when it comes to soft pretzels so I won’t eat them unless they are from here) blue snow cones (it was cold that night), a few other cookie choices, hot chocolate, orange soda and I think one other thing.