With the expensive party on the beach at the Fort, I'm trying to decide what to do for New Year's Eve. The original plan was to watch the fireworks on the beach. I'm a little worried that the party could take up the whole beach, although I'm wondering like TCD if the check in area indicates it will be on the smaller side. 

We've never done a park on New Year's Eve. I really can't imagine the madness, especially getting back. But we are pondering that option. Having a 9 year old makes that a bit tough though, too.

What would you do? 

We have usually watched the New Years fireworks on the 30th in the Magic Kingdom and then from the Beach at the Fort on NYE. If they are dumb enough to close the whole beach head down anyway. Bring popcorn, beer, and cheers and watch them try to turn everyone away from the beach. Should be a good time when the riots start. 

14 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

What would you do? 

Go to Epcot. Fuego!

just kidding- I've never done it, but I like the idea of taking the boat to the MK and watching the fireworks from outside the park, then jumping right in the line to get back to the Fort. 

13 hours ago, Travisma said:

They may do New Years Eve.fireworks the night before like they do for 4th of July.  Others.on here may know that. So you could enjoy them early, then just relax New Years Eve.

They are going to do the NYE fireworks at the MK on both the 30th and 31st. I plan to go on the 30th as per usual- it's never too bad. 

TCD

What we normally do, and are planning to do this year, is board a boat and go right inside the park in front of the train station.  We find a cool place to sit and my son puts on his gun mufflers so he can watch the fireworks and the sound doesn't bother him so much.  (it is really loud there)  From that vantage point, you can see all the way around the pond and you can see very clearly all the numbers of the countdown.  It works really well too because we are also the first ones back out to get back on the boat back to the fort.

However, I have been told by some awesome photography people that the TTC vantage point is much better than I just described.  I am currently in secret deliberations in my head on which way to go.  My son and I are going solo this year without the supergeek so we will have to make the decision on which point of view we want to see.

48 minutes ago, AuburnJen said:

What we normally do, and are planning to do this year, is board a boat and go right inside the park in front of the train station.  We find a cool place to sit and my son puts on his gun mufflers so he can watch the fireworks and the sound doesn't bother him so much.  (it is really loud there)  From that vantage point, you can see all the way around the pond and you can see very clearly all the numbers of the countdown.  It works really well too because we are also the first ones back out to get back on the boat back to the fort.

However, I have been told by some awesome photography people that the TTC vantage point is much better than I just described.  I am currently in secret deliberations in my head on which way to go.  My son and I are going solo this year without the supergeek so we will have to make the decision on which point of view we want to see.

We discovered that you get a decent view of any low castle fireworks and castle projections from the TTC

On 11/20/2018 at 9:45 PM, Travisma said:

They may do New Years Eve.fireworks the night before like they do for 4th of July.  Others.on here may know that. So you could enjoy them early, then just relax New Years Eve.

They do, but I’m looking for a way to celebrate actual New Years Eve. 

On 11/20/2018 at 9:46 PM, ImDownWithDisney said:

I can't see them closing the whole beach. I would mix up some drinks, grab some chairs, and head to the beach on the golf cart. 

I’m wondering....

On 11/21/2018 at 12:07 AM, Katman1356...Jason said:

We have usually watched the New Years fireworks on the 30th in the Magic Kingdom and then from the Beach at the Fort on NYE. If they are dumb enough to close the whole beach head down anyway. Bring popcorn, beer, and cheers and watch them try to turn everyone away from the beach. Should be a good time when the riots start. 

Could get interesting, right? 

13 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Go to Epcot. Fuego!

just kidding- I've never done it, but I like the idea of taking the boat to the MK and watching the fireworks from outside the park, then jumping right in the line to get back to the Fort. 

They are going to do the NYE fireworks at the MK on both the 30th and 31st. I plan to go on the 30th as per usual- it's never too bad. 

TCD

Fuego!

Outside the park might win. I wonder how crowded it gets. 

3 hours ago, AuburnJen said:

That sounds promising.  It’s harder to get two them the front of the Magic Kingdom though. And they’ll search my backpack. 🤣